Women 20s/30s/40s support group

Options
1234568»

Replies

• makattack220
    makattack220 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    @samathes good for you for prepping your meals and having a plan to stay on track! I too am done with winter at this point... the snow is piled up high and I don't expect to see my garden until mid-March, but hey the sun is out today so maybe I'll go out in my parka and pretend to be somewhere tropical for 5 minutes until my face is frozen😎 lol

I mentioned it a few days ago here but will put a link in this time: if anyone is looking for a daily accountability group/challenge, I recently joined the Ultimate Accountability Challenge and its an active group with many supportive people (and a lot of maintainers who give great advice) posting daily. Here's a link to the Feb 2022 group, if you want to join! https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/142439-ultimate-accountability-challenge-february-2022
  • EricaK2022
    EricaK2022 Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    35 year old wife and mom of two.. ive had trouble losing weight since my early twenties.. especially after having my kids.. my main issue is my stomach.. anyone with advice on workouts and exercises or recipes.. or just general conversation is very much appreciated.. add me as a friend if you like.. its good to have a support system.
  • ColaTan
    ColaTan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just turned 40 last Nov. Gained a few kgs during covid n I can't stop snacking. It's like I know the things I should do, exercise n stop snacking but the moment I sit infront of the TV, I reach out for snacks.
    Addictted to sugary stuff too.
    Looking for motivation
  • MrsHermit
    MrsHermit Posts: 195 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    @EricaK2022 I'm not an expert at all but I've found that the key for me is my diet and exercise. I've been overweight all my life and am finally losing weight and getting healthy. It is not easy!!!

Diet would include taking in less calories than expending, and since tracking on MFP I've discovered/been learning some surprising (to me) things about calorie-dense foods. I've also been learning about portions and what foods aren't good for my body in particular. I'll share a few exercise "channels" that have helped me (I have been injured before following the wrong exercises, so these are safer for me): Walk at Home (Leslie Sansone) and Up To the Beat Fitness by Gina B. Gina's workouts are really fun, even fun for kids to do too. She has a facebook group too for more motivation.
    Also, it's great that you're looking at other recipes to try. Try some Indian dishes (bhavna's kitchen, or Manjula), or some stir frys. Have fun cooking more, I think it's better than store-bought stuff.

As for me, I have been either maintaining or slowly gaining the past few weeks. I am unable to log calories since I'm packing, and am determined to shove boxes aside to exercise so that I hopefully do NOT get injured when we move.

Small goals are better!
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    How's everything going for you girls?
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Hi to all. Feel free to join in on my April-June challenge below :)

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10860121/april-june-challenge#latest