So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm tired for some reason today. I can't seem to get myself going. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the diner fried chicken with homemade mashed potatoes, gravy and green beans. Lot's of dinner rolls with that, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some brownies and an iced mocha. I'll eat it outside on the terrace. Haven't been out there for awhile. Rumor has it we'll have bonfires and s'mores later on.
  • LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    It’s nice out here on the terrace, Zzyyggy. Bring on the s’mores. I’m thinking of having s’mores ice cream. I’m going to crumble my graham cracker on the bottom, and then add vanilla ice cream and warm fudge sauce and then top it with the toasted marshmallow. 😋 Maybe I’ll do a couple of those.

I’m tired tonight, too, but that’s because I didn’t get much sleep last night. It’s going to be an early night tonight.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I think when I did my feed on the main page I thought I was in here. I am starving tonight. I'm going to have the big ole diner burger with bacon and cheese, and onion rings with a root beer. For dessert I'll have a slice of Devil's food cake with chocolate ice cream and an iced mocha. I'm tired tonight. I think I'll sit out on the terrace again, and watch the stars.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Um, I actually did have a big ole diner burger with cheese today, Zzyyggy. No bacon, onion rings, or even fries, though. I figured I’d order dessert at the cybercafe. Things always taste the way you expect them to when you order here. 😉. I see you’ve let the sun set this evening, that means it’s time for Starlight Dessert. I saw a recipe for perfect key lime pie and asked Francois if he would make some pies, so he did. Mm, key lime pie and iced for dessert while I enjoy this beautiful warm evening out here on the terrace. Here’s Viktor with dessert already. What perfect timing.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I could go for a big bowl of New England Clam Chowder with lots of bread and butter. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have a slice of apple pie with Vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. I need the warm tropical sunshine again. We're in for rain tonight. Rain? in the middle of January in Vermont? What is this weather coming to.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, it’s the January thaw! Soon you’ll be back to your bitter cold weather, although it might take a couple of weeks. It looks like we’re moving into our early spring weather because with temperatures in the 60’s everything will start growing and blooming. Sweetie is going to have to mow the lawn once the rainy weather subsides at the beginning of February. Will my neighbor’s daffodils bloom early again this year?

Ah, I see the sun is still shining after 9 pm at the cybercafe tonight. There is a lovely ocean breeze out here on this side of the terrace. I ordered a cheese and freggies plate with some iced drinks. I’ll gladly share. I’m drinking my favorite iced tea with little scoops of lemon sorbet to keep it cold (and sweet). I’ve decided to sit out here on the terrace for awhile and read my book.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, yeah, soon we will be back to the cold. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the roast beef grinder with the works, a bag of chips and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a giant chocolate chip cookie, and an iced mocha. Another night on the terrace. I like watching the fire flies in the evening.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hi, Zzyyggy. Sweetie and I had an early dinner tonight. Francois made lasagna with garlic bread and there was a delicious salad, too. Sweetie ordered the Heath Bar ice cream brownie pie—the one with the brownie crust, broken Heath Bars and chocolate and vanilla ice cream (little mini scoops all over the pie), drizzled with hot fudge sauce and caramel sauce, and topped with mini Heath Bars. Sweetie suggested mini marshmallows for the top, but Francois thought that would be too much. I’m sure Viktor will bring mini marshmallows out for Sweetie anyway. I’m definitely having a piece of Sweetie’s pie for dessert. Without the marshmallows.

My sisters and I used to catch fireflies in a jar when we were kids. Mom would insist on punching holes in the lid so the flies could breathe and before we went inside for the night we had to let the fireflies go. Not sure just how much oxygen those flies would have needed, but there was an entire procedure to follow and it kept us entertained and occupied until it was time to go inside.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I remember doing that as well especially at camp. We would always let the fire flies go as well. I'm in need of some tropical sunshine, and warmth. I'm going to eat on the terrace tonight. For dinner I'll have the broiled sword fish with a lemon butter sauce, baked potato, salad and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies, and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Viktor! I’ll have what Zzyyggy’s having, please. That sounds delicious. Francois makes the most divine hush puppies and I see some in tonight’s bread basket. Oh, don’t forget coleslaw and my iced tea. Thanks Viktor, you’re wonderful.

