Who's going to "cheat" on Labor Day

124»

Replies

• Achaila
    Achaila Posts: 264 Member
    Just another day to me. Definitely won't be taking any cheat days. I don't really count calories (just carbs and sugar because I'm diabetic) anyways.
  • Avoid the beer and potatoe salad eat that grilled chicken, beef and corn on the cob avoid the brats and bbq sauce and you'll be fine. Art least that's my plan opps no sodas either using those calories for a margarita. Prior to all this fun do at least a hour of intense cardio

No offense intended, but your Labor day is gonna suck big time if you follow what you just said. Hmm
  • glin23
    glin23 Posts: 460 Member

I can understand some people having triggers but I think over time we all need to be able to condition ourselves mentally in the art of self control and avoid a lifestyle where the only way we find success is by depriving ourselves because it might send us into a downward spiral. We can't live feeling guilty over one day because in the big picture it's really a small factor.

This was a key I needed to learn whe nI lost most of my weigth and sadly I have forgotten this when I joined this site. One ""bad" day should not drive things over the edge and if it does, there's a bigger problem at work. Trigger or not, this is a long term journey and part it of includes challenges. Learning how to handle them is a skill that needs to be learned, too.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Well, I'm not doing anything special, so it'll probably be a good day, eating-wise. Plus, since it's a day off, I'll probably get lots of exercise in since I have the time. :D
  • Maris_Swan
    Maris_Swan Posts: 197 Member
    I wish! I'm getting married on the 7th, so yeah....i'm basically on a lockdown until then. Egads!
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    I'm not planning to, but, inevitably, it'll happen.