So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda, sounds like you had a good library for a bit. Both Burlington, and Essex libraries are like that, but Burlington didn't have the fire place. Essex did, gas fire in the Winter, but it was cozy to sit next to. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the diner fried chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, dinner rolls with lots of butter, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a slice of apple pie with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. I'll eat out on the terrace and watch the sunset. Our sun is setting earlier and earlier these days and getting up later and later.
  • LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Viktor, Zzyyggy’s order sounds so good, but I’d like meatloaf with the sides and dessert, caramel sauce on the ice cream and iced tea to drink. I’m starving. I didn’t feel like eating at dinner time, but now I’m hungry. I don’t usually eat after 6:30–7:00 pm because it makes me feel sick. Hmm.

I’m farther west than you Zzyyggy, so the sunrises around 7 am and sets at around 7:30 pm right now—we’re a half an hour later than you are. When we moved here16 years ago it took awhile for me to get used to the dark mornings and because we’re farther south the summer days are shorter. It messed with my internal clock.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, another day of rain and clouds. I'm going to have your dinner from last night. The diner meat loaf platter with mashed potatos, gravy, carrots, lots of dinner rolls and butter, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some brownies, and an iced mocha. I think the rain is going to stick around through the fall.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hi, Zzyyggy. I love carrots. I’ve noticed that in the fall I change my eating pattern. Granted there’s the seasonal availability in fruits and vegetables. Fall used to inspire me to eat more carbs and heavier foods that include gravies and cream sauces served with lots of bread, of course. Now I’m not eating bread and I’m not craving the gravies and cream sauces as much. However, I love the fall vegetables like carrots, kale, and winter squashes and I can’t wait to pull out my big iron skillet and make my favorite balsamic oven roasted vegetables recipe. In fact, I’ll have some now at the cybercafe. Bet that would be good with meatloaf, although I generally serve it with chicken. Those brownies sure look good, Zzyyggy. I’ll order mine with icing—Francois knows exactly how I like them. Here’s Viktor with our iced mochas now.

You sure have gotten a whole lot of rain this summer, Zzyyggy. I’m hoping Hurricane Lee doesn’t hit New England or Canada, but it sure is looking ominous. The hurricane season is only half through and with the current weather patterns and the warm ocean water it could be very active late season.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, yeah my tastes in fall also change. I like the heartier meals, and like to try new recipes. I love my crockpot during this time of year although it isn't quite fall yet, 7 more days. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a big bowl of beef stew with lots of dinner rolls and butter. A coca cola as well. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. I'll eat out on the terrace again.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hi, Zzyyggy. Sweetie and I went to a doctors appointment and stopped at our favorite Middle Eastern restaurant this afternoon. It was delicious and I ate too much! I asked Viktor to bring me an iced tea. I might have some mini biscotti and some coffee later—much later. I’m planning on sitting here on the terrace enjoying my food comma and the view. It’s wonderful watching the fall colors start to pop.

We don’t have the same spectacular fall colors that Vermont has. The trees do change color and it’s beautiful, however, they don’t all change at once. Sometimes it seems to change one tree at a time and starts in late August and is finally done by the middle of December or January. There are a lot of dead leaves on the ground and on my deck from the storm we had last Monday. We had very high winds and 4 inches of rain that brought down tree limbs and leaves and caused flooding. The creek in my backyard flooded and at one point the rain was so heavy the creek went up over the culvert and across the road, which means at flood stage it had to be at least 5 feet high. It scoured the ground in the hedgerow next to the creek.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, we're already getting some fall colors. Fall and spring are my favorite seasons here, not to hot and not to cold, and everything is changing. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the fried seafood platter with shrimp, scallops and clams. French fries and coleslaw with that and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream with an iced mocha. I'll have it out on the terrace tonight, and enjoy another gorgeous sunset.
  • LindaK125
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Viktor, I’ll have what she’s having for dinner, please. Dessert is going to be pumpkin pie with vanilla ice cream and coffee. Sweetie picked up groceries at Costco for our daughter-in-law today and she asked for a pumpkin pie if they had them. I know Francois makes delicious pumpkin pie so I decided to wait until I got to the cybercafe to have pie.

