So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,201 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Sorry about your cough, Zzyyggy, it’s awful when it hangs on. I loved your order, so I ordered the same thing. Delicious.

We had a beautiful day at home. It was 80 degrees today and sunny. The trees in our yard are starting to turn and losing their leaves. Where we used to live most of the trees were just about done, except for one big old maple in the backyard that lost its leaves in early December. This was one of my favorite cherry trees in our front yard at our old house:

l37byuv5sobn.jpeg

The picture was taken in November. Most years the cherry trees lost their leaves before Halloween. I always loved it when the leaves stayed on longer. The cherry trees were gorgeous trees.
  • Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda, Maples are gorgeous trees, and that's a great picture. The house across the street from us has a maple in their back yard and it's gorgeous. All the trees are right now, but the leaves are falling. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a bucket of KFC original recipe with the mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, and biscuits of course. A coca cola and lots of butter for those biscuits. For dessert I'll have a slice of apple pie, and an iced mocha. I'll take it out on the terrace and enjoy the sunshine since we're not getting any in the real world.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hi, Zzyyggy. We had had really nice day today. It went up to 82 degrees! It was wonderful. Tomorrow is supposed to be rainy and 20 degrees cooler, although the rain should stop in time for the Halloweenies. We’re supposed to have a couple of days with morning lows below freezing this week. It will be nice to sit by the fire at the cybercafe when it’s cold outside.

Francois made apple crumble coffee cake and it looked so good, I couldn’t resist. I’ll have mine topped with ice cream and caramel sauce. Ah, here’s Viktor now with my coffee.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, We had a nice day out, but it was cold out there at 39 degrees. We did have a lot of sunshine though. Tonight I'm in the mood for some french onion soup with lots of bread and cheese on top, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some brownies and an iced mocha. I'll take it in the dining room with the big acquarium. I like watching the fish swim around, and I did get some sunshine today.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Wow, Zzyyggy, that’s cold! It was colder in Charlotte, too. I was enjoying the warm 80 degree weather, but now the temperatures are in the 50’s. We were supposed to get rain and it sure looked like it would rain, but it didn’t. We got 34 Halloweenies. I can’t believe how many of our neighbors didn’t turn on their lights tonight. Probably only a third (out of 112 homes) of the neighborhood gave out candy this year. In our town trick or treating is between 6:00 pm and 8:00 pm. Tonight we had eight very lucky kids right at 8:00 pm. They got all the candy we had left.

Viktor will bring us more mochas. My plan is to read my book and eat Halloween candy.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, that sounds like a great plan. I'll join you, we're still getting those refilling buckets. Igor is switching over to Thanksgiving decorations now, and the Halloween ones are gradually coming down. The Sea monster is back in the ocean by the cliffs, and the dragons are back on the mountains. His zombie buddies have gone home he said as well as all the other weird stuff we had around here the last few days. That giant spider is gone as well thank goodness. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a huge bowl of beef stew, it's awfully cold around here in the real world today we had snow, with lots of crusty bread and butter for dipping and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. I'll enjoy it out on the terrace with the tropical temps.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    It’s cold today and tomorrow morning we’re supposed to have our first frost. It was a good day for stew or soup and Francois makes the best crusty bread. I ordered a cup of hot chocolate and cranberry chocolate chip cookies. Once I finish my cookies I’m heading for bed. It’s getting late. Besides, it was exhausting watching Igor send everyone on their way and switch out all the decorations. I can’t say I’m going to miss the spider(shudder).
  • LindaK125
    Options
    It’s Thursday morning and it’s cold outside. When I woke up at 4:30 this morning it was 28 degrees an at 8:30 it’s still 28 degrees. The sun is just coming up over this side of our hill so it should start warming up soon. I figured I’d head to the cybercafe and sit by the fireplace in the dining room. Jorge brought in a load of firewood and Igor has a nice fire burning. Viktor had my coffee ready for me as soon as I walked in. Francois is making my vegetable omelet to go with his delicious pastries. I love the baskets of mini pastries that come with breakfast.

I haven’t decided whether to spend the day basking in the tropical sunshine by the cyberpool or enjoying the crisp cool autumn weather on the terrace.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, aaahh no more scary spiders or bats flying around. Now it's just turkeys, haybills, and pumpkins. I'm ready for a bowl of hot chili with lots of cheese, and bread. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. I think I'll enjoy it on the tropical heated terrace. I could do with some heat now.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, come sit in the gazebo on the terrace. Besides having a mini kitchen with your ice cream freezer, it has a wood stove for when it’s cold and comfy recliners and a hidden tv for when we absolutely can’t miss those Christmas movies or the Thanksgiving Day parade. Plus, the wood fired brick oven is right outside those french doors.

