So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm starving tonight. I'm going to be a kid tonight and have chicken fingers with french fries, peas, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a brownie with chocolate ice cream, and chocolate sauce and an iced mocha. I'm tired tonight but I'm going to sit out on the terrace again and watch the fireflies. I wonder if that ground hog will see his shadow tomorrow
  • LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Hey, Zzyyggy. Glad to see you’re still awake. I’m not too concerned about the groundhog because winter doesn’t actually last six weeks in the Charlotte area. 😀. Sometimes I really love our moderate winters, but it should occasionally snow. We do get snow. One year we got 9 inches of snow—all at once, in one storm, 😮.

Sweetie and I stopped at Panera today and got a salad for me and a sandwich for him, however we didn’t get dessert! I promised Sweetie he could have dessert at the cybercafe. He wants chocolate ice cream with hot fudge sauce, chocolate curls, and a handful of M&M’s sprinkled over the top. I ordered a piece of carrot cake for me and coffees for both of us. I think my M&M’s habit has finally influenced Sweetie.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda and Sweetie, I'm starving again tonight. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the fried seafood platter with clams, scallops, oysters, and haddock. French fries, coleslaw, and a coca cola with that plus some dinner rolls with lots of butter For dessert I'm going to have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. Another night on the terrace in sunshine for me. I miss the sun. Maybe I should do a sundance instead of a rain dance.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hi, Zzyyggy. You’ve got me thinking about frying fish. When we lived in the Charleston, WV area Sweetie and our son would go fishing for catfish. You hear about the catfish jumpin’ and they actually do. Anyway, they’d never catch anything, but I’d buy catfish and fry it up. That was a long time ago now. Catfish and home fries, coleslaw, and hush puppies served with fresh lemonade or sweetened iced tea (not to be confused with sweet tea) would be real good.

Francois made some rocky road fudge today. Even though the cybercafe’s kitchen has been busy, he always has time to make whatever anyone wants. Sweetie loves fudge. It’s something his mom always made. I enjoy baking, but I never got into candy making. Tonight some rocky road fudge sounds good and if Francois makes it, I know it’ll be delicious. I’m going to sit out here on the terrace with you, Zzyyggy, and have a couple of cups of coffee and share some fudge with whoever wants some.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Viktor, my very favorite waiter, how are you today? I see Zzyyggy hasn’t made it in yet. Sweetie and I are here for dessert. We’ll sit out on the terrace again tonight. Let’s make that ocean side. Sweetie wants a chocolate espresso sundae with extra brownie bits and plenty of grated chocolate. Actually, that sounds so good I’ll have one, too, but just a small one. Sweetie likes three scoops of coffee ice cream. I’ll have one scoop, even though Francois makes the best coffee ice cream. It’s delicious. May we have a bowl with more chocolate covered espresso beans, please?
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm late tonight. Was almost to bed when I realized I hadn't been in here today. I'll have a late dinner of pancakes, and sausages with lots of butter and maple syrup and milk. For dessert I'll have slice of angel food cake with strawberries, and whipped cream on top and an iced mocha. May I join you on the terrace Linda. I love the ocean view side.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Whew, I made it in time for Sunday Brunch at The Cybercafe. I think I’ll make up a couple of plates and have Viktor take them to a poolside table for me. That way we can have fruits, veggies, and meats to snack on, plus, there’s a bread basket full of baked goodies already on the table. Of course, Sweetie has decided that he wants the pecan pancakes topped with maple syrup and pralines. I’ve had those before and they are delicious.

