The Miley Cyrus Eruption

Options

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Since I didn't actually watch it, the only thing I've been disappointed by is with all that money and extra time on her hands, why is she so flabby? ;)

Could be because those bottoms were about 3 sizes too small but I'm not buying it. :)

Interesting....someone on my Facebook was just commenting on how she is "anorexic-looking." I think she has a beautiful body.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    To be honest I probably would have less of a problem with it if they kept teddy bears (my toddler plays with those things) and foam fingers out of it (though I realize that foam fingers were in the Blurred Lines video).

But I haven't seen the actual music video for her song so I have no idea if it was a play on her video or not.
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I've missed out on a lot, but then again, I've never seen her Disney show.
    Let's see. My hubby is a truck driver and the truck broke down. Going to be a tight month. That is really all that is affecting my life right now. Missed the whole thing.
    I have a mortgage and my son recently had to move back in to my house so yeah I can understand having higher priorities then this but this conversation doesn't really demand much of my time resources or brain power.

I can see why that would be a good justification to not join the conversation but you did join the conversation so I have to ask why. Are you telling us that we should all stop our conversation? Are you wanting us to shift the topic over to your situation with the broken down truck? I don't really feel qualified to talk about big rig trucks. Not to mention this is the first I am hearing about your situation.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Why is this shocking at all?

It wasn't that as much as how absolutely AWFUL the 'performance' (and I use that term as loose as Miley was trying too hard to act like). It wasn't sexually intriguing. The timing and stage moment was pathetic. Her presence was completely contrived and served no other purpose that to show her as a grown up girl, which failed. It was, quite simply, one of the worst excuses for what passes as entertainment I have seen to date.

It screamed so loud for attention you just had to watch to see how far the awkwardness would go. It went all the way to embarrassing.

Shock value of zero.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I'll give her a year before she's the next Amanda Bynes or Lindsey Lohan...
    I think she's just acting like a slut because she knows she's talent-less trash.
    I'm sure her daddy must be so proud :')

This has come out of my mouth so many times!!!!

Let's see where she is in 6 months to a year.
    I believe Amanda Bynes was diagnosed with schizophrenia, which explains why she went so nutty so quickly out of nowhere and is NOT the same situation.

True! Also, Lindsey Lohan has had serious family issues to the point of being totally alone. Miley Cyrus has an excellent network of family and friends. That makes a big difference.
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    American "news" is a joke. We get 5 minutes of real news, and then nothing buy hyped up stories and celebrity gossip. We spend 45 minutes talking about the VMAs and 30 seconds on Syria? Crazy.
    I really hate that people see this as news. There are way more serious topics out there right now, and a majority of people are like...."I can not believe she just did that". Just a rant!
  • delaniecastillo
    Options
    Reposting this for all the people saying she's talentless. Yeah, it's a remake, but she has a beautiful voice when she's being serious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOwblaKmyVw

And she's freaking adorable.

She's definitely got talent. I love her new song, Wrecking Ball. Just really pretty.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRFHAvdwXXs
  • Stacenglish
    Stacenglish Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I was more shocked, disgusted, whatever the word, more for the fact she can't keep her tongue in her mouth and I'm sorry, but the girl can't carry a tune. Auto tune, the death of real singers? That's what offended me about this spectacle *shrug*
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    It can't be UNSEEN! lol

945192_191401671031916_804842836_n.jpg
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    It can't be UNSEEN! lol

945192_191401671031916_804842836_n.jpg

Oh...it was ruined before that now...

big-foam-shocker.jpg
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 909 Member
    Options

It doesn't make someone a bad person for wanting to do that. I do think it can get out of hand and people start to think that they have a right to know what is going on in the personal lives of a celebrity. I don't agree with that but I can understand that for some people Miley Cyrus is their juggling.

Sure, we all need to escape for a while. For me, I exercise and watch sports to escape (and post on MFP :wink: ). However, when is the escapism too much? Also, what would the world be like if we used some of that mental energy we invest in Miley or the passing completion percentage of Tom Brady for more important issues like relationships, the environment, culture and social problems, etc.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

It doesn't make someone a bad person for wanting to do that. I do think it can get out of hand and people start to think that they have a right to know what is going on in the personal lives of a celebrity. I don't agree with that but I can understand that for some people Miley Cyrus is their juggling.

Sure, we all need to escape for a while. For me, I exercise and watch sports to escape (and post on MFP :wink: ). However, when is the escapism too much? Also, what would the world be like if we used some of that mental energy we invest in Miley or the passing completion percentage of Tom Brady for more important issues like relationships, the environment, culture and social problems, etc.
    I don't know about anyone else, but the mental energy I use for those things is pretty minimal.
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I agree, I don't think it's particularly shocking either, she's only following suit with what has been done in the entertainment industry for a long time now.

Plus, I think the fact that people are calling her a slut, insulting her body shape, and ignoring the fact that the performance was actually quite racist is a lot more worrying than seeing some gal parade about in her underwear.

Why is no one commenting on the fact that she is completely degrading black women's bodies in that performance? It was a horrible performance, but not for the reasons people keep saying.
  • TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options
    I'm just saying:

1175534_737540749608714_316311494_n.jpg

Agreed!
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I'm more shocked at her pancake flat butt. lol!!!!
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options

I think the escapism can be considered too much if you are doing it so often that you neglect other things. For example if I spend so much time juggling that I never go around to paying my mortgage then that would be too much.

I don't know how typical I am but things like this get the waste energy that is left over after I think of something that actually matters. Where that energy would be vented off as heat it is instead converted in to a thought about why we would find something so typical to be something shocking.

If that is the case with the majority of people in the world then our world wouldn't really be much different.
  • T0FatToB3S1ck
    T0FatToB3S1ck Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Not going to read all the pages. Miley Cyrus already had her own show and already sold out concerts and so on. Remember the Disney show Hannah Montana?
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    "Hey Miley? Guess what?! Chicken butt!"
    I0qYqFi.jpg
    OK, got that outta my system. Let's talk about Syria...
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I'll give her a year before she's the next Amanda Bynes or Lindsey Lohan...
    I think she's just acting like a slut because she knows she's talent-less trash.
    I'm sure her daddy must be so proud :')

This has come out of my mouth so many times!!!!

Let's see where she is in 6 months to a year.
    I believe Amanda Bynes was diagnosed with schizophrenia, which explains why she went so nutty so quickly out of nowhere and is NOT the same situation.

True! Also, Lindsey Lohan has had serious family issues to the point of being totally alone. Miley Cyrus has an excellent network of family and friends. That makes a big difference.

I've met Lindsay's dad in the Hamptons. I didn't know who he was at first and I thought he was a nutso.