Here’s Viktor with my dessert order, mm, pumpkin pie and coffee.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, yes it is nice in here. I love the nice warm fire burning. I think I'll hang out in here since we're having a cold snap in the real world. We are getting sunshine though finally. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a big bowl of seafood chowder with lots of bread and butter for dipping. For dessert I'll have some klondike bars and an iced mocha. Winter is here early in the real world.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Um, Zzyyggy, are you sure it’s a cold snap and not just the beginning of late autumn weather that will turn into colder winter weather? I mean, winter is coming soon. Sweetie and I went out Wednesday when the temperature was in the 40’s. I’m definitely not ready for colder weather. I figured my sweatshirt would be fine. Of course, we left the house around noon when the sun was shining, but it got really cold in the evening. I’m going to have to search through some boxes to find my fleece jackets.

Ah, it’s so nice and warm in the gazebo on the terrace right now. I think I’ll order a chocolate espresso sundae for dessert. Coffee ice cream with chocolate syrup, coffee ice cream, brownie bits, hot fudge sauce, more coffee ice cream, whipped cream, and chocolate covered espresso beans sounds so much better than decaf coffee with nutmeg, doesn’t it? I read that nutmeg can help you sleep so I thought I’d try it. It seems to be working.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, no when it's 30 degrees in November it's a cold snap. It warmed up to 50 degrees today. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a porter house steak with baked potato and french onion soup instead of a salad. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Eek! Zzyyggy, 30 degrees is cold! We’re normally in the mid 60’s for November. this week the forecast says mid to high 70’s. Nice and warm. Sweetie made chicken soup for dinner. It was delicious. Now it’s time for dessert! We’ll be out on the terrace. It’s a little chilly, but the guys have the fire pits burning.

Viktor, Sweetie wants a bowl of rice pudding topped with Jack Daniel’s hard sauce and a cafe mocha. I’d like a chocolate Heath Bar Blizzard. I’ll probably need a nice hot cup of cafe mocha after that so I can warm up my hands.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Cookies, I came in for cookies. I’ll have to check the bakery case. I’m hoping for some everything monster cookies: chocolate chips, coconut, cranberries, oatmeal, and raisins, and maybe, if I’m lucky, M&M’s. Oh, yes! Those things are huge. I’m going to take my cookies and coffee out on the terrace. Nice, Viktor’s got it. I love the service at the cybercafe.
  • Zzyyggy
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Hi Linda, cookies do sound good, but first I'll have some real food. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the Sunday roast beef dinner with mashed potatoes, gravy, carrots, dinner rolls with lots of butter and a coca cola with that. For dessert I'll have some monster peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, with m&ms and an iced mocha. Had the real thing today at Starbucks. It's almost 5:00 now and already getting dark out. I hate the time change. I'll have dinner in the dining room with the huge acquarium. I love watching the fishes swimming while I eat. Linda I want your 70 degrees.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, dinner sounds delicious. I’m going to make an open faced sandwich with the roast beef and dinner rolls topped with gravy. I’ll have the mashed potatoes and carrots on the side. 😋 Then I can have another cookie and coffee for dessert.

This time of year I get about an hour more sunlight than you do in the evenings, Zzyyggy. Perhaps that’s why I don’t mind the time change as much? I do think I don’t get as much done at night in the winter. Once the sun goes down I’m ready to start winding down for the day.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, for dinner tonight I'm going to have the diner fried chicken platter with mashed potatoes, gravy and peas, and a dinner roll with butter. A coca cola with all that. For dessert I'll have some brownies and an iced mocha. I'll take it in the dining room again, and enjoy the fire place. Is there anymore of those never ending buckets of Halloween candy? Oh yeah thanks Viktor.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hi, Zzyyggy. I ordered the diner meatloaf special with mashed potatoes, gravy, and mixed vegetables. Of course, the dinners come with a bread basket and your choice of dessert. I really wanted pie. I’ve decided on apple crumb pie. Oh, and I don’t want to forget the coffee. Doesn’t Halloween candy become Thanksgiving candy? Well, maybe not the stuff with the zombies and ghosts on it—don’t tell Igor that.

We had a really nice day today. It went up to 75 degrees today, but it was 40 degrees this morning and by 6:30 pm it was close to 50 degrees. It’ll be a little warmer for the next two days before we drop down into the 50’s and then bounce back into the 60’s. Our typical fall weather except we’re now in a moderate drought. We need rain. I wonder what the weather on Thanksgiving will be.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm starving tonight. For dinner I think I'll have the diner meatloaf platter tonight with mashed potatoes, gravy and peas. A coca cola with that and the never ending basket of dinner rolls and butter. For dessert I'll have a slice of apple crumb pie with vanilla ice cream and iced mocha. I'll take it down by the pool after a swim.