So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    When I was little I thought that everyone had only one grandma and one grandpa, but there were lots of aunts and uncles. As we start preparing for the holidays those cherished memories of past holidays come to mind.

Francois made a big pot of chili with lots of vegetables. I had that for dinner with tortilla chips—the thin and crispy kind with chili seasoning. (Oh, I would love some of those chips.) I’ll join you by the fire, Zzyyggy. Viktor will be here in a minute with my dessert. I ordered coffee and a piece of pumpkin roll.
  • Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm going to have some of that chili tonight. That sounds good with corn bread and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some brownies and an iced mocha. I almost went to bed without coming in here tonight. Saturday's are my off days. I'm going to have the chili in the dining room by the fire.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Mm, more cornbread, please, Viktor. Cornbread with fried apples for dessert and a cafe mocha with a sprinkle of nutmeg and cinnamon. I’ll join you by the fire, Zzyyggy.

Ah, it feels good to put my feet up. I had a busy day doing laundry and cleaning up the clutter. It’s time to get the house ready for Thanksgiving. I ordered a tablecloth from Vermont Country Store. It’s 100% cotton. They warn you it will shrink and even tell you to stretch it flat and line dry. I specifically ordered it because it would shrink. I figured it would be perfect if it shrank four to six inches. I took it out of the dryer and threw it on the table. It was a wrinkled mess, but I thought the wrinkles would fall out a bit. No, still wrinkled, however, the tablecloth was just the right size. I decided to iron it because it was too wrinkled. At 108 inches long and 60 inches wide it’s a beast to iron, but I managed. I put it back on the table and that’s when I realized it didn’t shrink. They promised it would shrink. Okay, they didn’t actually promise, but it was implied. Bet no one’s ever complained because something didn’t shrink. 😄
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, when you want something to do something it's not suppose to do it won't do it. That should be a law. I'm coming in late tonight. Lost track of time. For dinner tonight I'm going to have macaroni and cheese with lots of bread and butter and a coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have a couple of devil's food cupcakes and an iced mocha. Didn't go shopping today so I didn't get my mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hi, Zzyyggy. It would have been crazy busy at the store today. We need to go shopping for some last minute things. I hope it’s not too crowded because I’d like to go, too. I haven’t gone shopping in a long time, probably since before the Covid lockdowns. I have terrible anxiety in the car, but I’ll do okay in the store if it’s not too busy. Part of me just wants to stay home, but I won’t know unless I try. I can always wait until next week if I lose my nerve.

I’m going to relax by the fire and have Viktor bring me some coffee and a brownie iced with vanilla buttercream.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    So, I talked to Sweetie and he says I should wait until next week to go shopping. It will still be busy, but not too crazy. Probably a good idea. I’ve been cleaning all day and I’m ready to call it quits for the day. I realized how much better I feel this year. Last year I was so sick I couldn’t help clean or cook, Sweetie did it all. It’s encouraging to know that I can get better.

I saw Betty’s email today and her desserts looked delicious. After I have my macaroni and cheese I’m going to order some. First I’m going to zone out in my recliner by the fire and play solitaire. That’s the one nice thing about the cybercafe, you can always find what you’re looking for, plus have a cat or dog to snuggle with. Of course, Useless always tries to drink my coffee or tea. I think he’s after the cream.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, it's probably a good thing to wait until next week. I walked down to Hannafords in the early afternoon and it was a zoo down there. Fortunately I was only there for a couple of things. I really didn't want to go, but I needed milk and butter. It's a good thing it's within walking distance, and I can get two things done at once. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the meatloaf platter with mashed potatoes, gravy, and peas with a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. I'll eat out on the terrace tonight and enjoy the tropical breezes.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    I’m going to have baklava for dessert and an espresso.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, it looks like we were in at the same time. I'm going to have the barbecued chicken with potato salad, coleslaw and a coca cola. For dessert I'm going to have a big slice of angel food cake with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. Alright the real turkies in the dining room have to go, I mean really. Igor they need to be outside. I do like the corn stalks though and the hay bills.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    I was so excited about dessert that I had to get my order in early, Zzyyggy. I did order dinner. I had the Chicken Santorini platter. Delicious. I missed seeing the turkeys inside. They are very sociable critters, best suited to the barnyard though. I think I’ll escape to the Club Room where there’s a fire burning and someone at the piano softly playing Christmas carols. And Viktor has my dessert waiting for me, too.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I thought that's what happened. The night before Thanksgiving. I'm going to have a big platter of spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread and a tossed salad. with a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a brownie with chocolate ice cream, chocolate sauce, and an iced mocha. I'm starving. I'm going to have dinner by the pool tonight and go for a swim. first. I didn't go swimming today, but did do quite a bit of walking. Tomorrow I'll walk too, because the Y is closed on Thanksgiving.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hi, Zzyyggy. Sweetie bought a rotisserie chicken yesterday, so we had chicken for dinner tonight. I’m not sure I’m ready for tomorrow. I did a bunch of stuff today. I can’t remember what all I did, but I figure I may never be able to find the things I put somewhere so there wouldn’t be any clutter when company was here. It’s a mystery.

