So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda, wow that was late night cooking. I would have gone to bed but the smell would have woken me up, that's why you stayed up. Tonight I'm going to have the fried scallops platter again with french fries and coleslaw. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Mm, just finishing the appetizer platter I had for dinner. It had cheeses, smoked salmon, hummus, salsa, pico de gallo, spinach artichoke dip, baguette, crackers, carrots, celery, la rouge red peppers, grapes, dates, apricots, and more. I didn’t include the crab dip in the list because somehow it ended up on my table for my exclusive use. Francois even made my favorite little cheese crackers. Of course, I had to share it with everyone in the dining room (except for the crab dip). Did you get any, Zzyyggy? There’s a little dessert table, too. Even though there’s no chocolate fountain there are chocolate covered caramels. Oh, and other stuff, too, but I’m having the caramels with my coffee.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I really need that tropical sunshine today. We've had nothing but rain, and blah all day. For dinner tonight I'm going after the porterhouse steak, baked potato, and salad, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some brownies, and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Nice sunshine today, Zzyyggy. I’ve noticed all these advertisements for Valentine’s Day presents and recipes so I thought I start celebrating the holiday, too. Since it’s been so sunny here at the cybercafe I’m wearing my lovely pink heart shaped sunglasses and my pink glittery sandals. Maybe Igor can find some umbrellas for the tables with hearts on them. Pink tablecloths and white umbrellas with pink hearts would look nice. Too tacky? But Igor does tacky so well that it’s beautiful.

Oh, yum, the shrimp tacos are delicious. 😋. Here’s Viktor with my iced tea. I’ve decided on the double chocolate coconut cookies for dessert.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, aaah what the heck we'll do cheesy. Valentines decorations all around with the red and white checkered table cloths. Even the pool has red and white checkered theme. I still need sunshine, and tropical warmth. We have winter here in full bloom. For inner tonight I'm going to have a big bowl of french onion soup with lots of bread and butter for dipping, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. I'll take it out on the terrace.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Gee Zzyyggy, Igor went all out on the Valentine’s Day! I did notice the formal dining room is very tastefully done with white damask tablecloths and red and gold accents. Viktor says there’ll be red and pink roses placed on the tables, too. However, the everyday dining room and the diner and pub have had an explosion of, um, not as elegant decorations, like the two 2-foot tall cupids flying over fireplace mantel. Francois has been mumbling about making giant jello molds. Do you know something about that? Personally, I’m not a fan of jello—something that should not even be considered food.

Ah, food. I’m starving. I ordered a couple of slices of pizza and a pitcher of iced tea. Francois made butterscotch pecan brownies. I’ll have some with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce. 😋
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, yeah I think I nixxed the jellow molds. I told him to do a red and white cake, or bundt cake. Jello is not my favorite thing either. I need something hearty for dinner tonight it's down right cold around here. I'm going to have a big bowl of beef stew with lots of dinner rolls and butter for dipping, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some klondike bars and an iced mocha. I'll eat it in the dining room by a roaring fire. Maybe later we can toast marsh mellows in it. Hey how about red and white klondike bars? The dining room does look good though.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, would you please pass the dinner rolls? This stew is delicious. I’ve been cold all day, even though the temperature was mostly in the mid to upper 50’s today. The stew will definitely warm me up and sitting by the fire sounds wonderful. I think I’ll order a cup of cafe mocha for dessert. Francois always adds some biscotti for me.

