So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Replies

• Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 972 Member
    Hi Linda, For dinner tonight I'm going to have a bacon cheeseburger with lots of fries, and a root beer this time around. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. Gorgeous day in the real world. I was outside for quite a bit reading. Tomorrow is suppose to be even warmer.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hmmm noone here yet. Must all be out celebrating mother's day. I'll go for a swim in the pool first. For dinner tonight I'd like the roast beef dinner with mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, dinner rolls, and lots of butter. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'm going to have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. Another gorgeous day here in the real world. I spent a part of it outside in the sun. Viktor I'll have dinner up on the terrace after my swim.
  • LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Hey, Zzyyggy. We celebrated Mother’s Day yesterday. I didn’t make it to the cybercafe for dinner last night. The roast beef dinner at the cybercafe tonight was delicious. Francois made apple strudel and I ordered it with vanilla ice cream. 😋

It was cold today! The temperature never got out of the mid-50’s. Brr. In another week and a half it will be in the high 80’s and maybe even 90 degrees. I had hoped the cooler weather would last longer.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, it was 72 degrees here today, yeah. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the fried chicken platter with mashed potatoes and gravy and green beans. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some of that apple streusel you had with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. I'm pooped tonight but I think I'll have dinner out on the terrace.
  • LindaK125
    Zzyyggy, it was 72 degrees today at my house, too. Your overnight temperature is 10 degrees lower, though. I enjoyed our dinner out on the terrace at the cybercafe. I’m glad I ordered the same thing.

It’s gotten a little chilly out and Igor has a fire in the club room fireplace. I asked Viktor to bring me a cup of cafe mocha and I plan on relaxing in my recliner with my book. See you tomorrow afternoon at the cyber pool.
  • LindaK125
    Viktor, a table in the dining room, this morning, please. Oh, lovely, right in front of the french doors overlooking the pool. Perfect. I’d like a pecan cinnamon roll with my veggie omelet and coffee. Thanks Viktor.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda. Sorry I missed breakfast. For dinner tonight though I'm going to have a big ole bacon cheese burger with onion rings and a root beer. For dessert I'll have some peanut butter chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. 74 degrees here today. We're expecting the humidity to creep in this weekend. They're telling everyone to stay out of the lake because the water temp is still only 38 degrees brrrr too cold for me but by this weekend I bet some people will be in it.
  • LindaK125
    Yikes, that would be a cold swim! 🥶 Good thing you swim at the Y, Zzyyggy.

Francois made a burrito Tijuana for me for dinner. I’m having the tres leches cake and a cinnamon mocha for dessert out on the terrace. Yum.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Menu order this week:
    Lobster salad roll, sweet potato fries, peanut butter shake
    By tonight I'll be ready for some delicious hot chocolate with whipped cream.

Our days have turned warm and sunny, supposed to be mid 80 tomorrow!! But our nights are still frosty cold at 35.

Thank you to the staff at this café for keeping my food fantasies alive and for their great service and attention. :)
  • NavyCurls
    NavyCurls Posts: 50 Member
    Viktor - a Santa Maria tri-tip with loaded mashed potatoes, salad with ranch dressing, a dinner roll with butter and a Dr. Pepper for dinner, please. Then rocky road ice cream for desert.

It's been in the high 60s/low 70s here, and I'm loving it. But co-workers are ready for the heat. Not looking forward to later this week, when it's supposed to be in the 90s.

School work is driving me crazy!!!!
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi everyone, another gorgeous day outside around here today. Got in a walk this afternoon. For dinner tonight I'm going to have some Lasagna and garlic bread with a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some klondike bars and an iced mocha. Dinner on the terrace, what could be sweeter?
  • LindaK125
    Viktor, everything sounds so delicious. I’ll just have a few bites of everything except the peanut butter shake. (Peanut butter and I have a difficult relationship.) Vermont is having warmer weather than Charlotte for a couple of days! When y’all drop back into the 60’s we’ll be staying in 80’s and then the 90’s. And @NavyCurls is right, everyone around here is waiting for the heat—not me. A cool dry summer would be wonderful. That will never happen.

