So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda, guess we got a couple of Christmas decorating fiends. The picture does look good. I remember as a child our whole house being decorated by my mother. She wouldn't let any of us kids do it unless it was our own rooms. We got to help with the tree though. Igor has added a few more trees to the dining room I see. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the bucket of fried chicken from KFC with mashed potatoes, gravy, coleslaw, and lots of those delicious biscuits. A coca cola and lots of butter for the biscuits please. I'll even share it Linda. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Chicken, gravy, coleslaw, biscuits, and more! Yes, please! Thanks, Zzyyggy. I asked Francois to make Betty’s chocolate toffee thumbprint cookies for dessert. They’ll be wonderful with nice hot cafe mochas or iced mochas.

My mom didn’t decorate much for Christmas. The tree went up on Christmas Eve and came down on New Year’s Day. There was usually a wreath on the door. Neither of my parents liked too much clutter. There was more clutter when the grandchildren were little, but that may be because my grandmother was living there at the time. Sweetie, on the other hand, loves Christmas and all its associated clutter. The more the better!
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, 10 more days until Christmas. It's 50 degrees around here in the real world, and the sun is out. I'm hungry for some spare ribs, french fries, and and a coca cola. I'll have some cole slaw with that. For dessert I'll have some angel food cake and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hi, Zzyyggy. I’m having lasagna tonight. The coleslaw sounded so good I ordered that, too. I ordered a creamy caramel mocha for dessert. I’m planning on relaxing in my recliner here at the cybercafe.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I thought I had missed last night, but guess I didn't. Tonight I'm going to have the prime rib dinner with baked potato, salad and a coca cola. Lots of butter for those potatoes, dinner rolls. For dessert I'll have some brownies and an iced mocha. I'll enjoy it in the dining room tonight.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Viktor, I’ll take a cheeseburger, fries, and a Cheerwine, please. Mm, I can tell Francois has been baking something chocolate. Brownies? Mm, iced brownies and coffee for dessert sounds good.

Good evening, Zzyyggy. The dining room looks beautiful with all the holiday decorations. It was another beautiful day at the cybercafe. We’re both in for stormy weather in the real world. I’ll be spending tonight at The Cybercafe Inn. I’ll be able to enjoy Sunday Brunch in the morning and I can spend the day swimming or hiking here, as well.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I think I'll move into the cyber cafe after the holidays for the winter. Blah. The next chance for snow is Tuesday, or Wednesday. We better get some before Christmas is all I can say. Outside right now while it was still light out just plan looks bleh. For dinner tonight I'm going to have some lasagna with garlic bread, and a salad with a coca cola please. For dessert I'll have some of those brownies Francois baked last night, and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hi, Zzyyggy. It looks like you’re in for lots of winter weather. We’ll be at our typical winter weather—mid 40’s to mid 50’s. Maybe we’ll see a week or two of cooler temperatures. More often than not we have rain on Christmas and that’s what the forecast is calling for this year. It can look pretty bleak except the camellias are in bloom this time of year. The kids have two huge camellia bushes. They grow 6 to 14 ft tall!

I just finished my bowl of stew, Francois shared his recipe with Sweetie. The stew was delicious. Mm, brownies with coffee ice cream, fudge sauce, chocolate covered espresso beans, mini M&M’s, and whipped cream for dessert would be great. Let’s have dessert by the fire tonight. The storm is letting up here, but the winds are getting stronger. Brrr.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, no snow it was just rain all day. We might get snow squalls tomorrow, but they don't usually add up to much. I may not get a white Christmas up here. It poured all day. I want sunshine tonight. For dinner tonight I'm going to have some shepherd's pie with dinner rolls, lots of butter, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some Klondike bars and an iced mocha. Yes I'll take it out on the terrace in the sunshine. Maybe I'll have a snowstorm in the cyber cafe on Christmas day since we won't get any here.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Wow, Zzyyggy, that sun is bright this evening. I would truly enjoy snow for Christmas, even if it’s just at the cybercafe. They’re predicting rain in the Charlotte area most all of next week. It’s a pie kind of night, isn’t it? I’m having pizza pie with lots of veggies and cheese. Sweetie is making pie. I’m hoping for pumpkin pie, but he said something about mincemeat pie, which I like, too. I ordered a piece of pumpkin pie and coffee for dessert out here on the terrace. I hope Viktor remembers the whipped cream. I forgot to ask for some and I like extra for my coffee.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, Viktor never forgets anything. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the meatloaf platter with mashed potates, gravy, and peas. Dinner rolls with lots of butter, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some klondike bars and an iced mocha. I'll have it in the dining room since we got sunshine today. I love to watch all the fish in the tanks.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hi, Zzyyggy. I think it’s cute that Igor stuck little elf hats on the aquarium glass. It makes it look like the fish are wearing hats. Francois made this delicious pasta tonight. It had a big complicated name, but it has pasta and cheese, therefore it qualifies as macaroni and cheese. Don’t tell Francois that I crumbled tortilla chips over my pasta. I going to have banana pudding, the kind with the Nila Wafers and lots of whipped cream for dessert. Oh, and coffee—a cup or two of Peet’s Cafe Domingo.

