So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Zzyyggy! What a nice afternoon to spend in the pool. The best thing about having dinner on the patio by the pool is I get to wear my beautiful beach coverup. It looks dressy even though it’s not and my sun hat has a band around it that matches. Here’s Viktor with our orders. Mine is the chicken fajitas. I don’t know of you saw Betty’s s’mores brownies a couple of days ago, but that’s what I ordered for dessert with some vanilla ice cream and fudge sauce on the side.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Good morning! It’s a beautiful morning here at the Cybercafe. I’m sitting out here on the porch overlooking the orchards and gardens. Viktor has already delivered a basket of the cutest bite-sized pastries with a pot of my favorite Peet’s Cafe Domingo. I love the mini pastries. Mm, delicious. I’ll sit here for a bit and then go for a swim in the cyberpool or even spend the entire day in the pool.
  • Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda, here for the early bird special. I'm going to have the fried chicken special with mashed potatoes, gravy, peas, and dinner rolls. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have a slice of blueberry pie with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hey Zzyyggy. Sweetie’s making biscuits with chicken and gravy for dinner tonight. I’m adding steamed broccoli. It’s really nice of Francois to let us use the kitchen at the cybercafe. Francois made an ice cream double chocolate grasshopper pie for me for dessert. I can’t wait. So glad to be sitting out on the terrace here instead of at home. We’re waiting on a thunderstorm. Charlotte’s getting the rain now, but I can hear the thunder and the storm’s heading this way.

I finally got a new pair of eyeglasses yesterday. My prescription changed so much that the first pair I ordered were too heavy and the trifocal lines were too high so they ordered a different pair for me. So after six weeks of waiting I finally got my glasses and I can see again. I didn’t realize how bad my vision was. I hate my new glasses though, every time I look in the mirror I’m startled. Hopefully, I’ll get used to them.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, wow what a great dinner, and I guess Francois could use a day off. I'll have a coca cola with mine. I'm going to have the Klondike bars for dessert tonight instead of the grasshopper pie with an iced mocha. We got rain today as well. I'll join you on the terrace.
  • LindaK125
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Viktor, I’ll have the chicken shawarma, grilled vegetables, and Middle Eastern rice for dinner. Let’s start with tabouli and hummus and fresh pitas, please. I’d love iced tea. I’ll take that out on the terrace gazebo. There’s a gentle breeze blowing and it’s the perfect temperature to sit outside for dinner.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm going to have the roast beef grinder with the works, chips and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a giant chocolate chip cookie with an iced mocha. I'll join you in the gazebo. Later there will be a bonfire, and s'mores of course.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hi Zzyyggy. I’m going to make my s’mores with chocolate chip cookies instead of graham crackers. That is, if I make it that late. I’m really tired tonight.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Viktor, after I’m done with my nap, I’d like a piece of pizza and a Dr. Pepper, please. Extra cheese and lots of veggies on the pizza.

Hi, Zzyyggy. I had a tooth pulled out on Wednesday and my jaw is sore. I have to wait until December before they put the implant in and then another three months before the crown goes on. I’m tired because I can’t seem to sleep more than a couple hours at a time. Sweetie has been cooking for me, making sure nothing is difficult to chew. Right now though, he’s making a very late lunch for himself. He’s cooking home fries and eggs. He’s also roasting chicken with sun dried tomatoes and onions for dinner. Yesterday he made delicious chicken soup with tortellini. I’m terribly spoiled, aren’t I?
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, Can I hire him? For dinner tonight I'm going to have grilled salmon with lots of butter and a baked potato. Corn on the cob with that. For dessert I'll have a brownie with chocolate ice cream and chocolate sauce, and an iced mocha. I'm in need of a chocoate fix. I'm sorry to hear about your tooth. I hope you feel better. I'll have dinner out here on the terrace.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Oh, chocolate sounds good. I’ll have chocolate fudge sauce with a brownie and chocolate ice cream. And whipped cream. And a small cup of strong coffee. Thanks for your well wishes, Zzyyggy, between that and the chocolate, I’ll be better in no time.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda. I must have sun, and heat. It's cold out there. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a big bowl of beef stew with lots of bread and butter and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a hot fudge sundae, and an iced mocha. I think we're getting a little taste of Winter in the real world.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Gee, Zzyyggy, you've had a wet, cool summer. I wish we were having a taste of Winter here in Charlotte. I came in to order a hot fudge sundae with coffee ice cream. Then I plan on lying back in my recliner and taking a nap. If my nap lasts until morning I’m okay with that.
  • Zzyyggy
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm ready for Sunday Dinner. I think I'll have turkey tonight with stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, peas, and dinner rolls. Lots of butter and gravy with all that. A coca cola of course with all that. For dessert I'll have a slice of apple pie and vanilla ice cream, and an iced mocha. Yes Thanksgiving in August. I'll eat out on the terrace. Let's have a bonfire with s'mores later tonight.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, I’m definitely joining you for Thanksgiving in August dinner! I’ll have coleslaw and roasted root vegetables with all of that, too. I don’t know about s’mores, but I’ll certainly be there with a cup of cafe mocha.

It’s nice out here on the terrace tonight. At home it getting too hot. I’m ready for Fall weather and we still have another two months to go before things cool down significantly.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, Tonight I'm going to have a big plate of macaroni and cheese with bread and butter. A salad and a coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies, and an iced mocha. I think I'll enjoy it out on the terrace.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    The macaroni and cheese was wonderful, as always. Now it’s time for a bedtime snack. I’m thinking some vanilla ice cream with Dewey’s Triple Ginger Cookies. They are delicious. I sent my mom some for her birthday. She likes to bring cookies to bridge to share with the other players. She’s going to be 94 years old. Now that North Carolina has changed her real birthday date, she can claim she’s younger (by two days) or she can celebrate twice. I think she should celebrate twice. See that’s the problem with a birthday at the end of the month—you don’t have as long to celebrate. My birthday is at the beginning of September and I have almost the entire month to celebrate. Okay, I know that’s not true, but I refuse to accept that I only have one day. Besides, at the Cybercafe I could have a birthday every day if I wanted to, but then it wouldn’t be special. It’s much more special to just have a birthday month.

Sorry for the silliness, I’m incredibly exhausted. I should probably go to bed now.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, Birthday's are meant to be celebrated all month. Mine isn't until gloomy November, but maybe we can start celebrating it now, and continue with celebrating yours. For dinner tonight I'm going to have spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread, and butter, and a salad. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream from Ben and Jerry's and an iced mocha. I think I'll have dinner on the Ocean side of the lanai. I miss seeing our friendly sea monster spouting water.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy it’s only a week away from my mom’s birthday. Let’s start the celebration. Since we’re sitting oceanside tonight, I think we should have a whale of a cake. Literally. Francois made a cake shaped like a whale. Isn’t it cute? He’s working on a sea monster cake, but that’s much more complicated.

I’ll have cake, but Sweetie wants bread pudding with hard sauce. Mom’s favorite cake used to be cheesecake, although I’m not sure what her favorite is now. My favorite cake changes depending on the occasion and the season.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, Happy Birthday to your mom. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the Fried Chicken platter with mashed potatoes, peas, and dinner rolls. A coca cola with all that. For dessert I'm going to have a slice of blueberry pie and vanilla ice cream with an iced mocha. I wonder if Francois is still working on the Sea Monster Cake. He won't let anyone into the kitchen to see it yet until he's done. Even Francois has to stay by the doors to get the food from him. I think I'll have dinner out on the terrace by the ocean side tonight.