So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda, thank you for sharing, the cookies were yummy. Tonight I'm going to have some barbecued chicken with corn on the cob, potatoes cooked on the grill. Lots of butter on everything, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some ice cream sandwiches and iced mocha. I loved sitting out on the terrace with the view of the ocean. The breeze is so nice.
  • LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Hi, Zzyyggy. Your dinner order looked so good that I ordered the chicken, too. My ice cream sandwiches are chocolate chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches. I like the coffee ice cream and the caramel swirl is pretty good.

The ocean side terrace is so peaceful tonight and just look at all those stars. I could stay out here all night, but I’m pretty tired and I’d rather sleep in my own bed tonight.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda. Tonight I'm going to have the french onion soup with lots of bread and butter. A coca cola with that. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies, and an iced mocha. The weather in the real world was a soup or stew kind of day so I'm having chicken stew. I think I'll eat out on the mountain side of the terrace and watch the eagles fly. We may even see some dragons. You never know in the cyber cafe.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, I’ll confess it’s cold in my house with the air set on 75 degrees. It’s 94 degrees outside and it’s so humid it feels like a sauna. I really should set the temperature higher because I’m always cold, however, when it’s this hot the air conditioner does a better job dehumidifying the air at 75 degrees. If I set the temperature at 78 degrees it gets more humid. We had a beautiful looking day earlier. The sky was bright blue and clear and the trees were blowing in the wind, gorgeous until you stepped outside. We have a severe thunderstorm warning now, although the storms are supposed stay just to the north and west of us. It’s gotten more windy and cloudy. There is a tornado risk with this storm front well to the north of us in the mountains and northward.

I’ll join you for dinner. 🐉 (does that look like a dragon?) I ordered baked ravioli with salad and garlic bread and a glass of Pinot Noir. Francois made cannoli for dessert. His cannoli are just like the ones I remember from Bozza’s Pastry Shop. Delicious. Viktor promised to make a cappuccino for me.
  • Zzyyggy
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Hi Linda, when it's hot and humid I also keep the ac on high. This one works a whole lot better then the last one, but hasn't gotten a good work out this summer. For dinner tonight I'm going to have chineese food. Francois and Viktor have set up a buffet of all the Americanized Chineese food, and regular chineese food. I'm going to start with the terriaki chicken wings, dumplings, and pork fried rice then work my way through to the broccoli and beef over noodles. For dessert I'll have some ice cream sandwiches, fortune cookies and an iced mocha. Hmmmm mine saids I'll soon meet a dark stranger. And yes I think that was a dragon.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hi, Zzyyggy. Chinese buffet! I’ll take a little bit of each of these: mu shu chicken, sesame chicken, and Mongolian beef. The Asian Market serves everything with white rice and steamed broccoli. I’d like an egg roll, too. My fortune cookie says “Good fortune will be yours.”
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, for dinner tonight I'm going to have some chicken nuggets with french fries, and a salad. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some brownie with a an iced mocha. I think I'll take all that out on the terrace again.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hi Zzyyggy, I’m glad you’re still out here on the terrace. I think I’ll order brownies and an iced mocha for dessert, too. Sweetie and I had a big salad with lots of fresh veggies and roasted chicken tonight. Well, no, I had roasted chicken, Sweetie had sardines. Apparently, he’s been craving sardines, as we now have at least a dozen tins of sardines in the pantry. I’m not sure how much sodium is in the sardines he bought, because it’s not listed on the tin, but it’s got to be pretty high and I have to watch how much sodium I have. I’ve been craving zucchini lately. It’s a good thing it’s zucchini season.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda. You can google the nutrition information on sardines and find out. That's how I've been keeping track. You would be amazed at what you can google. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a roast beef grinder with the works, chips, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have one of those huge m&m cookies and an iced mocha. I think I'll enjoy it out on the terrace where it's humid free with a nice breeze blowing. We're having another humid day around here.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    M&M’s and cookies, two of my favorite things together. Viktor, we’ll have more cookies, please! And coffee. I would love a coffee.

Zzyyggy, we had a thunderstorm this morning and with almost an inch of rain it really pumped up the humidity. The afternoon looked deceivingly lovely though. It’s been a little cooler with temperatures in the mid 80’s, unfortunately we’re back up in the 90’s tomorrow. I’m ready for mid-October weather right now. Winter would be nice for a couple of days. I know your weather has been cooler and then it gets hot again and you’ve gotten lots of rain this summer. I wouldn’t mind the hot weather if I knew we’d have some cooler days a couple of times a week. That doesn’t happen around here. Ah well, there’s always the Cybercafe.
  • Zzyyggy
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Hi Linda, Coming in a little late tonight. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the seafood chowder with lots of bread and butter for dipping, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies, and an iced mocha. I'll take it on the terrace with the ocean breeze again.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, I think the ocean breeze and the sound of the waves will put me right to sleep. I had some of that delicious chowder earlier and I’m enjoying the chocolate chip cookies. It’s a good thing Viktor made sure to leave a nice fuzzy blanket on my recliner. I’ll just recline my chair a little and rest my eyes for awhile.
  • Sofiapilla
    Sofiapilla Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Iced shaken espresso with salted caramel cold foam and no peppers or onions
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Sofiapilla wrote: »

What about vodka and some coffee liqueur’??
  • Sofiapilla
    Sofiapilla Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    Sofiapilla wrote: »

What about vodka and some coffee liqueur’??

I mean.. if you insist
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi everyone, Cowsfan, Sofiapilla welcome to the cybercafe. Good orders. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a porter house steak with baked potatoes, and a salad with a coca cola, and lots of dinner rolls. For dessert I'll have some klondike bars and an iced mocha. I'm starving tonight. I'll take it out on the terrace pool side and go for a swim first, and then dinner.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Viktor, I’ll have biscuits with chicken and gravy. And coffee. Just set that pot of coffee right here on the table.

Hii, Zzyyggy, it’s nice out here on the terrace tonight. It’s the perfect weather with just the right amount of humidity, not at all steamy like it is right now at home. It’s the kind of day where you stay inside. You have snow on days in the winter in Vermont. We have days in the summer in the South when it’s so hot and humid you stay inside. Huh, we need a name for that.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, Sun days maybe? Our weather here in the real world couldn't be more perfect if it tried. We did have a thunderstorm earlier, but I was inside. Temp is a perfect 78 degrees with no humidity. For dinner tonight I'm going to have roasted chicken with stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy and green beans. Dinner rolls, and butter with that as well as a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some apple pie, and an iced mocha. Vanilla ice cream with that apple pie please. I'll take it out on the terrace again with the mountain view. I want to see that dragon again.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, Sunday dinner was delicious. I love roasted chicken and stuffing and mashed potatoes and gravy and green beans! Ah, here’s Viktor with dessert. I waited to have pie and ice cream. I know it’s late, but this pie is so good. Maybe I’ll have sweet dreams tonight. I had a nightmare last night and couldn’t get back to sleep. I think I’m going to have another scoop of ice cream, just to make sure.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm starving tonight. I'm going to have a big juicy bacon cheeseburger with lots of fries and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some ice cream sandwitches, and an iced mocha. I think I'll have dinner by the pool tonight and go for a swim before dinner.