So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 3,122 Member
    Options
    I need something warm and toasty tonight. Surprise me, Victor. Tomato soup & grilled cheese? French onion soup? Stew and cornbread? You get the idea. I'll be on the terrace, expectantly waiting.
  • Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm starving tonight. I'm going to have the fried chicken platter diner style with mashed potatoes, gravy, corn on the cob, and lots of dinner rolls. A coca cola with all that. For dessert I'll have a slice of blueberry pie with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. I'll take out on the terrace again. We're going into the deep darkness of Winter around here in the real world.
  • LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Corina, Viktor is an extraordinary waiter. It’s almost as though he can read minds. Of course, Zzyyggy wouldn’t have it any other way. The blueberry pie looks good. I think I’m going to go into the cybercafe’s kitchen and ask Francois to make me a parfait with some blueberry pie filling, granola, and yogurt. I wish I could actually eat yogurt. I believe you should only have allergies to foods you dislike. I bet my parfait would be even better with M&M’s (don’t tell Francois).

I’m sorry your winters are so dark, Zzyyggy. The Charlotte area is mostly bright and sunny in the winter, especially when we’re having a drought. Today was another beautiful day with temperatures in the upper 50’s. We had our yearly morning low of 20 degrees last week. I wonder how much actual winter weather we’ll have this winter. Maybe we’ll see snow and daytime temperatures below 40 degrees this year. Two years ago it was warm enough that Sweetie was mowing the lawn in January and February.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi ladies, I'm coming in early because I'll be out later this evening. For lunch today I'm going to have the beef stroganoff platter with lots of dinner rolls, and coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies, and an iced mocha. I'll enjoy dinner on the sunny warm, and comfortable terrace.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Gee, Zzyyggy, you’re here early and I’m here late. I’m frequently late. Tonight I was sitting in the kitchen watching Francois cook up a storm. He made a very special pasta dish for me. Of course, anything with pasta and cheese works for me. Sweetie has been decorating for Christmas this week. I’m surprised he didn’t start the day after Halloween. I think I’ve tempered most of the excess. I’ve tried to explain to Sweetie that I’m not baking this year. He, however, has decided to make the baklava pumpkin pie. Heaven help me.

I think I’ll spend the rest of the evening here at the cybercafe in the Club Room by the fire. I’m all set with a cat on my lap, a book, a coffee, and my bucket of M&M’s.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, here at the normal time, and I really need the tropical sunshine this afternoon. For dinner tonight I'm having the bacon cheeseburger platter with french fries and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream and an iced mocha. Aaaah sunshine. Igor has started with the Christmas decorations here as well. The dining room looks nice with all the Christmas trees in the corner and the tiny christmas trees on the table.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    I like all the fairy lights Igor has added to the cybercafe, Zzyyggy. I’m really tired this evening. I think I’ll have Viktor serve my dessert in the Club Room. I ordered a pot of tea and chocolate wafer cookies iced with brown sugar icing. I love making these cookies. The dough looks like Tootsie Rolls. You roll them out thin and they bake up crunchy. I like to flavor them with mint or you can just use vanilla and you can dip them in chocolate or ice them. They make really nice Christmas cookies.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, how about the lights he's stringing up over the pool. Silver and gold. I really need the tropical sunshine today. It's just plain bleh around here. No rain or snow just dark and dreary all day. I think I would rather have the snow. For dinner tonight I'm going to have some French onion soup with lots of bread and butter, and a coca cola. I'll enjoy it in the dining room by the roaring fire, and watch the tropical fish in the tanks. For dessert I'll have some chocolate ice cream with chocolate sauce and an iced mocha. Oh look Igor is putting the floating Christmas tree up in the pool.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    I was just looking out the french doors here in the dining room checking out the holiday decorations in and around the pool. It’s beautiful. Look, the tree is on a platform in the pool, like an island. Igor said he’s going to set up a North Pole village/candyland on the terrace with the gazebo being Santa’s house. Wow! Here’s Viktor with my coffee. Oh, look, he’s got a tin of Danish butter cookies. Those things are highly addictive.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I really need sunshine. I'm going to have the grilled half chicken dinner with potato salad, and coleslaw, and dinner rolls with a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream and a iced mocha. I'll eat out on the terrace and enjoy the tropical sunshine.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Santa’s village looks wonderful in the tropical sun, Zzyyggy. Now that it’s after 8:00 pm though, you could let the sun set. Perhaps we can have sunset last for an hour. I love sunset. It’s the perfect time for dessert. In fact, since it’s so warm and toasty out here, I ordered a piece of peach custard pie and iced tea for dessert.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I think I'm going to have the sun out 24 hours, well maybe 12 hours. Yes I know sunsets and sunrises are pretty. We had a really nice sunrise in the real world this morning. Bright red, and you know what that means. It's been raining ever since, and we'll get snow later on. For dinner tonight I could really go for chineese food. So of course Francois and Viktor set up the all you can eat chineese buffet bar. I'm going to start out with a plate of sweet and sour chicken with pork fried rice then work my way through the bar. I'll have a coca cola with that. For dessert I'll have the fortune cookies, and vanilla ice cream with an iced mocha. I'll eat out on the terrace again and enjoy the tropical sunshine.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Mm, the egg rolls are delicious, Zzyyggy. I got some of the mu shu chicken with the pancakes and hoisin sauce and a little bit of the chicken and straw mushrooms. I love the sesame green beans. For dessert I’m going to have some lychee nuts and kumquats with my fortune cookies. I haven’t had that for years. Here’s Viktor with another pot of tea for me.