Hi, Zzyyggy. It’s nice and warm out here. It was 74 degrees at home today and the humidity was just over 75%. It feels great. We’ll be back in the mid 50’s with dry weather in a couple more days, but first we’ll have two more days of rain. Our county just took our water restrictions away. We’ve had enough rain to take us out of drought conditions. Thank goodness.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm starving tonight. I'm going to have a porterhouse steak with baked potato, salad and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some brownies and an iced mocha. I need the patio again tonight. Still no sunshine.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hi, Zzyyggy. Sweetie bought some sweet grapefruit today. We had some for dessert and they were delicious, but not chocolate. I miss chocolate. Fortunately, Viktor is bringing dessert. I ordered chocolate ice cream with chocolate fudge sauce, topped with crumbled chocolate chocolate chip cookies and whipped cream, covered with an avalanche of chocolate curls. Possibly with M&M’s on the side. And maybe some chocolate covered espresso beans. Oh, and some chocolate covered caramels would be good, too. Hypothetically. I hope Viktor is bringing me an iced mocha.

Zzyyggy, oh. You’ve change the view of the mountains. There’s a jungle out there. And the farm, the farm is a game preserve? Are those lions? Da. . . dang, girl, this will keep me up all night. I was planning on staying at The Cybercafe Inn tonight. It’s pouring rain right now, at about two inches per hour (I just love my weather station). I hope it doesn’t last too long.

Oh, good, the rain let up a bit. Whew.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, wow thats a lot of chocolate in one dessert. I like that jungle scene. Don't worry about the lions The cyber cafe has an invisible wall around it to protect us from any creatures. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the Sunday Lasagna dinner with garlic bread, and and a salad, and a coca cola. For dessert I'm going to have my own chocolate heaven. A brownie with chocolate ice cream covered in chocolate sauce, and an iced mocha. I'll hang out on the terrace tonight with an African Savannah scene complete with zebras, giraffs, and wildebeasts, and those lions that can't attack us. I do need the sun again.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hi, Zzyyggy. The garlic bread was delicious with cheese and pepperoni on it. I’m starting to enjoy the jungle, although was kind of startling to see giraffes where we would normally be seeing goats. The sun feels nice. We had some sun at home today. We also had beautiful steel grey clouds and it was very windy. It was in the mid 50’s, but it felt a whole lot colder. The tropical heat here at the cybercafe feels wonderfully warm in comparison.

I’m ready for dessert. Francois made coffee ice cream with a fudge sauce swirl. 😋 The ice cream, caramel M&M’s, and coffee will be great.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, we still have the goats just tucked away safely in the barns for now. I love watching the elephants and wildebeasts. For dinner tonight Francois has set up the outdoor brick ovens for pizza. All you can eat. I'm going to have mine with the works and chicken wings, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. Oooh I think I can see some chimps swinging from the trees.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, I think those chimps get louder than the Cybercafe’s Pub on a Saturday night! Oh, pizza. I’m going to order the veggie supreme with extra cheese. So good!

Betty had some wonderful desserts in today’s email. If Francois made all of them I could have a bite of each one, but I’ll just have one of the desserts now, instead. I’ll start with the cinnamon mocha fudge bars with mocha whipped cream and coffee. Extra mocha whipped cream for my coffee would be greatly appreciated. I’m sure Viktor will know exactly what I want, he always does.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, darn I missed that email. Well she does have some good desserts. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a huge bowl of chili with corn bread and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a slice of apple pie, and vanilla ice cream with an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, Betty’s email I was talking about is the one titled Garlic Pork Marsala. There was a section on Dessert Recipes That Fit Every Schedule. Today I asked Francois to make chocolate chip caramel pie. That sounds good, especially with some caramel swirl ice cream and a cup of coffee. The Snickers candy bar dump cake looks really yummy, too. Maybe I’ll have that tomorrow.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I still need the tropical sunshine. I think I'm coming down to Florida for Spring break after the spring breakers lol. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the meat loaf platter with mashed potatoes, gravy, peas and dinner rolls. Lots of butter for the peas and dinner rolls, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a slice of that snickers dump cake with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. I have to sit out on the terrace today.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, the meatloaf and mashed sounds perfect for tonight. I ordered green beans and carrots with mine, would you please the rolls? Oh, there’s some onion rolls, too. 😋. I’ve been thinking about the Snickers dump cake all day. I’ll top mine with ice cream, too and the iced mocha pairs well with dessert 😉.