So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Zzyyggy, chicken and biscuits sounds good. Sweetie likes his with lots of gravy, I prefer mine with lots of butter and just a little bit of gravy. Betty had her pecan pie bars today, I’ve made them before. Delicious. Iced coffee and pecan bars for dessert would be great.

The sun sets at 6:54 tonight in the Charlotte area. It gets dark in my house almost two hours earlier because the trees are shading the house. Fortunately for us, the sun shines until later at the cybercafe. It really is lovely out here on the terrace.
  • Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda, the sun has been setting around 7:00 pm here. We haven't gone to daylight savings time yet. The clouds though make it seem like it's dark out all day. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a big plate of spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some of those pecan bars with an iced mocha tonight. Since we haven't gotten any sun around here for a couple of days I'll have to enjoy the cyber sun out on the terrace tonight, and watch the sunset.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hi, Zzyyggy. We had a cloudy day today, too. I had a strange day today. I changed the sheets and did some laundry and housework, but I feel like I got nothing done. Sweetie’s been making a horrible mess in the kitchen replacing the over the range microwave. What an awful job. He had to drill more holes through the tile behind the stove because the new microwave can’t screw into the massive holes the builder made when installing the old microwave. Tomorrow I get to wash the dust off everything. Plus the new microwave is still sitting on the counter. Hopefully, our grandson will be able to help put the microwave on the wall. A 6” tall 15 year old will be more helpful than I would be.

I need to spend some time relaxing in my recliner in the cybercafe’s Club Room. A cup of coffee and a pecan bar or two would be wonderful. Viktor promised to bring them right away. I’ll probably manage to stay awake until then. Gee, it’s almost 11:30.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I know how that feels sometimes. You work your but off and then turn around and it looks like nothing got done. For some reason I keep thinking today is Tuesday. I don't know why. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a big bowl of french onion soup with lots of cheesy bread on top and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some brownies and an iced mocha. I think I'll have it in the dining room with the huge acquarium. I love watching the fish swimming around.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    I’ll join you Zzyyggy. Viktor should be here shortly with my macaroni and cheese. If the macaroni and cheese has lots of vegetables in it, then is it macaroni and cheese primavera? We could have s’mores brownies—that’s brownies with a graham cracker crust and toasted marshmallow topping drizzled with chocolate sauce and iced mochas, of course.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm starving tonight. I'm going to have the fried seafood dinner; clams, oysters, scallops with french fries coleslaw, dinner rolls and lots of tarter sauce, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies, and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hi Zzyyggy. It’s lovely out here on the ocean side terrace this evening. It’s been a cloudy afternoon at home and now we’re waiting for rain. so it’s nice to sit and enjoy the sunshine at the Cybercafe. Viktor should be out any minute to deliver my dinner. I ordered the deluxe nachos for dinner and fresh fruit salad for dessert and more iced tea.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm starving. I"m going to have a porter house steak tonight grilled on the barbecue with a baked potato, and salad. Lots of butter with that baked potato, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some of the chocolate cupcakes Francois has made with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. I'll eat out on the terrace tonight.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    I’ll join you for dessert and coffee, Zzyyggy. I love the little baskets of Halloween candy on the tables. And look, I can decorate my cupcakes with M&M’s. I need a separate bowl for my ice cream so I can add fudge sauce and whipped cream.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, Oh yes and the little bowls of candy refill themselves if they get to empty. Oh oh Igor is adding some more spider webs and scarecrows in the corners. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the Sunday Fried chicken with mashed potatoes, gravy, string beans, and dinner rolls with lots of butter. A coca cola with all that. For dessert I'll have a slice of apple pie with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. I hope that's not a real giant black spider sitting in the corner. I might have a problem with that. I think I'll take dinner out on the terrace tonight in the tropics.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    I like your order, Zzyyggy. Winner, winner, chicken dinner! Delicious. I’m ready for apple pie with ice cream and coffee for dessert. It’s nice out here on the terrace tonight. Besides, those spiderwebs in the dining room look real and I don’t want to mention the S P I D E R, he might hear us and decide to come visit. Should we be concerned about the bats circling overhead?
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I think both the b a t s and s p i d e r s are pretty tame, at least I hope they are. I'll share my endless pot of hershey's with them. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the roast beef grinder with the works cheddar cheese, and bacon on that. A bag of chips and a coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have the giant chocolate chip m&m cookie with an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hi Zzyyggy. It was cold today in the Charlotte area with the temperature barely getting to 60 degrees. Definitely a macaroni and cheese kind of day. I’m ready for dessert. I think I’ll have coffee with cream and sugar and chili garlic tortilla chips topped with melted cheddar cheese. Granted there’s no chocolate there, but I’ve been snacking on the chocolate treats from those cute little baskets of candy on all the tables. Well, not all the baskets, just the one on my table.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, yes those little bucket of chocolates are good to munch from. Mine has hershey kisses in them tonight. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the meat loaf platter with mashed potatoes, peas, dinner rolls, and lots of gravy and butter. A coca cola with all that please. For dessert I'll have some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, and an iced mocha. Just keep filling up my little bucket of kisses.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Oh, meatloaf, I love meatloaf. I was going to order a big bowl of minestrone and crusty bread, but I think I’ll order a cup of minestrone and a meatloaf sandwich. Yum. I need a cup of soup to help warm me up. It’s been cold at home. The temperature has been in the low 40’s at night and mid 60’s during the day. The afternoons have been cloudy so the house doesn’t get nice and toasty. I’ll have to get used to the cooler temperatures in the house because I’m too cheap to turn the heat up to 72 or 74.

Viktor told me they’re lighting the fire pits on the terrace tonight and they’ve got the brick oven good and hot. Fresh scones right out of the oven with a carafe of hot coffee for me.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, the pizza ovens stayed lit until tonight. I'm going to have a pizza with the works, chicken wings, french fries, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some brownies and an iced mocha. I'll enjoy it out on the terrace with all the little ghosties, and ghouls floating around. Igor's added some more pumpkins, and jack-o-lanterns around the grounds as well. I wonder if there are any left for other people.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, we have a friend who built a brick oven and he really does heat the oven overnight and through the next day, especially in the winter. He’ll add more wood to the coals every couple of hours and in the morning he cleans out the oven and bakes biscuits and scones. As the oven cools down he makes bread. By afternoon he starts heating it back up for pizza in the evening. Of course, he only does this when he has a bunch of people to feed, usually during holidays.

I’ll definitely have pizza for dinner. The vegetable supreme pizza with extra cheese is my favorite and here’s Viktor with our drinks. Our local grocery store was advertising cantaloupe today and now I’m craving that. I’m going to order a fresh fruit salad with cantaloupe, grapes, cherries, and apple for dessert, as well as an espresso with a twist of lemon.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    The sun doesn’t rise until 7:30 and it’s 42 degrees outside on the terrace, so I’m sitting on the enclosed porch watching the ghosts shimmering through the trees. I asked Igor how he got them to do that, but he just shook his head and started a fire in the fireplace for me. Viktor brought me coffee and he promised me apple crumb coffee cake as soon as it’s ready. Gee, it’s cold out here, it’s a good thing my recliner has a heated seat and back.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    I made beef stew for dinner and Sweetie wants biscuits, too. He loves biscuits and gravy. Fortunately, dessert will be served at the cybercafe. I want a big piece of peach custard pie with butter pecan ice cream. I’ll be in later.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda you've been busy. Beef stew and biscuits sound good. I'll have that with a coca cola and lots of butter for the biscuits. I'll take it out on the terrace. Wouldn't a brick oven in the real world be nice.