So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I took some of Francois’ dinner rolls and meatloaf and made a sandwich or two. Coffee and pie for dessert 😋👍🏻.

Zzyyggy, I think I’m going to go sit by the fire in the Club Room and have dessert while I read my book. I haven’t had time to sit and read today. I spent some time straightening up this morning and then we went to vote in the afternoon and stopped for dinner at the local Mexican restaurant.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Wow, the day really got away from me. Ah, Viktor, nice to see you this evening. I’d like to sit by the fire with a cup of coffee and Mom’s pecan cake iced with maple brown sugar icing. Sweetie will be joining me in a few minutes. He wants vanilla ice cream on his pecan cake. If Zzyyggy comes in would you please tell her we’re in the Club Room?
  • Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda. Woke up to this mvjsjlh03dtm.jpg, and this this morningpu9lalhqujud.jpg, a little birthday present from Mother Nature. Yes today is my birthday. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the fried scallops with french fries, and tarter sauce, a coca cola with that, and cole slaw. For dessert I'll have some cupcakes, and an iced mocha. I'll join you in the club room with the fire roaring.

• LindaK125
    Options
    🎁 Happy birthday, Zzyyggy! 🎁 I love the snow. I think you’ve got more snow there than we’ve had in the last two years.

Francois is making sautéed scallops for me with grilled vegetables, wild rice and mushrooms, and coleslaw for dinner. Then it’s cupcakes and ice cream and iced mochas for dessert! 😋
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm chilled today. I need the sun to warm me up. I'm going to sit out on the terrace with the tropical sun shining down. For dinner I'm going to have the rotisserie chicken with potato salad, and cole slaw. Dinner rolls and a coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have a big slice of blueberry pie with vanilla ice cream, and an iced mocha. Last night's party was fun.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Ah, Zzyyggy, I ordered the same thing for dinner that you did and it was delicious. I’m ready for some blueberry pie and ice cream now. It’s so nice and warm out here on the terrace so I had Viktor bring some iced tea for me.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I need sunshine, lots of it. I'm going to have a porter house steak with baked potato, salad, and lots of butter with that potato. A coca cola with dinner please. For dessert Ill have a slice of apple pie, with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Wait, I need my sunglasses. Zzyyggy, it’s so bright here, but since you’re going to have to stop sunbathing in the pool on your pool lounger for dinner I’ll join you. I’ve already ordered my antipasto plate. I’ll order dessert later.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, I see you finally let the sun set although it’s still toasty warm at the cybercafe this evening. I ordered a cup of cafe mocha and a couple of slices of date nut bread toasted and buttered. I think I’ll sit here awhile.
  • Zzyyggy
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Hi Linda, Sorry about all the sun, but we're just not getting it here in the real world. We do have some this afternoon, and it feels good, but it's 36 degrees out there. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the Sunday Spare ribs with mashed potatoes, gravy, glazed carrots, dinner rolls, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a slice the chocolate dessert that Betty had in her email. I just saw that and it looks like a chocolate lover's dream with an iced mocha of course. Didn't get to have mine this morning the espresso machine was broken at Starbucks so no mochas. Had an iced coffee though, that was good.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, I don’t mind the sun at the cybercafe at all, although sometimes I need a blizzard or a dark, stormy night. Charlotte gets a lot more sun in the winter than you get in Vermont, especially when we have drought conditions. When we first moved here late in 2007 we didn’t have any rain or even a cloudy day for months. I found it depressing. Good thing I’ve gotten used to it.

WOW, a Starbucks without an espresso machine. Not good. Bet they were frustrated. Iced mochas all around at the cybercafe! That will be perfect with my pecan pie brownie. For dinner I ordered the same sides you ordered with my order of chicken and stuffing casserole. Let’s go sit out in the sun on he terrace and have dinner.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, We had sunshine here in the real world, but it was cold out there. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a huge bowl of french onion soup with lots of bread and butter and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a brownie topped with chocolate ice cream topped with chocolate sauce and an iced mocha. Did I mention I was in need of some chocolate therapy. I feel like I didn't get anything done today. I'll enjoy my soup in the dining room by the huge fire place. Igor has the place covered in hay bills now, and the live turkey's out front are creating a lot of noise but they are fun to watch.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hi, Zzyyggy. We had a beautiful Fall day. Our maple trees lost almost all their leaves over the weekend, right after Sweetie blew the leaves off the driveway and lawn. He was planning on working outside this afternoon, but he went grocery shopping instead. Thank goodness he doesn’t mind shopping. Hopefully p he’ll get the leaves tomorrow.

I would love a bowl of wonton soup from my sister’s favorite Chinese restaurant, but I’m not going to make the 12 hour drive just for that! Fortunately, Francois makes delicious wonton soup right here at the cybercafe. I asked Viktor to bring a pot of coffee to the table and I ordered some See’s Candies cafe latte krispys. Chocolate ice cream might taste good with that. I’m assuming your doctor recommended chocolate therapy for you because of its wonderful healing properties. 😏
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I love the fact that we can get anything we want here. I'm going to have a big bowl of cheesy broccoli potato soup with lots of bread and butter for dipping. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. I'm going to enjoy it out in the sunshine today since we didn't get any in the real world, and it's already dark outside.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, the soup was delicious and Francois makes the best bread. I’m going to order Greek yogurt with berry compote and granola for dessert.

We had a sunny day at home today. I’ve noticed that when the sun goes down it seems much darker faster at this time of year.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm in the mood for some brick oven pizza, and Francois has offered to fire up the outdoor pizza ovens. I'll have mine with the works, and chicken wings with that please and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream with chocolate sauce and an iced mocha. I'll eat out on the terrace tonight with the ocean view. I love watching the ships go by as I eat.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    I had my favorite veggie supreme brick oven pizza. Yum! Ship watching is fun even after dark, especially when you have good chocolate and a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda it was fun watching the ships last night. After dark they were all lit up, and some of them did have colorful lighting. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a big plate of lasagna with garlic bread, salad and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a slice of blueberry pie, with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. I went out to lunch today with my brothers, sister, and nephew and had a slice of apple pie for dessert which was pretty good. I'll eat in the dining room tonight by the fire. I'm a little chilled this evening.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Evening, Zzyyggy. I’m ready to sit by the fire and relax. You’re so lucky to be able to spend some time with your siblings and nephew. That got me thinking about family and apple pie. When I was a kid I spent a lot of time “over home,” at my great grandpa’s house. His daughter, my grandma, took care of him. I remember him making toys for us and we would swim in the river that was at the bottom of his property and pick apples from his orchard. He grew Granny Smith and Golden Delicious apples. Grandma would make pies and Grandpa would eat his slice of pie warm with a slice of cheddar cheese on top. I think I’ll have a piece of warm apple pie with a slice of cheddar cheese. That’ll be real nice with my coffee.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, those are great memories. my only remaining grandmother died when I was 5 years old so I don't have any memories of grandparents. The others died before I was born. I do have good family memories of aunts and uncles. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the fish n chips dinner with a coca cola and coleslaw. Lots of tarter sauce with that please. For dessert I'll have some of that apple pie with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. I'll eat in the dining room by the fireplace again. We had sunshine today in the real world so I don't need the tropical sunshine.