It’s a beautiful day out here on the patio. Igor has all the Valentine’s decorations up. I think he’s finally done. He’s been working on it for several weeks now. Ah, here’s Viktor with our coffee carafes. I love how we all get individual carafes. Mm, you should try the cinnamon chocolate rugelach. Divine.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, here on time today. I'm going to have a big bowl of hearty chili with corn bread and a salad. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'm going to have some klondike bars and an iced mocha. I think I'll eat in the dining room tonight by the roaring fire. We had sunshine today but it was cold so I need heat. I also like to watch the fish tanks. Igor has done a good job in here too. Our best decorator ever. He won't let Viktor or Francois help.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, the fire feels great tonight. Viktor brought extra marshmallows for my hot chocolate. The apple caramel bread pudding Francois made tonight is delicious. I like it warm, but I ordered caramel swirl ice cream, too. Sweetie and I had a Sunday roast beef with roasted sweet potatoes and a veggie salad. Sweetie said he’d like bread pudding and I knew Francois would whip something right up.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, that's our Francois ready to whip anything we can come up with up. For dinner tonight I'm going to have that roast beef dinner with winter squash, peas, dinner rolls with lots of butter, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. While I don't need sunshine today I do need heat. I'll have dinner in the dining room again by the fire place. Maybe we'll have some s'mores later. Hey Linda, I'm moving again. My name came to the top of a list for subsidized apartments in Burlington in a really good location. The apartment is a little smaller then this, but it is a 1 bedroom. For rent I'll be paying %30 of my income which comes to about 400 dollars a month. The apartment is available on the 15th of February, but I do have until March 1 to move. That's only 24 days away now. So I'm busy again this time of year packing up. Hopefully I won't have to move after a snow storm like last year.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, congratulations on scoring an another apartment! Hopefully, you’ll be closer to all your favorite places and people. (Although moving is a great way to declutter, you really don’t have to move every year 😉 just to declutter. Okay, enough silliness.)

I wouldn’t mind sitting by the fire this evening. Sweetie is making fajitas and refried beans. No, I’m wrong, it seems he’s making chili because he added the beans to the vegetables and meat. He’s making me crazy. It’s taking forever and I’m starving. S’mores for dessert sounds good. I’ll make mine with crumbled graham crackers, caramel swirl ice cream, hot fudge sauce and roasted marshmallows. Mm, a wonderful s’mores sundae
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, believe it or not I am decluttering. Anyways did 5 boxes this morning. I'm starving tonight. For dinner I'm going to have the meatloaf platter with mashed potatoes, gravy, peas, dinner rolls, lots of butter and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a slice of apple pie with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. I'll enjoy the fire again tonight. It was cold today
  • LindaK125
    Options
    It’s always good to declutter! I can’t figure out where all the clutter comes from, but at least I can blame it on Sweetie. I ordered a roast beef hoagie for dinner. Francois knows exactly how I like it. The apple pie and ice cream for dessert sounds delicious. That and coffee in front of the fire will be wonderful. I spent a few minutes out on the front porch this afternoon. After last week’s warm temperatures, our seasonal cold mid 50’s feels really cold to me.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I don't have anyone else to blame for the clutter, and I'm not sure where it comes from either. I've only been here for less then a year. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a big ole plate of spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread, salad, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hi, Zzyyggy. Mm, garlic bread. I’ll just pop into the kitchen, Francois won’t mind, and make garlic bread pizza. Delicious. I couldn’t decide on dessert, but fortunately Igor and Viktor put out little bowls of foil wrapped chocolate hearts all over the place. I like the caramel chocolate hearts the best. The chocolate crunch hearts are good, too. Ah, it’s so nice to have my coffee and dessert by the fire tonight .
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I am starving tonight guys. Worked up quite an appetite. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the bucket of fried chicken from you know where with mashed potatoes, gravy, corn on the cob, biscuits with lots of butter, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a slice of blueberry pie with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. I'll eat out on the terrace tonight with the view of the lagoon. Maybe our Sea Monster will pop up for a visit?
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy! Nice night out here on the terrace. Have you seen the sea monster yet? I’ve got my chocolate covered caramel popcorn with M&M’s mixed with cheddar cheese popcorn for dessert and an iced tea to drink. Sweetie wants cinnamon raisin bread pudding with bourbon hard sauce and a coffee for dessert. Sweetie isn’t going to join us, though. He’s watching “Dad TV” in the man cave this evening.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm tired tonight. Not really that hungry though. I had chineese earlier in the real world. I'm going to have the grilled swordfish tonight though with lots of buttery dill sauce, a baked potato, salad and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, Francois made his Valentine’s heart shaped cookies. Some are butter cookies, but I like the chocolate cookies that are dipped in chocolate. Yummy! I’ll get some coffee and sit by the fire and have cookies with you. I’m ready for a nice quiet evening.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, Another Saturday Night in the Cafe. I'm going to have a big ole bacon cheeseburger with onion rings and a rootbeer tonight. For dessert I'll have some klondike bars and an iced mocha. I think I'll have it out on the terrace looking over the ocean.