So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Viktor, I’ll have my favorite omelette for dinner, please. I’d like a Belgium waffle topped with apple pie preserves, caramel swirl ice cream, chocolate fudge sauce, and whipped cream. Would you please bring a pot of coffee with cream and sugar, as well?

Hi, Zzyyggy. Sometimes it’s so nice to sit in the Club Room. It’s the perfect place to get away from the noise and chaos of the bar and diner or the busy dining room and enjoy a quiet evening. If we do go to the theater I’d like to see the movies from the Horatio Hornblower series A&E did from 1998 to 2003. The series was fantastic. We all loved it. My dad taped some of them and my sisters and I would trade the VCR tapes back and forth. There were eight movies in all.
  • Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda, nice movies last night. Tonight I'm going to enjoy the view from the terrace again. The ocean view with the sunset. For dinner tonight I'm going to have pizza from the outside ovens with chicken wings and a coca cola. For dessert I think I'll have some klondike bars and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Pizza sounds good, Zzyyggy, my favorite is the veggie supreme with extra cheese. It gets a bit breezy and chilly on the oceanfront terrace in the evening so I’m thinking caramel apple bread pudding served hot and cafe mochas would warm things up for me.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda. I'm not feeling well so going to call it a night. I'll have some chicken noodle soup with bread and butter and a coca cola . For dessert I'll have some klondike bars and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, hope you’re feeling better in the morning. Chicken noodle soup will definitely help. Sweetie and I are going to have chicken noodle soup for dinner in the real world. The stock is made, I still have to cut up and cook some vegetables to add to the soup. I’m going to have dessert at the cybercafe. Francois made pumpkin pie. 😋

Sweet dreams, Zzyyggy.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, Still not feeling well, but I'm starving. Dinner tonight will be fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, and green beans with butter, and dinner rolls and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a slice of pumpkin pie with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. Had the real thing this morning. Went shopping at Market32 this morning and they have a Starbucks in the store so I picked one up while waiting for my ride. Had to go shopping. I was out of coffee and other stuff. I'll have dinner out on the terrace.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Glad you were able to get your shopping done even though you’re not feeling well, Zzyyggy. Did you know Wednesday, October 4th is National Cinnamon Roll Day? I’m going to celebrate a day early and order a cinnamon roll with my coffee this evening. Maybe Francois will make some pumpkin cinnamon rolls with cream cheese icing tomorrow. Yum, something to dream about.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, National Cinnamon bun day I'm there. I'll have some of those, with an iced mocha. For dinner I'll have a big plate of spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some apple pie with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. I'll have it out by the pool and do some swimming before dinner.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hi, Zzyyggy. I ordered nachos for dinner. They were so good. Did you see the apple crumb pie in the bakery case? I’m having that with ice cream and caramel sauce for dessert. Here’s Viktor with my coffee, too. Mm, delicious.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, feeling a little better today. Did some grocery shopping, I had to pick up the stuff I forgot on Tuesday. Also sat out on the porch for a bit this afternoon. That sun felt so good as well as the breeze. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the brick oven pizza with the works, chicken wings, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a slice of that apple crumb pie with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. Had the real thing this morning at Starbucks at the grocery store. I'll enjoy it out on the terrace tonight.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, glad you’re feeling a little better today. It’s nice that you were able to sit on the porch and enjoy the warm weather. Sweetie was out trimming some trees and putting fertilizer on the lawn this afternoon. The pollen count is high and even though he doesn’t have allergies, the pollen irritates his sinuses. He came inside sounding like he had a cold. I don’t spend much time outdoors at this time of year because of my allergies. I’ve been trying to stay inside and get enough sleep so I don’t get sick. This morning at 4:30 a cricket started chirping in our bedroom. Sweetie didn’t even wake up. I couldn’t find the cricket, but there was no way I could go back to sleep. I’ll have to go to bed early tonight.

