The Miley Cyrus Eruption

Options

Replies

• miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    "Hey Miley? Guess what?! Chicken butt!"
    I0qYqFi.jpg
    OK, got that outta my system. Let's talk about Syria...

Well that's disturbing.
  • withabandon
    withabandon Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I haven't read all the thread yet... yes, it raised my eyebrows when I saw it. But there are so many people out there saying she's trashy and slutty... um... what about the 36 year old man who was grinding with her while singing a song about what is, at best "implied" consent and propagating rape culture? He's not trashy, but she's a raging slut for dancing around in a top and panties that she would not have gotten arrested for indecent exposure in.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Hollywood and performing arts for the purpose of fame are weird and pointless on many many levels. Miley is famous because her Dad is famous, same with Robin Thicke. It's just a bubble, in it's own world. Talent is not in high demand, there are other factors that determine the course and outcome of what is promoted, paid for, and offered. It's not art. It's what they call, "Selling out".
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I0qYqFi.jpg
    I swear I am trying really hard to only talk about stuff that the MFP moderators will not lock a thread down for. For this reason I did not make a thread about Syria. Yet Syria keeps rearing its head in here. This is not my fault. I have tried to keep this thread away from being divisive. I think that any moderator that reads this should praise me for my efforts and remove one of my strikes.
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's just me, but I didn't really get that anyone was "shocked". As far as I knew, people were just making fun of her and thought her performance was bad.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I'll give her a year before she's the next Amanda Bynes or Lindsey Lohan...
    I think she's just acting like a slut because she knows she's talent-less trash.
    I'm sure her daddy must be so proud :')

This has come out of my mouth so many times!!!!

Let's see where she is in 6 months to a year.
    I believe Amanda Bynes was diagnosed with schizophrenia, which explains why she went so nutty so quickly out of nowhere and is NOT the same situation.

True! Also, Lindsey Lohan has had serious family issues to the point of being totally alone. Miley Cyrus has an excellent network of family and friends. That makes a big difference.

I've met Lindsay's dad in the Hamptons. I didn't know who he was at first and I thought he was a nutso.

This is what I've heard as well. It's no wonder she turned to Hollywood clubs to find "love."
  • withabandon
    Options

Ahahaha, I just posted this almost word for word.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I0qYqFi.jpg

Well that's disturbing.

Miley-Cyrus-In-Bikini-on-a-beach-in-Costa-Rica-02-e1359450581759-560x655.jpg
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

Ahahaha, I just posted this almost word for word.
  • LuvDarkChocolate
    LuvDarkChocolate Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I tried that "twerking" thing she did on stage...and had to go lay down. I think I strained something!!
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I tried that "twerking" thing she did on stage...and had to go lay down. I think I strained something!!

you need superpowers to do it

funny-twerk-spider-man-batman.gif
  • LuvDarkChocolate
    LuvDarkChocolate Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    My husband thought I was having a seizure
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I0qYqFi.jpg

Well that's disturbing.

Miley-Cyrus-In-Bikini-on-a-beach-in-Costa-Rica-02-e1359450581759-560x655.jpg

That's much better.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I haven't read all the thread yet... yes, it raised my eyebrows when I saw it. But there are so many people out there saying she's trashy and slutty... um... what about the 36 year old man who was grinding with her while singing a song about what is, at best "implied" consent and propagating rape culture? He's not trashy, but she's a raging slut for dancing around in a top and panties that she would not have gotten arrested for indecent exposure in.
    SO true!

The things I've seen said in his "defense" are that he "didn't know," was "just going along with it" and "I bet his wife is upset (with Miley!!!)."

Come ON! Of COURSE he knew. There's no way that wasn't choreographed and rehearsed 100 times before it aired. He knew and he was OK with all of it. And he's an adult. She technically is, but she's still too young to really get what she was doing. He has as much or more blame in this as she does.

I have one friend who keeps attacking Miley and defending Thicke, but the impression I'm getting is that her husband is in a band (hobby, not day job) and some woman did something inappropriate to or with him and somehow this means Miley is evil and Robin Thicke is some kind of victim.
  • nataschalouise
    Options
    For me it was a bit of a shock.

But not because of what she was doing.

I actually really enjoyed Hannah Montana when I was younger. I was 15 (albeit a bit childish of me) and watched it all the time. It's just crazy how much she has changed.

I agree though that Miley isn't the first, nor will she be the last, that will pull a performance like this.

Also, parents shouldn't be worried about how their kids are going to pick up "bad habits" from her... I was 6 when "Sex on the Beach" came out, which was my favourite song, and copied Christina's Dirrty dance moves to perfection when I was 11, and I turned out great! :) (and no, I don't have a child).
  • TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options
    I've missed out on a lot, but then again, I've never seen her Disney show.

Let's see. My hubby is a truck driver and the truck broke down. Going to be a tight month. That is really all that is affecting my life right now. Missed the whole thing.

Understandable. When she was "big" on her show, I was stationed at Camp LeJeune, studying for third class petty officer, and going to school, so I didn't get to watch a lot of TV. I have a lot of catching up to do with pop culture, I guess. I did watch the VMA's and was stoked to have seen Jared Leto on there. Other than that, I wasn't thrilled with the rest of the show.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    It wasn't sexy or edgy, it was sad. A sad little girl looking for attention

What was sad about it?

The fact that she has people talking about her?
    The fact that she makes millions off of that song?

Im gonna be probably the only girl who agrees with the op and ty -
    I love the song - - actually i thought it was funny - and to be honest - i wasnt shocked by it at all - except for the teddy bears - lol -

and im sure people thought elvis doing his infamous pelvic dance was shocking and distasteful too -lol --I remember madonna coming out and performing like a virgin the first time and that was very scandalous lol - i cant even think of any 80s rock video - (and ive seen alot - since im old enuf to have watched mtv when they actually played music videos) - that doesnt have some sexy girl - doing the "stripper dance moves" I wasnt disgusted with it then - and i certainly am not now - It doesnt affect my day one bit at all - i love music with a passion - and i agree with the op - i like to be entertained - almost expecting someone to do something outrageous - lol and agree u never know - she probably will have something like her own show - or like xtina - or britney spears being judges or something - I wish her all the luck n success and hope nothing bad for her - i think ppl need to listen to the lyrics - i think its clear she cant stop and wont stop - and she doesnt care about the haters -and will dance how she wants to lmao :)

This.

plus this is someone who posted a video of herself twerking in a unicorn onesie.
  • withabandon
    Options
    SO true!

The things I've seen said in his "defense" are that he "didn't know," was "just going along with it" and "I bet his wife is upset (with Miley!!!)."

Come ON! Of COURSE he knew. There's no way that wasn't choreographed and rehearsed 100 times before it aired. He knew and he was OK with all of it. And he's an adult. She technically is, but she's still too young to really get what she was doing. He has as much or more blame in this as she does.

I have one friend who keeps attacking Miley and defending Thicke, but the impression I'm getting is that her husband is in a band (hobby, not day job) and some woman did something inappropriate to or with him and somehow this means Miley is evil and Robin Thicke is some kind of victim.

Maybe she just "knew he wanted it" like his song, right? How could he possibly be so upset about this considering the content of his song?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    SO true!

Maybe she just "knew he wanted it" like his song, right? How could he possibly be so upset about this considering the content of his song?
    I don't know if HE is upset about it. Just people blaming her and giving him a pass are saying he didn't know. They are basing that on nothing but the fact that they "like" him. So obviously he couldn't have known.
  • withabandon
    Options
    Apparently his wife is super cool with it anyways. I don't know how anyone can defend him at all, but hey... I'm not in other people's heads.