Since the sun is still shining I’ll sit out here and enjoy the sunny weather. It’s raining at home. We got 2 1/3 inches of rain today. No snow here, it’s just too warm. The colder weather is coming.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, Yes that was a good chineese bar last night. Tonight I'm going to have the roast beef grinder with the works, cheddar cheese, and bacon, a bag of potato chips, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a huge chocolate chip cookie, and an iced mocha. I'll have it out on the terrace with the sunshine since I didn't see the sun either today. I'm going to forget what it looks like.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy! I’m jealous that you got snow out of the big storm yesterday and through the night into the morning. We ended up getting 3.73 inches of rain yesterday. I hope it pulls us out of this drought we’ve been in. We had a beautiful sunny day today, but the high was a chilly 45 degrees and I decided to spend some time at the cybercafe to warm up.

I ordered the Sharwarma chicken dinner with rice and grilled vegetables and iced tea to drink. Francois made fresh pita bread and his homemade hummus. I’m looking forward to some fresh berry cobbler topped with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream for dessert.

Oh, look, Igor added some cute little elves to Santa’s village. Um, Zzyyggy, are those elves moving?
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, yeah I think so, they maybe some of Igor's Zombie friends coming back. For dinner tonight I want a big bowl of french onion soup with lots of bread and butter, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. I'll eat in the dining room by the fire. It was cold today, but the sun help to brighten things up.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Gee, Zzyyggy, I was kind of thinking maybe Igor found a bunch of elves and promised them little houses to live in and free food if they dressed like Santa’s helpers. Hmm, zombie Santa’s elves are much more creepy.

Now that I’ve finished dinner I think I’ll go sit in my recliner by the fire in the Club Room and take a nap before bedtime. First, though, I’ll have some Christmas cookies and a cup of coffee.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, well they could be real elves. Maybe we'll get some of those, and just have Igor's friends help out in the kitchen. I'm tired tonight. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a big plate of spaghetti with meatballs, garlic bread and a toss salad with full french dressing. A coca cola with all that. For dessert I'll have a slice of devil's food cake with chocolate ice cream and an iced mocha. I'll have it in the dining room, and then go see if Linda is up for a game of cards after her nap.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Cards it is, Zzyyggy! That chocolate cake looked so good, I ordered some, too, coffee and chocolate cake topped with chocolate ice cream and fudge sauce. I just sprinkle some M&M’s on top.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Oh, my goodness, Sweetie is at it again. He’s found more garland to put around on the shelves at the top of the stairs. He can’t seem to stop decorating the house. If it wasn’t dark and 38 degrees outside, I would try to think of something to keep him busy outside of the house. Hmm, it’s a bit late to send him to the store and besides, he went shopping earlier today. He and Igor both love Christmas. Although, Sweetie isn’t nearly as over the top as Igor.

I’ve decided I’m going to order one of those frosty coffee drinks like they sell at Wendy’s. They sound like they would be delicious.

Oh, please, Sweetie just put lights on the garland. I wonder if he’ll hang the Christmas cat banner over the picture, too.

4m7fjaszhdeh.jpeg

Really a horrible photo, but you can see the garland. The stairs are beginning to look quite tacky. No cat banner yet. Whew.