The brick oven pizza we had earlier was delicious. Now I’m ready for dessert. I ordered the apple crumb pie again with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce. I think I’ll have an iced coffee with that.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, we had a high pollen count here today. Fall also came back. I'm starving tonight. I'm going to have the fried scallops, french fries, coleslaw and a coca cola for dinner with lots of tarter sauce for the scallops. For dessert I'll have a slice of angel food cake with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. I'll take it out on the terrace tonight in the sunshine since we didn't get any today in the real world nor will we tomorrow it looks like.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Viktor, I’d like a pitcher of iced coffee and a bowl of chili mac for dinner, please. I saw that Francois made pumpkin pecan caramels and I’m definitely going to order some for dessert. Some of the caramels are covered with chocolate so I need to have some of both. I wouldn’t want to miss out.

Zzyyggy, the sunshine should help you feel better. We’re having plenty of sunshine at home in the Charlotte area. In fact, it hasn’t rained in almost a month here except for a few sprinkles this morning—a whole 0.01 inches. I’m selfishly hoping for rain on Halloween so we don’t have too many treat or treaters. I don’t mind giving away candy, it’s the fact that I have very little will power. The less temptation there is, the better the chances are that I don’t indulge in sweet treats.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, Feeling a little better today, but the weather isn't helping. We're getting lots of rain out there again. It's been coming down hard for a bit. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a porterhouse steak with baked potato, salad, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have chocolate chip cookies, and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Viktor, I’ll have moussaka with a greek salad and warm, crusty bread and butter, and iced tea to drink, please. I saw some chocolate baklava in the bakery case that I want for dessert. I’ll have coffee and dessert later when Zzyyggy and I are sitting out on the terrace enjoying the sunset.

Zzyyggy, fortunately the sun sets later at the cybercafe so you have plenty of time to get some sunshine in. It’s nice and warm out here on the terrace and the trees in the mountains look beautiful this time of year. I hope the rain you’re having today brings down the pollen count, if that’s what’s causing you to feel sick.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, here for dinner. I'm going to have the fried chicken platter with mashed potatoes, green beans, and lots of gravy. Dinner rolls with that and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some apple pie with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. I'll enjoy it on the terrace in the sunshine, and tropical weather. We're into Fall now.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hi, Zzyyggy. Sweetie and I are having crunchy chili and cheese quesadillas tonight. I can’t wait, except I have to wait until Sweetie finishes mowing the lawn. I hope he doesn’t take too much longer. Mm, those green beans look good. Maybe Viktor will bring me a side dish of green beans. Francois made apple upside down cake which I ordered for later. I asked Viktor to drizzle it with caramel sauce and add some whipped cream. Hopefully, there’ll be extra whipped cream for my coffee.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, theres always extra whipped cream for coffee here at the cyber cafe. I'm starving tonight. I'm going to have the roast beef grinder with the works, and lots of mayo. A bag of chips and a coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have a giant chocolate chip cookie and an iced mocha. Had my doctor's appointment this morning and got all my shots, Covid and Flue shot, and got blood drawn. Will have to go back in a month because my blood pressure is a little on the high side and she upped the meds for that. I guess I better get back to my walking.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Viktor, I’d love an iced mocha with extra whipped cream and windmill cookies for dessert. The roast beef grinder (we call them hoagies) sounds good, so I’ll order that with lettuce, tomato, sweet pickles, and mayonnaise, please.

We need to go get our flu shots. Usually we get them at the end of September, but it slipped my mind. I need to remember to get the regular shot, I had a reaction to the shot for people over 65.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I had the typical reaction to mine, my arm ached like heck last night, all night until I took some advil. For dinner tonight I'm going to have Chicken and biscuits. Lots of butter for those biscuits and a coca cola. Fall fell fast around here in the real world and it's colder then anything around here. Everyone has broken out the Winter jackets. I'll have it out on the terrace in the sunshine. I love the balmy tropical temps.