I’m so tired tonight. I feel like I didn’t do much because I did little things like washing and reorganizing the refrigerator shelves. Not something anyone will notice, but I’ll know it’s clean. Tomorrow I have to start vacuuming and cleaning the house for Sunday. Sweetie wanted to start making food for Christmas Eve, but it’s still too early.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm tired too. Played Bingo in the early part of the afternoon, and then hung out down stairs. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the Bacon Cheeseburger with french fries, beans, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate pudding with whipped cream and an iced mocha. Went down to Hannafords earlier today and that place was a mad house. I had gotten a $20.00 gift card for Hannafords. Bought myself a small prime rib for $17.00 and a couple of other things for Christmas Eve Dinner. I'm going to my sister's on Christmas day and we'll have Ham. Of course I went over the $20.00 but it's worth it. I haven't had prime rib in ages.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Wow, busy day for you, Zzyyggy. Sweetie is going grocery shopping tomorrow. 😬 I’m hoping we won’t need anything from the store until after Christmas. Our son is the prime rib chef in the family. It’s a real treat that we don’t get very often. He did say they were serving beef on Christmas. We’re making ham and my chicken and stuffing casserole with all the fixings for Christmas Eve. Sweetie said he’d make the baklava pumpkin pie for dessert, but he’s worried about making something new for the holiday dinner. Now I have to figure out what I want to bake. Usually we make cookies, but if they’re in the house I’ll eat them and eat them and eat them. Not the best idea.

I love Christmas cookies and, in fact, that’s what I’m going to order for dessert. Coffee and the Christmas cookie sampler served in the Club Room would be perfect. I can sit back in my recliner and spend the evening reading my book.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm getting all Christmas Cookied out I've had so many recently. They are good though. For dinner tonight I'll have the chicken pot pie with lots of dinner rolls and butter, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a slice of devil's food cake and an iced mocha. I'll eat in the dining room by the fire. I'm in some need of warmth right now. It's cold outside, and I got a chill earlier. That fire does feel good. Igor the elves shouldn't be put to work as waiters right now, they need to be making toys.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Dinner was delicious, Zzyyggy. Now I know what happens when Santa’s elves become waiters. Who knew you could make cute little trains out of the foil wrapped chocolates and use them as centerpieces? Do you think the elves will mind if I eat some of the chocolates? Oh, I think that elf just growled at me. Not to worry, just reaching for my tea. Not touching the chocolate. Nope.

Viktor, I’ll have the mini nachos plate for dessert, please, and an iced mocha.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I think Igor is getting a little too Christmassy around here, but who knew. Now we have walking Christmas trees as waiters taking our orders. Oh okay I see they are just costumes. For dinner tonight I'd like a big plate of fried scallops with french fries and lots of tarter sauce, and coleslaw. Dinner rolls with lots of butter and a coca cola please. For dessert I'll have some klondike bars and an iced mocha. I'll eat it in the dining room by the fire.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Gee, Zzyyggy, good to know Igor hasn’t started growing a forest in the dining room. I had a nice big bowl of chicken soup earlier and now I’m ready for dessert. Francois has been baking for the holiday weekend. He’s made apple strudel that tastes just like my mother-in-law’s. She made the best strudel. I ordered a piece of that with some vanilla ice cream. Mm, brings back wonderful memories.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I think that's next for him. For tonight's dinner I'm going to have a big bacon cheeseburger, and onion rings with a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate ice cream with an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, you’re going to have to rein Igor in if he decides to plant trees in the dining room!

Francois made some homemade ice cream I’d like to try. It’s vanilla ice cream with a cranberry pecan swirl. I’m heading into the Club Room to sit in my recliner by the fire, read my book, and enjoy my ice cream.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas weekend! Our grandson has strep throat so our Christmas has been postponed until next week. Fortunately, the cybercafe has a fantastic weekend planned and the celebrations go through the whole week with ice skating and all sorts of other outdoor activities. And we wouldn’t want to forget the Christmas movie marathon running throughout the week in the cybercafe’s man cave.