So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the clarification, Zzyyggy. Makes more sense. I’m here for dessert, although your order sounds wonderful. I made chicken fajitas for dinner tonight. They turned out great. Francois made apple crisp today and I think there’s some butter pecan ice cream in the cybercafe’s freezer. Francois also makes delicious caramel sauce that will be perfect drizzled over my dessert. Maybe Viktor will add some caramel sauce to my iced mocha, too, before he serves it.

Gee, your coffee is getting pricey, Zzyyggy. It would be so nice to have a gift card for free coffees! A gift card for a year’s worth of free coffee.
  • Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda, Yessssss, that would be great a gift card for free coffees. It's a good thing I only get that coffee once a week though. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the fried scallops with french fries and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some of Francois's freshly made Apple Crisp with Vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hi, Zzyyggy. Yes, the apple crisp is delicious. I ordered it again with butter pecan ice cream and caramel sauce. I’ve been cold all day. I’m going to go sit by the fire in the Club Room and read.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda. I'm going to have the prime rib dinner tonight with baked potato, salad, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. I'm going to have it out on the terrace and enjoy the warm ocean breezes.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hey, Zzyyggy. I’m ordering coffee. We were at a picnic and when we got home all I wanted was a cup of coffee. Too late for that except at the cybercafe.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, hope you had a good picnic and there was lots of good food. Francois must have read your post and got picnic on the brain. He brought out the barbecue grill and is barbecuing to order with all the sides you could want, and a cooler full of drinks. I'm going to have the grilled spareribs with potato salad, corn on the cob, and salad, and a coca cola. For dessert I'm going to have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. I'll eat it out on the terrace by the grill. I love smelling the food cooking.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, yesterday’s picnic was burgers, hotdogs, with chips and dips, baked beans with tons of bacon, and what looked like deli potato salad and maybe noodle salad. I had a hamburger. Then, of course, there were desserts, yum 😋. Sweetie made Betty’s Luscious Layer Bars, but I had the yellow cake with chocolate frosting, and somehow I managed not to bring any food back home. Oddly, they had bottles of water or beer to drink. Usually there’s soda, too. I brought my own bottle of water because I don’t drink beer or soda.

Since there’s no desserts in the house I figured Francois would have something wonderful for dessert. A cybercafe picnic would be perfect. Francois made those great big crunchy chocolate chip cookies again, too. Sweetie and I are tired this evening. We made meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and carrots for tonight and maybe two more meals and took it all over to the kids house for their dinner tonight. They drove down from Maine yesterday and today, getting in right at dinner time. Our daughter-in-law’s mother is moving in with them now.

Mm, Francois makes the best barbecued chicken and the potato salad tastes just like my mom’s. Igor and Jorge are manning the grills. Did you try the Texas toast? The coleslaw, baked beans, and corn on the cob are so good.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, mmmmm I want to go to your picnic, but Francois had a good barbecue yestarday. Tonight I'm going to have a huge bowl of french onion soup with lots of bread and butter and a coca cola. For dessert I'm going to have some of those Chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. I'll have it out on the terrace again in the warm tropical sunshine.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hi, Zzyyggy. I got my hair cut today. Usually my hairdresser, Miss Nora, takes Monday off, but her schedule is crazy right now because she’s babysitting her granddaughter a couple times a week. Boy, she cut my hair short. Miss Nora fluffs and teases my hair to make it look like I have more hair (I’m losing my hair) and it looks real nice, but I can’t do all that stuff like she does. I wonder what my hair is going to like tomorrow.😬

Ah, the tropical sunshine is nice, Zzyyggy. We did have a beautiful sunny day here in the Charlotte area. I ordered an iced tea and Viktor should be here any second with my cheese and freggies plate. I’m just about falling asleep now, although 7:30 pm is a bit early for bed. Hopefully, I’ll make it through until at least 9:30 pm.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I have to get my hair cut again sometime. Probably mid May when things calm down if they ever do. I am starving tonight. I'm going to have a bucket of KFC original recipe with mashed potatoes and gravy. Biscuits, corn on the cob with lots of butter, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some peanut butter chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. I'll have it out on the terrace to soak up the warm tropical sunshine.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Biscuits? I’m definitely ordering biscuits. Sweetie likes biscuits with chicken and gravy. That’s pretty good, I’m not really big on gravy, but sometimes it’s a treat. I like butter and jelly or cheese or peanut butter or all three on my biscuits. Mm, biscuits and coffee sounds perfect.

