So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Viktor, I’ll have what Zzyyggy’s having, please. Except coffee ice cream for dessert with fudge sauce and chocolate covered espresso beans. Let me just check my M&M’s bucket to see if I have some mini M&M’s for my ice cream. Yes!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    You all are making my mouth water. Not the steaks but the desserts!

I've seen pictures of Hummingbird Cake and it looks really good. Maybe I'll have a small slice of that along with a Lobster Roll and a Peanut Butter Milkshake. Might as well have a good fantasy while I'm at it. :) Oh and please add some Sweet Potato Fries with that?

Thanks!
  • Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    HI Ladies, welcome back ReneeiHJ. We do love our fantasy meals here. Tonight I'm going to have the bucket of fried chicken from KFC, mashed potatoes and gravy, those yummy biscuits and corn on the cob. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream and an iced mocha. I've had a soar throat all day, and chills. I hope it's not the dreaded Covid, but if it is it'll be the mild form. I don't have any tests, but ordered some on Friday and they'll be here by Tuesday. Both my nieces and their families have had Covid, But I could have gotten it from almost anywhere. So today I've been taking it easy.
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    @Zzyyggy Hope you feel better soon. :(
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Viktor, I’d like a lobster roll and sweet potato fries! @ReenieHJ —your order just sounds too good to pass up. 😋

Oh, no, Zzyyggy! I hope you feel better soon. I had Covid. It was a mild case for me and Sweetie, but it hung around for awhile. We were going to get our booster shots and got sick instead. Our DIL (the daughter of my heart) got her booster shot in time and she said she felt sick for about three days. Of course, she ended up playing nurse for our son and grandson.

Hopefully, you’ll recover quickly! Fortunately Zzyyggy, you have the cybercafe where you can be pampered with soft beds, warm soup, and medicinal chocolate, as needed.
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    Is medicinal chocolate covered by insurance companies? I could go broke.....
  • Zzyyggy
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Hi ladies, ReenieHJ if it isn't it should be because it does cure everything. Linda, I'm hoping this will be a mild case since I'm fully vaccinated. I've still got the sniffles and body aches, but my appetite is back so I think I'll have a bowl of chicken soup that cures everything as well, and a coca cola. Plus lots of bread and butter for dipping. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. And at least in the Cyber Cafe I can't spread my germs to anyone, because we're all at least 6 feet apart hee hee.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hmm, chicken soup, macaroni and cheese, and a hot fudge sundae with chocolate chip mint ice cream and whipped cream and maraschino cherries (let’s not forget the mini M&M’s)—it sounds like comfort food Sunday! Viktor, did you get all that? Well, of course he did. Viktor is the best waiter. Is he wearing red bowling shoes?
  • LindaK125
    Options
    I’m so glad I made it to the cybercafe! I need some medicinal chocolate—it’s nothing serious, I’m just feeling sorry for myself. I stopped in the cybercafe kitchen and grabbed a container of Truly Chocolate Ice Cream (Harris Teeter’s, yum), a pint of Francois’ fantastic fudge sauce, and a pan of brownies. Viktor should be following with some bowls and spoons, and whipped cream. I’m fairly certain I left my bucket of M&M’s by my recliner, so I should be all set.