I like Klondike Bars, especially the Heath ones or the mint chocolate chip. Are you thinking strawberry covered in white chocolate?
  • Zzyyggy
    edited January 16
    Options
    Hi Linda, we had snow today and I'm cold. I'm going for the meatloaf platter with mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, and dinner rolls. A coca cola and lots of butter please. For dessert I'll have a slice of devils food cake with chocolate frosting, and chocolate frosting, and an iced mocha. I'll settle in again by the fireplace. It's pretty watching it snow out there.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, we’re going to be about 3 degrees warmer than you overnight tonight and during the day we’ll be about 20 degrees warmer. Brr. I’m ready to sit in front of the fire. I’ll have my hot chocolate with a piece of that cake topped with whipped cream, right after I finish my tiny cheese and crackers plate.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, That is cold for down there. For dinner tonight I am craving Mcdonalds, but I am also starving. I'm going to have the double quarter pounder with cheese, fries, and a coca cola. I'm also going to have those chicken mcnuggets, the 9 pack with barbecue sauce. For dessert I'm going to have their applie pies and an iced mocha. I'll have it in the dining room by the fire again.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Gosh, Zzyyggy, I haven’t gone to McDonald’s in ages. Probably not since our grandson was 9 and that was almost 7 years ago. I used to always get their grilled southwest chicken salad. I wonder if they still sell that. I’m here for dessert. It’s been really cold, but I’m going to order a Dairy Queen Heath Bar Blizzard. Not on my list of things to actually eat, but at least I can splurge at the cybercafe.

Ah, it’s so nice to sit by the fire in my bunny slippers. Maybe I’ll get some reading done, unless I fall asleep first. I’ve been working on conquering my insomnia, going to bed earlier and doing all the things the experts say will work. It’s been getting better. By 8:00 pm I’m so tired!
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, it's probably been that long since I've been to McDonald's for lunch. I use to go there quite a bit for breakfast but haven't been in awhile. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a big plate of spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread and a salad. For dessert I'll have some brownies, and an iced mocha. I'll have it in the dining room by the fire. I wish we had a fireplace here where I live, but my rent probably would be higher.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hi, Zzyyggy. I came in for dessert. I’ve got my coffee already because Viktor is the most amazing waiter. I ordered a bowl of macaroni and cheese. I know it’s not my standard dessert, but I have a craving. I think I’ll stick to enjoying the fireplace at the cybercafe—having a fireplace is a lot of work.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, it's cold around here in the real world. I'm going to have a big bowl of french onion soup for dinner with lots of bread and butter and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies, and an iced mocha. I'll have it in the dining room by the fire again, and watch all our tropical fish swim around in their huge tanks.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hi, Zzyyggy. We’re having cold weather in the Charlotte area, too. The high tomorrow is going to be 36 degrees. By Thursday the high will be 72 degrees. The normal temperature for this week would be in the low to mid 40’s—at least that’s what the weatherman says. I’ve found the temperature around here swings up and down constantly.

Viktor, I’ll have a cheeseburger with french fries and coleslaw and a Dr. Pepper. And for dessert I’d like a brownie sundae with chocolate ice cream topped with fudge sauce, chopped pecans, and mini M&M’s, please. It’s great that our recliners have tray tables because I can sit by the fire and enjoy my dinner while watching Useless, the cat, watch the tropical fish in the aquarium tanks. Don’t worry, Zzyyggy, I don’t think Useless will go after the fish, he just enjoys watching them.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, Yeah, the kitty cat is watching wide eyed. I'm hungry tonight. I'm going to have a porter house steak, baked potato, and salad and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a slice of apple pie with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. I'll stay in the dining room and watch the cat watching the fish, or just watch the fish.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hi, Zzyyggy. I enjoyed the salad with topped with sliced steak and blue cheese Francois made for me this evening. Here’s Viktor with our pie and coffees. It’s another good night to sit by the fire here at the cybercafe. I see Igor put up a cat tree that’s far enough away from the fish to keep Useless and Sochi out of trouble, but close enough for them to watch the fish.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, Another cold day here in the real world. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the Sunday special roast beef with mashed potatoes, carrots, gravy, and dinner rolls. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some blueberry pie with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. I had the real thing this morning at Starbucks, but I had it hot with whipped cream. That was good.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Ah, Zzyyggy, Sunday dinner was delicious! Francois outdid himself. I even took a very nice after dinner nap. That blueberry pie sure looks good. I think I’ll have a piece of that for dessert with my coffee. Cafe mocha is a favorite of mine. I bet that was really good. I could add some of my grandson’s chocolate Quik to my coffee, although I don’t have whipped cream. It’s not the same as Starbucks, is it?