I’m curious, do they make chocolate covered jelly beans? Hmm, Googling. . .yes, yes, indeed. Some chocolate covered jelly beans for dessert! 😋 It’s hot out here on the terrace, Zzyyggy, but I’m sure my jelly beans won’t melt.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, even if they didn't make chocolate covered jelly beans our Francois would come up with a recipe. I'm going to have a bowl of french onion soup with bread and butter and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and, and iced mocha. I only had a half a cup of iced coffee this morning. So I made some using hot coffee over ice not as good. Every other night or so I have to brew up a pitcher of coffee and chill it in the frig. Didn't do it last night. Tonight I will.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, that onion soup was delicious this evening. Even though it was 82 degrees today I’m freezing. It’s the air conditioning. I’m just not used to it. Fortunately, it’s nice and cozy in the Club Room. I’ve got my book and coffee so it’s all good. Viktor found a lovely candy dish with three bowls and filled them with M&M’s, chocolate covered espresso beans, and chocolate covered jelly beans. He gets me.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, that's our Francois. Tonight I'm going to have macaroni and cheese with garlic bread and butter and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some apple pie with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. I'll sit out on the terrace and enjoy the tropical sunshine.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Viktor! I’ll have what Zzyyggy’s having, please. I’m heading out to the terrace. I think I’ll have some broccoli in my macaroni and cheese and caramel sauce over my apple pie and ice cream. 😋

Zzyyggy, hi. Wow, tropical sunshine. We’ve been having sunny days in the Charlotte area. I can’t call it tropical because the humidity has been below 50%. It’s been lovely. It was 88 degrees today. I was outside for a bit this morning, but it was much cooler then. We went outside to inspect the damage from the carpenter bees on our deck and on the posts on the front porch. The carpenter bees managed to build nests in the handrails on our deck, even though we sprayed the holes with oil and plugged them. We have a nest on the front porch, as well. Those bees are huge and scary. They’re not aggressive, but they will sting if you’re a threat to their nests. The problem is that they drill big, deep holes into the wood on the deck. Thank goodness our house is brick.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, have you tried salting the holes. Just ordinary table salt and baking soda does the trick most times especially with ants. I know the bees are bigger then the ants but apparently when the baking soda gets in their digestion system they can't tolerate it. I learned this from a handyman friend of mine. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the grilled swordfish with baked potato, and peas and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a huge plate of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream with chocolate sauce and an iced mocha. Igor is decorating the place for cinqo di mayo, and I hear we're going to have a marachi ban on Sunday out on the terrace with chips and salsa, and Francois is firing up the outdoor brick ovens. Igor is also decorating the place for the Kentucky Derby tomorrow. He should get a raise shouldn't he?
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hi, Zzyyggy. I’m here really late or really early depending how you look at it. I had a nightmare. I was lying in bed awake and finally got up instead of being startled every time the HVAC decided to make noise. The system is dehumidifying. I'm fairly certain that a cup of tea and some mini pastries will help settle me down so I can go back to sleep and have sweet dreams.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, hopefully it wasn't a really bad nightmare. When I can't sleep I usually have a glass of milk. It doesn't have to be warm either. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a big ole bacon cheeseburger with onion rings, and a rootbeer. For dessert I'll have a chocolate vanilla creamy swirl with sprinkles on top and an iced mocha. I'll eat out on the terrace and watch the sunset.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hi, Zzyyggy. About the carpenter bees—they bore holes in the underside of the deck banisters. The holes go up and then turn and can extend horizontally for two to six inches! Not sure I can put salt in them. We didn’t oil the holes with WD 40 fast enough this year so the bees were able to lay their eggs. Now the baby bees, that are two to three times the size of an average bumblebee, are drilling their way out of the wood. Those bees really freak me out.

I didn’t go back to sleep last night, but I got a three hour nap this afternoon. I bet a decaf coffee with nutmeg would have helped me get back to sleep. I didn’t think of that. Usually I just have a glass of water or if I’m cold, a cup of tea. I am cold right now. We’ve had a rainy day and today’s high was 72 degrees. The air conditioning is dehumidifying and it makes it feel even colder. Since I missed the sun setting on the terrace, I think I’ll ask Igor to light the fireplace in the Club Room for me. Viktor will bring me a carafe of hot coffee with cream and sugar and a piece of the German chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream frosting Francois made this afternoon. I’m planning on spending the evening reading one of the Jill Shavis’s Sunrise Cove novels.
  • Schnootie
    Schnootie Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    This is one of the most wholesome threads I have ever read. <3 I just rolled out of bed, so I will have a homemade buttery chocolate croissant and white nectarines drizzled with honey and sprinkled with roasted slivered almonds. And a large milk coffee topped with whipped cream. I will take that on the patio overlooking the ocean.