Oh, Viktor, you read my mind. The cup of vanilla buttercream icing will be perfect on the brownies and Dr. Pepper goes perfectly with ice cream sundaes.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, that is certainly one nice medicinal chocolate order. That maybe what I need. Still not up to par but went out for a walk earlier. It was too nice a day to stay inside. For dinner tonight I'm going to have pasta primvera with lots of bread and butter, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll go with the chocolate as well. A chocolate brownie with chocolate ice cream covered in chocolate sauce and an iced mocha. If that doesn't cure me I don't know what will, and I might have some m&ms on top of all that.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    M&M’s have special curative powers (or they should). I’m sorry you’re still not feeling well. Whether it’s Covid or just a cold, it could take a couple of weeks before you feel better. There are plenty of M&M’s—all the different flavors, all in their cute little packages. I like the caramel M&M’s the best.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, please pass those m&ms. it is Covid. I took the test yestarday and it came back positive after two tries. Called the doctor this morning and they said if the symptons get worst to try for a same day telehealth appointment but to just isolate myself, take over the counter medication, rest and drink plenty of fluids. Cancelled my Tuesday morning shopping trip. The only thing I really needed was milk, but that can wait. Fortunately I haven't lost my sense of taste or smell, but I haven't had much of an appetite. Tonight I'm going to have some barbecued chicken wings, french fries, and a coca cola for dinner. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. Maybe some ice cream with those cookies please. No swimming for me this week either. I think I'll just sleep for the rest of the week.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Oh, Zzyyggy, so sorry you have Covid. The OTC medications didn’t seem to help me when I had Covid. Also, I didn’t lose my sense of smell until week 3. Hopefully, you’ll be better sooner than that.

I think I’ll have a cup of coffee and M&M’s. It’s a good night for relaxing in my recliner.
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    @Zzyyggy Feel better soon!! Dh had it worse than I did and symptoms only lasted a few days for him. Lay low and pamper yourself. OR have someone else do the pampering!
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Breakfast at the cybercafe! Zzyyggy, Francois is making you a breakfast tray with all your favorites. Viktor will bring it right up. Ah, the advantages of staying at the Cybercafe Inn! I’ll see you later—we can hang out at the cyber pool. I’m sure @ReenieHJ will join us by the pool. Meanwhile, I’m watching Francois man the breakfast grill. It’s a complicated ballet. Francois made me a veggie omelet and Igor, who is manning the bakery counter, brought me a little basket of mini pastries. It’s wonderful to be spoiled at the cybercafe.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi ladies, thanks for the well wishes. Breakfast was good. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a big plate of spaghetti and meatballs with lots of garlic bread and butter a coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. I am feeling somewhat better today but still have the cough and soar throat. The sunshine out here by the cyber pool feels so good though. We've had clouds all day in the real world, and rain.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hey, Zzyyggy. We had soup for dinner and it’s almost time for Sunset Dessert. Sweetie says he wants a big pecan cinnamon roll with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream. That sounds pretty good to me. Viktor! I’ll have mine with caramel sauce and could we have a pot of coffee, please? I’m sure Zzyyggy would like more iced mochas, too.

It will be lovely to sit and watch the sunset. I can’t see the sunset where we live because we’re tucked into the side of a hill, but our sunsets aren’t usually spectacular here. However, today’s weather was gorgeous. It’s supposed to get warmer, up in the 80’s and humid with occasional thunderstorms over the weekend. The rain has been going around us again, so we do need rain. I’ve been enjoying our mild spring weather. Usually it’s much more humid and hotter. Maybe we’ll have a mild summer? I’ll have to petition the Weather Goddess (wouldn’t that be nice).
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, coming in for dinner tonight. I'm going to have a big bowl of French onion soup with lots of bread and butter and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate ice cream and an iced mocha. I've been sleeping all day, and it looks like it'll be all night now as well.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Soup and sleep are the best thing for you, Zzyyggy. Chocolate ice cream with fudge sauce and some ginger thins, please, Viktor. Zzyyggy should have some ginger cookies, too. They’re good for your immune system. Sweet dreams.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Good morning cybercafe! I neglected to mention that the ginger cookies I had last night are Triple Ginger Cookies made by Dewey’s Bakery. Sweetie found them at Walmart, of all places. They are thin, crispy, delicious wafers. So wonderfully addictive. Worth having for dessert even after breakfast. Now that I’ve finished my home fries and eggs (I wish), I’m ready for another cup of coffee and some triple ginger cookies. Apparently, even Viktor knows how wonderful these cookies are. He seems to have a special cache of them right here at the little cafe at the cybercafe’s indoor pool. Viktor really is the best waiter, ever.