Options

Replies

• MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,438 Member
    Options
    @Zzyyggy Duncan!

Ooo…. Haven’t had a Dunkin in ages!
    Might have to go find me some!

Meanwhile, I think I will watch the critters too.
    🎼🎶
    Oooo Ooo Ooo lookin out my back door!
    🎵🎸🎶
  • Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda, I need another evening of tropical sunshine. It was cold and wet out there today, and that wind was blowing. I didn't go out though stayed inside. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a big bowl of seafood chowder with lots of bread and butter for dipping. For dessert I'll have some klondike bars and an iced mocha. Aaah life at the Cyber cafe.
  • LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Good evening! Eons ago, when I was an Administrative Assistant, I was in charge of picking up bagels and Dunkin’ Donuts for our work meetings, mostly because I’m the only one drove right by the local Bagelsmith. The Bagelsmith sold Dunkin’ Donuts. That’s when I figured out that donuts make me sick. Now I know fried foods are deadly for me, but fried foods were something I seldom ate so I didn’t realize that was an issue for me. The best coffee I’ve had locally is at the Sun Valley McDonald’s. Their coffee is better than Starbucks or Dunkin. Weird, isn’t it? Monroe, where I live has terrible water and right now it smells like chlorine. Not the best for making coffee. We use bottled water and most restaurants filter their water. One of the towns we lived in when Sweetie and I were first married, had the best water for coffee. We had a well and in colonial times that area was known for mining iron ore. Maybe it was the iron in the water that made the coffee taste so good.

Oh, now I want a cup of coffee. I think I’ll have Viktor bring me a pot of coffee and some chocolate mint cookies. I might have to stay up so I can finish the book I’m reading. I’m having trouble getting through this book, however I’m almost done with it so I might as well read it to the end.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, Our municipal water in Burlington is pretty bad. This place and the last place I lived both have filtered water so I've been drinking that. Not bothering to buy any. Maybe that's why my coffee hasn't been that great. I may have to try the filtered water for that. I'm in need of lots of tropical sunshine. I'm going to have the barbecued chicken for dinner with potato salad, cole slaw, corn on the cob, dinner rolls and a coca cola. Lots of butter for everything. Our local Mcdonald's also makes pretty good iced coffee. I use to go to the one out in Essex when I lived in Winooski. Aaah just feel that sunshine
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, dinner was wonderful—I ordered the same thing you ordered. You’ve really turned up the heat at the cybercafe this evening. We had a sunny day at home, but with temperatures in the 50’s it felt quite chilly to me. I’m glad the recliners at the cybercafe have heating and cooling. It makes it easier to keep my bucket of M&M’s from melting. Viktor has stuffed the bucket with every flavor in single and double serving packages. I think my favorite are the caramel M&M’s. I like the pastel colors for the Spring M&M’s. You didn’t mention dessert, Zzyyggy. Viktor has your ice cream freezer in the gazebo fully stocked with everyone’s favorite ice cream. I could have some coffee ice cream topped with M&M’s. Hopefully, Margaret can join us.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm starving tonight. I'm going to have the quarter pounder with cheese from you know where, a large fry, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have one of their apple pies, and an iced mocha. I've been craving McDonalds ever since I mentioned them in the last post. Who knew. I'll enjoy it on the terrace again even though I'm getting plenty of sunshine now. I wonder why noone ever comes in here. You think we scare them away or all of Igor's decorations do. Although I can't see what the harm is in leprechauns and a few four leaf clovers, although Igor does tend to over do it sometimes.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hi, Zzyyggy. I think it’s the food that scares people away. If you can imagine it, you might just crave it. That could make sticking to a diet difficult. It’s so nice out here on the terrace at the cybercafe, who wouldn’t want to spend time here? It’s so beautiful. Ah, well. I’m going to have coffee and a pumpkin swirl brownie for dessert and enjoy the view.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I think right now I might conjure up freezing weather and a snow storm. I get the afternoon sunshine now, and my apartment is hotter then you know where right now. I have both windows open and the heat off. The breeze off the lake feels really nice though. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the roast beef grinder with the works, chips, and a coca cola. for dessert I'll have one of these giant chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. I'll eat out on the terrace and watch the dragons, and sea monster in the ocean. Then maybe go for a swim.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Evening, Zzyyggy. Francois added M&M’s and pecans to those giant crispy, crunchy chocolate chip cookies for me. Viktor’s going to bring some out for us along with our coffees. Doesn’t the cyberpool look pretty from the terrace? The little green and gold fairy lights shining off the green water looks lovely.

