I'm such a failure

Options
124»

Replies

• dwalt15110
    dwalt15110 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    You ate about 120 calories of chocolae. Whoop de doo!
  • Cyclingbonnie
    Cyclingbonnie Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    You need to control yourself at night, you can't indulge in that type of food right before bed or at any point and expect to loose weight!! You shouldn't eat after 7pm in the first place.

I ate the chocolate around 9pm, maybe if I eat it right before 7pm I won't gain?

It is always cumulative ... it does not matter when you eat ... it does not matter if you eat once a day or 15 times a day ... it is the calories over a period of time. Cleanses although may help you make a radical change do not cause you to loose weight. You have a built in cleansing system ... liver, kidneys, and intestines do it all, stop over taxing it. Chocolate isn't bad for you especially dark. Control your calories over a period of time ... that is the formula. No secrets, no short cuts, control your calories over a period of time. You will loose weight. So while you are controlling your calories eat healthy and you will feel good. Cravings come from missing something in your diet.
  • kristen49233
    kristen49233 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Dipping the chocolate in peanut butter negates the calories...especially after 7 PM
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Really??? I eat between 8 - 10 pm every night, a lot and I'm losing. And that usually includes some kind of nut butter, now I just need to add dark chocolate ... nomnomnom
  • IronCakes
    IronCakes Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    The problem is you didn't have peanut butter with your dark chocolate. I frequently will have not only two pieces, but an entire bar of dark chocolate right before bed, and that is between 10 and 11 pm. It doesn't make me gain any weight as I throw a 1/8 inch layer of crunchy peanut butter across the top of it. The healthy proteins in the peanut butter interact with the chocolate toxins to not only neutralize them but to convert them into a raspberry ketone-like substance that will help you actually lose weight.

I do this every cardio day, and I find when I step on the scale the next morning, I have lost a pound or two.

Glad I could help OP!

SS

A pound or TWO? Wow, you sure you just don't have serious BMs?
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    The problem is you didn't have peanut butter with your dark chocolate. I frequently will have not only two pieces, but an entire bar of dark chocolate right before bed, and that is between 10 and 11 pm. It doesn't make me gain any weight as I throw a 1/8 inch layer of crunchy peanut butter across the top of it. The healthy proteins in the peanut butter interact with the chocolate toxins to not only neutralize them but to convert them into a raspberry ketone-like substance that will help you actually lose weight.

I do this every cardio day, and I find when I step on the scale the next morning, I have lost a pound or two.

Glad I could help OP!

SS

A pound or TWO? Wow, you sure you just don't have serious BMs?

The man speaks the truth, peanut butter is magical once combined with chocolate :drinker:
  • rosemary98
    rosemary98 Posts: 632
    Options
    why all the negative comments? It is scary when we think we are doing everything right to lose or gain weight...and the scale jumps or falls...it is natural to blame it on some food we slipped in before bedtime that was not planned. chocolate can be especially triggering to people because it has a lot of negative connotations to it.

To OP...you did not fail. your chocolate intake was within normal limits. the two pounds is water/waste retention whether that be due to TOM or to natural fluctuations.

Hang in there.
  • Ptscorp5763
    Ptscorp5763 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just move on. My advice would be to stop buying and/or keeping your addiction in the house. I'm speaking from a chocoholic's own personal experience. You have to have a treat once in a while though. :-)
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Master cleanse:

ExLax.jpg
  • ktsimons
    ktsimons Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Last night I had a great workout, ate a healthy dinner and then right before bed I ate not one, but TWO pieces of dark chocolate. Like I do every morning I hopped on the scale and it said I've gained 2 pounds! I've been working so hard and I just couldn't resist the chocolate. I'm blaming it on TOM! Cravings are crazy right now. I just want to give up. :cry:

Were the chocolate pieces as big as a car?? I don't think that 200 or 300 calories of chocolate would cause you to gain 2 pounds overnight. analyze what you ate the rest of the day for SODIUM and chalk it up to water weight if you ate a freezer meal or restaurant food...

I eat dark chocolate every few days - granted, i buy "fun size" organic, dairy free, but still....I would eat half the house if i didn't allow a few chips, fries or a piece of chocolate every once in awhile. PLAN for these things, then the weight will eventually come off and stay off.

We must to learn to be friends with our food.