Another mystery—why is it something breaks or stops working when company is coming? This time the laundry room light fixture decided to stop working. I mean permanently, as in, the automatic ballast in the light fixture broke. Whatever that is. Apparently the light has had this problem before and Sweetie fixed it, but this morning he decided he should replace the light. Eventually he’ll replace it. Right now there’s a trouble light hanging in my laundry room. I’m hoping eventually means sometime this weekend. At least it’s not the junction box in the septic tank collapsing when you have quests staying overnight. That was almost 25 years ago and it still makes me cringe when I think about it. Certainly, we won’t be hanging out in the laundry room for Thanksgiving, but Sweetie spent enough time this morning taking the light apart and making a mess.

Ah, here’s Viktor with my piece of pumpkin pie and coffee. Yum.😋 The kids are bringing dessert tomorrow. I’m hoping it’ll be pumpkin pie.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Goodmorning Linda, Coming in earlier because I might forget tonight. In the Cyber world I'm going to hang out by the pool all day and float around on the chairs. I'm going to have brunch now eggs over medium, bacon, hashbrowns, toast and an iced mocha. Just keep the mochas coming all day Viktor, and some of those cinnamon buns. Dinner will be later this afternoon. Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, string bean cassarole, squash, and all the other fixings. A coca cola with all that. Alright Igor how did you get those Turkeys to swim?
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Wow, what a crazy day at the cybercafe! Thank goodness the guys have a super sanitizer filtering and cleaning system on the pool. It works really great when the pool has been jelloed or has had turkeys take a dip. I had a lovely nap out on the terrace this afternoon and then I went up to my room here at The Cybercafe Inn and changed for dinner. And what a delicious dinner that was! I think I’ve digest my meal enough that I might have room for a tiny piece of pumpkin pie.

Hope you had a happy Thanksgiving, Zzyyggy. We all did.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I had a great dinner both here and in the real world. Glad your dinner was a success as well. I went to my niece's house and the day couldn't have been more perfect for a drive. It was even on the mild side with temps close to 50 I know thats cold to you. For dinner tonight I'm going to go kiddie style and have fish sticks with tarter sauce, and tater tots with a coca cola. I'll have cole slaw with that as well. For dessert I'll have a slice of apple pie with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. I'll eat it out on the terrace tonight and enjoy the sunset.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm tired tonight for some reason. For dinner tonight I'm going to have Thanksgiving left overs with the turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, green bean cassarole, squash, and dinner rolls. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have a slice of apple pie with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. I'll have it in the dining room and enjoy the fish tanks.
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 3,144 Member
    Options
    When I was little and didn't particularly like birthday cake, I asked for and got a whole pumpkin pie all to myself for my birthday. Haven't had one in years. I'd like one now, please. With lightly whipped unsweetened cream. And a tall glass of non pasteurized, non homogenized, straight from the cow milk. You know, with the thick layer of cream sitting on top. Could we have some quiet Christmas music playing in the background. Cause eating is so much more joyous when all the senses are aroused and happy.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    I love your order @Corina1143. Pumpkin pie is a favorite of mine. The music is lovely this evening. I’m sure between Viktor and Igor there’ll be a string quartet in the dining room for the entire season. The Cybercafe’s oceanfront diner has much more modern music in the tabletop jukeboxes.

Zzyyggy, tonight’s second Thanksgiving dinner was delicious and the fish tank has been wonderfully entertaining. Thanks for letting me join you. I see you have Igor decorating for Christmas already. The starfish Santa Claus and fish elf ornaments look cute hanging on the garland around the aquarium. I’m heading to the Club Room. I’m going to have a piece of pumpkin baklava pie. TheMediterraneandish.com has the recipe. Sweetie has already decided to make this for Christmas. I’ll spend the rest of the evening in my recliner with my pie, coffee, and my book.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi ladies, Welcome to the Cyber Cafe Corianna1143 I also like your order. Well we seem to be getting plenty of sunshine right now in the real world so I don't need the cyber sun, and the dining room is just as calming and grand as any dining room, I especially like the fire place and acquariums. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the prime rib dinner with baked potato and salad. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some of that pumpkin pie with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. I didn't go to Starbucks this morning so didn't get my iced mocha.
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 3,144 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    I'm still full from all that pie. But in a party mood. So let's kick up the music and I'll have a Brandy Alexander. Can you make that with 0 calories? I'm working on that last 10. (9.5 as of this morning)