So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda, I think I'll join you for dessert in the pool tonight. I know it was last nigh you had it. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a porter house steak with baked potato, salad, and a coca cola. For my in the pool dessert I'll have a chocolate milk shake. That will take care of the iced mocha part as well. Later Viktor saids he'll bring us out some homemade chocolate chip cookies.
  • LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Zzyyggy, this was a great idea. The cyberpool is so pretty at night. Tonight I’m having a peach milkshake for dessert. Mm, delicious.
  • LindaK125
    edited September 2023
    Options
    It’s the Sunday Brunch at the Cybercafe! I wonder if I can just have that entire tray of pastries delivered to my table. Hm, probably not a good idea. Here comes Viktor with my carafe of Peet’s Cafe Domingo. I’m going to sensible here and order an everything bagel with cream cheese and my favorite vegetable and cheese omelet. All that is probably a calorie bomb in real life. Since it’s my birthday, I’ve decided to indulge in a basket of Francois’ best pastries and cinnamon buns (can’t forget those). That’s enough food to feed an army. I can’t wait until dinner. Should we do an entire Thanksgiving dinner or the seafood buffet? I can’t decide.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I think we should do the seafood buffet tonight. I'm in the mood for clams and scallops. I'll french fries with that as well, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a slice of blueberry pie with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. We're going to have a bonfire tonight with S'mores.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Mfph. Sorry about that, I’m enjoying more of this seafood salad. Zzyyggy the s’mores are all yours tonight. Mm, maybe I’ll have a little more fries calamari. Yes, Viktor, just a little more Pinot Grigio would be perfect. What a beautiful night.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, that's alright enjoy your food. Tonight I'm going to have the prime rib dinner with baked potato and salad and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream and an iced mocha. I think I'll enjoy it again by the pool. I'll go for a swim first and then have dinner.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hi, Zzyyggy. Looks like this week is going to be hot—summer’s last big hurrah before Fall. Mm, pumpkin spice and baked apple goodies, I can’t wait. Literally, I can’t wait. I’m going to order Francois’ apple cake with a scoop or two of caramel swirl vanilla ice cream.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm starving. I'm going to have a bucket of that fried chicken from you know where original recipe, with mashed potatoes, gravy, corn on the cob, and those biscuits. I'll even share my bucket. I'll have a coca cola with all that please. For dessert I'll have some apple pie with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Oh, chicken, gravy, and biscuits! Thanks for sharing your dinner, Zzyyggy. Apple pie for dessert sounds wonderful. I miss living near friends with an apple orchard—homemade apple pie is the best. When our friends could manage to get enough berries or cherries before the birds and local critters ate them, we would make other yummy pies, too. They had an electric fence around the orchards, however, the bears didn’t seem to care about the fence. The bears especially loved the espaliered apple and peach trees. So annoying!
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, wow we lived next to an orchard when I was growing up as well. Actually we lived below the farm it was above us on the hills of Montpelier, and we got fresh apples every fall. They were good. For dinner tonight I'm going for a big plate of spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread and a salad, and coca cola. For dessert I'll have a hot fudge sundae, and an iced mocha. I'll have dinner out by the pool again after a quick swim.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Viktor, I’ll have my sundae now, please. That’s chocolate chip mint ice cream with hot fudge sauce and extra whipped cream so I can put some in my coffee.

It’s been a lovely evening out here by the cyberpool. It’s so cool at the Cybercafe and terribly hot and humid at home. Tomorrow and then on through the weekend we’re going to have thunderstorms. By Friday things will start cooling down. Let’s hope Hurricane Lee stays away from the coast.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I think I'll hang out by the pool again tonight. It's been really hot and humid here as well. This afternoon we've been having thunderstorms. I am starving. For dinner tonight I'm going to have pizza. The boys have set up the pizza ovens by the pool so we can have pizza out in the nice cool pool deck. I'm going to have mine with the works, chicken wings and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hey, Zzyyggy. I would have been in earlier except my mom called, so Viktor made sure I got some pizza. Time for dessert! I’m going to have butter pecan ice cream topped with pecan pralines and caramel sauce. I think that should be sweet enough. Just thinking about this could make your teeth hurt. Ah, sweet dreams tonight.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm going to have grilled sword fish tonight with a dill lemon sauce, a baked potato, and fresh peas with lots of butter of course. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have a slice of blueberry pie with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. I'll have it out on the terrace with the mountain view. I like thinking that I might hike up that mountain one day. As long as it stays in the thinking process.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    The swordfish was delicious. Francois outdid himself, as usual. He also made my favorite cumin carrots. I love the citrus in that recipe. I’m ready for some blueberry pie with blueberry swirl ice cream and fudge sauce.

I don’t know, Zzyyggy, that’s a real big mountain. We’ve hiked around the cybercafe, but we haven’t gone that far. You’d have to camp overnight. Francois would have to deliver dinner by drone.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Viktor, I’ll have the Shawarma Chicken Plate. Yes, with the grilled vegetables and the Middle Eastern rice. Let’s start with hummus and fresh baked pitas and a pitcher of iced tea. Baklava with extra honey and lemon for dessert would be great.

Zzyyggy, if you posted, I’m not seeing it. Maybe you fell asleep in your room here at the cybercafe! Tomorrow morning is the Sunday Brunch and Viktor promises it’s going to be delicious.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I guess I missed yestarday wow. It was a rest day and I slept on and off all day but I usually come on when dinner is cooking in the real world. Oh well I'm back. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the prime rib platter with baked potato, salad and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some klondike bars and an iced mocha. These weeks with the holidays confuse me to no end. I'll eat by the pool tonight after a quick swim.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    I’m finally emerging from the depths of bookshelves in the library here at the cybercafe where I’ve been browsing through the stacks. After a huge breakfast at Sunday Brunch I spent the day in the Library at the Cybercafe. It’s good to see you, Zzyyggy. Yes, the Monday holidays somehow disturb my sense of time and today felt like Monday.

Viktor, I’ll have a slice of apple pecan pie and an iced coffee, please. After that huge ham and cheese omelet this morning, dessert sounds good.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I didn't know we had a library, but then that doesn't surprise me. I'll have to and check it out. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a big plate of macaroni and cheese with lots of bread and butter for dipping a salad and a coca cola please. For dessert I'll have some apple crisp with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. I'll have dinner out on the lanai in the sunshine sense we didn't get any today and it's been a little cold out here in the real world.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, I love the big roomy chairs by the fireplace in the cybercafe library. In college we had a library with a fireplace and big club chairs nearby, as well as chairs tucked in corners or under staircases leading to the stacks up above. There were also big thick wooden library tables with sturdy ladder back chairs in the main room. Then some geniuses decided to gut the building and built a concrete block horror of a library with cheap tables and plastic chairs in a big open room without any bookshelves. You had to request books. No more fireplace or club chairs. It was so depressing.

Anyway, I finished my macaroni and cheese hours ago and apple crisp with ice cream sounds amazing. I think I’ll stay out here by the pool. I’m afraid if I go somewhere too quiet I’ll fall asleep and it’s a little too early for that.