Zzyyggy an evening on the terrace sounds great. Viktor’s making hot chocolate with whipped cream. He promised to bring extra whipped cream for my mixed berries brownie torte. 😋 There’s plenty to share if anyone want some.
  • LindaK125
    Viktor, I noticed the new breakfast bowls on the menu this morning. I’ll have oatmeal (not sweetened) with the lentils with vegetables and chicken in them, and some purple grapes. The oatmeal makes everything creamy. Delicious. A carafe of Pete’s Cafe Domingo with cream and sugar just for me, too. Thanks, Viktor.
  • NavyCurls
    Viktor - 3 scrambled eggs, hash browns, wheat toast with butter, sausage links and a cold glass of OJ, please? For lunch, a mixed green salad with grilled chicken, corn, cucumbers, carrot slivers, peas and ranch dressing. For dinner, teriyaki chicken, white rice, and mixed steamed veggies, please? For dessert, rocky road ice cream.

Today is going to me warmer (low 80s). @LindaK125, lets find someplace colder to go to for the summers? I hear Australia is cold this time of year?
  • LindaK125
    Whoa, Zzyyggy, I can’t believe how hot you weather is today. We at 74 degrees southeast of Charlotte. Of course, by Wednesday you’ll have 64 degrees and it will be 91 degrees in Charlotte. @NavyCurls and I are moving to southern Australia or maybe even New Zealand for the summer. It’s cloudy and humid here, even if it is nice and cool.

The sun is shining at the cybercafe and I’m sitting at my favorite table in the shade on the patio by the cyber pool. Viktor has been filling my glass of iced tea and he brought my cheese and freggies platter with my favorite little cheese crackers. More than enough to share.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi everyone, Linda I think we broke a record today in the heat. Next of course comes the humidity. It's 85 degrees right now which I haven't seen in May in a long time. Austrailia sounds nice. Maybe we can move the Cyber Cafe there for awhile. For dinner tonight I would love some barbecued spareribs, with french fries and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream and an iced mocha. But first I think I'll go for a swim in the pool so no hurry on the dinner guys. I think I may have to turn on the AC tonight in the real world.
  • NavyCurls
    Dang!!!! It's 81 outside, but my work has the AC to 60-something. I need to bring in my hoodie from the car.
  • LindaK125
    Viktor, I’d love some dessert. A piece of German Chocolate Cake with vanilla buttercream icing and coffee, please. I’ll be out on the patio by the pool. Looks like Zzyyggy is just finishing up her swim.

Zzyyggy, I was checking out the weather in Adelaide, Australia and the temperatures are in the 60’s with lots of rain in the forecast. Sound familiar? The temperature in the winter ranges from the 40’s to the 60’s. Sounds a little like Charlotte, but we do have about two weeks during the winter when the temperatures might drop into the 20’s at night and the 30’s during the day.

@NavyCurls — I end up having a sweater and a sweatshirt in the car during the summer more often then not. Some businesses really crank the air conditioning up. I get so cold!
  • NavyCurls
    Viktor - a Chorizo burrito with a side of grapes and strawberries, please?

@LindaK125 I have a hoodie in the car, as well. But, since I walk 1/8 of mile from the parking structure to my building, I keep forgetting it in the car.
  • Zzyyggy
    edited May 2022
    Hi everyone, just got home from swimming and afternoon reading. Closed the windows and turned on the AC. I think we broke another record today. Right now the temperature is at 87 degrees. The AC is starting to feel good. For dinner tonight I'm going to have hotdogs and baked beans and tater tots. A coca cola with that please. Sometimes you just have to be a kid. For dessert I'll have a hot fudge sundae and an iced mocha. Linda maybe we can try New ZEaland instead of Australia.