I’m hoping you have air conditioning and some kind of window covering to keep the heat out this summer.

At home our azaleas are blooming. Well, the red azaleas are blooming. The different color azaleas all bloom at different times. Weird. Some of the azaleas bloom in the fall (unless Sweetie goes crazy and trims the azaleas when they’re budding). My white irises should be blooming, too, but there’s only one blooming. I think they may need some fertilizer and I know they need to be trimmed back in the fall. The purple irises bloom later, but they haven’t been blooming for the last couple of years. Maybe they need to be thinned out.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I will definitely have AC, and I think they'll put it in at the end of April or beginning of May. I'm starving tonight. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a big bowl of chili with corn bread, salad, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some Klondike bars and an iced mocha. I'll eat out on the terrace tonight and enjoy the sunset.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hi, Zzyyggy. Francois made tortellini for me tonight. I think he put a little too much garlic in it 😷. I’m fairly certain that chocolate will take care of that. In fact, a hot fudge sundae with brownie studded coffee ice cream topped with hot fudge sauce (barely warm, please, Viktor) and whipped cream should take care of garlic breath. Let’s see, hmm, which M&M’s should I add on top of my sundae? The pastel milk chocolate ones will look very pretty and taste really good. Are we waiting until sunset for dessert? I’ll need some mints if we do, because I can’t sit here with a mask on for that long!
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, Yes Chocolate takes care of everything. Tonight I'm going to have a bacon cheeseburger with onion rings, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a brownie, with chocolate ice cream and chocolate sauce and an iced mocha. Did I mention I was in need of a chocolate fix? I'll have it out by the pool.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Chocolate! Zzyyggy, I had a chocolate-chocolate chip Bundt birthday cupcake today. It’s our grandson’s birthday. We had filet mignon, broccoli, and baked potatoes for dinner. Delicious. The bakery is called Nothing Bundt Cakes. These are franchise businesses, but I think the closest to you would be in Albany, New York. A bit of a trip for cake.

I think I’ll slide into my pool lounger and float around on the emerald green water for a while. Here’s Victor with my iced mocha now. What a beautiful evening at the cybercafe.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Viktor, it’s so nice to see you waiting on tables at the cybercafe’s indoor pool cafe! (Maybe they’ve cloned him.) I’m in desperate need of coffee, please. I’ll have a piece of apple pecan strudel, too.

We had thunderstorms this morning with rolling thunder, which sounds really cool. More storms are predicted this evening. Maybe. Don’t you love when they predict a 38% chance of rain and then tell you it’s going to start raining at 11:36? How oddly specific.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda. Coming in late tonight. I got home from swimming and couldn't keep my eyes open so went to bed. Woke up a few minutes ago. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the fried scallops platter with frenchfries, coleslaw and lots of tarter sauce. A coca cola please. For dessert I'll have some brownies and an iced mocha. We can sit out here and watch the sunset and maybe have s'mores later on.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    S’mores, I like s’mores. Mm, so good.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, you know I think Betty has a s'mores pie recipe, either her or A Taste of Home. I remember seeing it somewhere and would like to try it. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the bacon cheeseburger with french fries, and a root beer this time around. For dessert I'll have the giant chocolate chip cookie and an iced mocha. Had the real iced mocha this morning at Starbucks. Went shopping today instead of tomorrow. I think Sunday will be my rest day from now on.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Yup, s’mores pie or s’mores ice cream pie. I’ll have a side by side comparison. Viktor, a slice of both, please.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I think we missed national pie day on Thursday. Francois made up for it today. For dinner I'm going to have some shepherd's pie with lots of dinner rolls and butter and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have the St. Patty's day mint chocolate chip pie with an iced mocha. Happy St. Patty's day. I had corned beef in the real world for dinner tonight. Cooked it in the crockpot and it came out really good. Couldn't fit the cabbage in with it. I'll have that tomorrow. I'll take dinner out on the terrace tonight.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, we did miss pi day! Let’s hope Francois can make an Irish coffee ice cream pie. I didn’t make corned beef this year. We baked chicken with sun dried tomatoes served over pasta with broccoli. Not very Irish, but Happy St. Patrick’s Day!