What a lovely sunset, Zzyyggy. I love fall and spring, as well. In fact, our winter is mostly late fall and spring in the Charlotte area, although we occasionally have actual winter weather with snow, ice, and temperatures below freezing. One year we had 9 inches of snow that hung around for three days because the temperature was 19 degrees during the day. It set records. We had flurries but no real snow last year, although we did have freezing rain. Freezing rain is horrible, especially since they only salt the main highways. Normally, you don’t have to wait long before the temperature warms up and all the ice and snow disappears, usually by mid morning.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm here this Saturday. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the fire roasted pizza with the works, and chicken wings with a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some brownies and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hi, Zzyyggy. Mm, my deluxe vegetable pizza is delicious. There’s even extra cheese on it, too. It’s really nice out here on the terrace tonight. There’s a lovely gentle breeze. I’m going to wait for awhile before I have dessert. I went ahead and ordered my coffee and pumpkin swirl brownies. Viktor promised to bring them out around sunset.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm going to have the Sunday chicken dinner with carrots, potatoes, and stuffing. Lots of gravy and dinner rolls. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'm going to have a slice of apple pie with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. I'll have that out on the terrace. We're starting to get the cooler weather around here.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, that apple pie a la mode looks delicious, I’m going to order that, too. Here’s Viktor with my iced coffee now. I’ve been drinking iced coffee at home—without sugar. It’s a nice treat.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Good Monday morning! Today is National Red Velvet Day. Who knew? (All that tasty goodness with an unbelievable amount of red food coloring, but let’s be honest here, red velvet cake would be horribly anemic looking without the red dye.) Francois has made the cutest red velvet whoopie pies (trust me, it’s a thing around here and wonderfully delicious).

I’m quite sure red velvet whoopie pies pair well with cheese and vegetable omelets and my favorite Peet’s Cafe Domingo. And here is my favorite waiter, Viktor, delivering my breakfast now. Such impeccable service.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, who thinks up these days? For dinner tonight I'm going to have French Onion soup with lots of bread and butter for dipping. We had a taste of what's coming today. It's cold. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some of that red velvet cake with chocolate ice cream and an iced mocha. I'll have it out on the terrace in nice warm tropical sunshine.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Mm, another piece of red velvet cake, please, Viktor. The iced mocha is perfect with this. Ah.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, For dinner tonight I'm going to have a big plate of macaroni and cheese with bread and butter for mopping up all that cheese sauce, and a salad, and coca cola. For dessert I'll have chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream and an iced mocha. I'll eat out on the terrace tonight since I haven't seen the sun in the real world for a couple of days.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Tonight I’m ordering nacho macaroni and cheese served with broken tortilla chips on the top. Today Francois made Mom’s pecan cake with brown sugar icing. I’ll have that for dessert with some vanilla ice cream and coffee.

We’re having beautiful weather at home in the Charlotte area. Sunny with puffy little clouds and temperatures in the mid to high 70’s. The low dew point with the humidity around 50% is really comfortable.This time of year always leaves me wondering whether the hurricane season will bring more tropical air into our area. Of course, we are at the height of ragweed season and the pollen count is extremely high this week so I’ll have to spend my time outside at the cybercafe.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, today I'm going to have some lasagna with garlic bread and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a slice of devil's food cake with chocolate ice cream and an iced mocha. Did I say I needed a chocolate fix. That should do it. I'll have it out on the terrace tonight.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, glad you’re still out here on the terrace. I was in the man cave playing ping pong with Igor. For a zombie he can move pretty fast. Either that or I’m a terrible ping pong player, which is true. I was checking out Betty’s email today with all those chocolate cake recipes and, yes, I ordered the sampler platter filled with little bite-sized mini cakes. I couldn’t resist. I’ll gladly share because I know Viktor will bring enough for both for us and coffees, as well.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, wow a cake platter I like it. First though dinner. I'm going to have the BLT grinder with no tomato though, chips and a coca cola. For dessert that cake platter and an iced mocha. It was so good last night I'll have it again tonight.