So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    CAKE! Dinner first? I suppose some of Francois’ beef stew would be good, but just a little. I need to leave room for cake and coffee.
  • Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm going to have just the fried scallops tonight with a baked potato, coleslaw and a coca cola. Lots of butter and tarter sauce for the scallops and baked potato. For dessert I'm going to have some chocolate cupcakes and an iced mocha. I'll have it out on the terrace.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Oh, Zzyyggy, hi. You caught me napping out here on the terrace. Viktor should be right out with our dinners. I already ordered the Chicken Santorini platter and was waiting for you. I figured I’d get a nap in. I have to start going to bed earlier again. I have good intentions and manage to get to bed on time and then little by little it gets later and later even though I seem to wake up at the same time in the morning, regardless. Fortunately, I can blame it all on Sweetie (whether it’s his fault or not). 😧 Mostly I need more sleep, otherwise I get terribly grouchy.

Tomorrow we’re going to the neighborhood end of summer picnic. Hopefully, the rain from Tropical Storm Ophelia will be gone by 6 pm. The high is 68 degrees tomorrow. I won’t complain about that! Usually, the picnic is held in the middle of August and it’s so hot and humid it feels like we’re melting.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda I hope you don't get the rain either and have a good day for the pic nic. For dinner I'm going to have a porter house steak with bake potato and salad, and a coca cola. For dessert I'm going to have apple crisp, with vanilla ice cream, and an iced mocha. I think I'll enjoy it by the pool after a swim. Welcome to Fall. Igor is starting to decorate it for his favorite holiday. The hay bills are being set up, then the scare crows.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Viktor, I’ll have what Zzyyggy’s having, please. I figured I should eat before I go to the picnic. I’ll wait until after the picnic to enjoy my apple crisp.

Hi, Zzyyggy. Yeah, it’s finally Fall! I noticed the pumpkins on the front porch of the cybercafe. We apparently had a bumper crop of pumpkins and gourds this year.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    I’m back for dessert. They had ice cream for dessert and I wanted my ice cream with apple crisp so I decided to wait until I got to the cybercafe for dessert. We had a nice time at the picnic. Fortunately, the rain cleared and the high winds settled down and the weather was fine by picnic time.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, it's fall here in the real world as well. I'm not sure whether to be cold or hot. Tonight for dinner I'm going to have a big ole bacon cheeseburger with fries and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some brownies and an iced mocha. I'll take it out on the terrace.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hey, Zzyyggy. Brownies and iced mochas! Yum! It’s so nice out here on the terrace, I may stay out here for a couple more hours. The jack-o’-lanterns Igor set out look great! 🎃 They really light up the place.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, pretty soon Igor will have floating jack-o-lanterns in the pool. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a ham, mashed potatoes, carrots and dinner rolls with lots of gravy and butter. I can only have ham once a year on Easter because of the salt content so I'll have it in the cyber cafe. For dessert I'll have a huge slice of angel food cake with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. I'll enjoy that out on the terrace since we didn't get a whole lot of sunshine today here in the real world. It's starting to darken up around here, and looking a whole lot like Winter.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Igor put up the cute little pumpkin lights around the gazebo on the terrace today. Viktor has gotten into the spirit, as well, every table in the dining room and the cafe diner has a pumpkin bowl with Halloween candy in it. I didn’t realize candy corn came in little bags with 5 or 6 pieces. I’m hoping Francois makes some pumpkin caramels soon, they’re delicious.

Sorry you didn’t get much sun today, Zzyyggy. At least it was sunny at the cybercafe! I can’t eat ham either, Zzyyggy. A ham, cheese, and tomato sandwich with mayonnaise would definitely be my order. Angel food cake with strawberries and whipped cream used to be a favorite of mine. It’s a great dessert to serve to company because it takes so little time to put together and most everyone enjoys it. Ah, here’s Viktor with my angel food cake now. The strawberries look delicious and Viktor made sure to add a some chocolate syrup on the side, although he refused to sprinkle the whipped cream with mini M&M’s. Of course, I have my bucket full of little M&M snack bags. I suppose I could have some later.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, For dinner tonight I'm going to have chicken fingers with coleslaw and french fries. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. I'll eat on the terrace with all the scary mummies walking around. At least they don't bother the customers too much. Igor is going to invite some of his zombie friends to join the party as well.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Betty made maple walnut white chocolate chip cookies today! Oh, yes please, Viktor, I’ll have them with coffee. Hey, Zzyyggy, at least the mummies and zombies are on the terrace and not in the pool.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, Well the mummies and zombies aren't in the pool yet. Igor has promised that they will be well behaved though. As long as they don't scare the animals. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the fried chicken dinner with mashed potatoes, gravy, corn on the cob, and dinner rolls with a coca cola. Lots of butter for the corn and dinner rolls. For dessert I'll have some of those maple walnu white chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. Those looked good.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, you mean “scare the animals or lose body parts,” don’t you? Perhaps at the cybercafe the zombies and mummies are better preserved. Eww, not a conversation to have at dinner time. Speaking of which, it’s chilly out here today, not our normal 80 degrees for this time of year, so for dinner tonight I’m ordering soup. Viktor’s bringing me a bowl of beef barley soup with a bread basket filed with bread and rolls. Here he is bringing me my very own coffee carafe. Cookies for dessert sound perfect.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I meant scare the cyber farm animals we have. I'm in the mood for soup as well. I'm going to have french onion soup with the bread basket, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some brownies and an iced mocha. I'll eat out on the terrace again tonight, and watch the fire flies.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, I did understand the bit about scaring the animals at the cybercafe. It’s just that I was thinking about what would happen if the zombies and mummies went swimming in the pool. In some books I read zombies and mummies stay intact and in others they lose bits and pieces of themselves. I will admit I’ve never seen Igor lose any body parts.

It’s another chilly evening and onion soup sounds delicious. It was so nice of Viktor to double your order. It’s going to e an early evening for me. I’m it difficult to stay awake.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Wow, I must really have been tired last night. I’m cringing at all the typos. Anyway, am I in time for second breakfast? It’s a bit early for elevenses, isn’t it? Here’s Viktor with my coffee and a basket of pastries now, what perfect timing. After I’m finished I’ll be heading out—it’s another day, another load of laundry for me.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, okay I got it. Typos what typos. I got the gist of what you meant. Good thing there are delete, and back space buttons. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a big bowl of seafood chowder with lots of bread and butter for dipping and a coca coal with all that. For dessert I'll have some brownies and an iced mocha. I think I'll sit out by the pool with dinner and see if the zombies and mummies really do loose parts in water, hopefully they do after I eat.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Sweetie made the best chicken soup ever for dinner. I think I’ll have some for breakfast tomorrow, too. I was going to sit by the pool and have dessert, however, since you mentioned zombies and mummies swimming and body parts, I’m rethinking my choice. I’ll just go relax in the Club Room, read my book, and enjoy coffee and chocolate chip cookie brownies. Yes, they are real. Betty’s recipe has chocolate icing, but I want vanilla buttercream icing.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, sorry about the pool. They aren't there tonight. Yes I saw the chocolate chip cookie brownies yestarday as well. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the prime rib dinner with baked potato, salad and coca cola. For dessert I'll have a couple of those brownies with an iced mocha. I'll join you in the club room tonight. Maybe we can catch a movie later on in the theater.