Calories after puking?

Options

Replies

• obrientp
    obrientp Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    If you threw it up immediately after eating, I don't think you should record it, Or if you want, just record 1/4. For now, just eat broths and jello until your stomach gets back on track. Don't worry so much about calories..
  • celadontea
    celadontea Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Trigger warning?
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    To those who are going to jump at me for wondering if I should force some extra calories in, you guys obviously have problems.
    I'm too sick to eat and I figured that maybe I should have some calories to at least stay in my caloric goal.
    I'm not feeling well and at least I gave a flying fudge about my own well being unlike some of you folk.
    Thanks again for caring. (sarcasm. In case you need it spelled for you)

How old are you?
    I second this.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Have some ginger ale and go to bed
  • timesinfinityplus2
    timesinfinityplus2 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Mmm, flying fudge...
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    To those who are going to jump at me for wondering if I should force some extra calories in, you guys obviously have problems.
    I'm too sick to eat and I figured that maybe I should have some calories to at least stay in my caloric goal.
    I'm not feeling well and at least I gave a flying fudge about my own well being unlike some of you folk.

QFT!!!!

<3<3<3 Hope you feel better!!

If I were sick, I wouldn't worry so much about calories. I would just make sure you are hydrated! <3
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options

How old are you?
    I second this.

Wondering the same thing....
  • dawn_h_d
    dawn_h_d Posts: 184 Member
    Options

Ok - I am confused. You asked if you should eat ice cream after throwing up to eat back some calories, and then when folks gave their opinion, you said ^^^^^this?.?. I did see a lot of folks telling you to take care of yourself first, and give you ideas on what would be better to eat if you are sick than ice cream........
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Beef broth (Cambell's) with saltines is my go-to "bad tummy" food.
  • needtoloseafewpounds
    needtoloseafewpounds Posts: 161 Member
    Options

Ok - I am confused. You asked if you should eat ice cream after throwing up to eat back some calories, and then when folks gave their opinion, you said ^^^^^this?.?. I did see a lot of folks telling you to take care of yourself first, and give you ideas on what would be better to eat if you are sick than ice cream........

Again. Throwing irrelevant problems at my face. The "nomeejerome" person that posted obviously implied that I had an eating disorder which I definately do not have and at least 3-4 people, instead of giving me any word of advice or kindness just decided that they should second, third or whatever the post, Alright? I'm sick and I'm not going to put up with all of the other peoples' crap about how old I am because obviously that is IRRELEVANT to my question/topic. I should be asking those posters how old they are or am I wrong?
    In case you didn't read that comment correctly, I wrote "to those who are going to jump at me for.." Did I say everyone? No. I was going to properly thank every supportive poster tomorrow because obviously I'm sick right now and some of you managed to ruin things for me even worse.
  • trogalicious
    Options

Again. Throwing irrelevant problems at my face. The "nomeejerome" person that posted obviously implied that I had an eating disorder which I definately do not have and at least 3-4 people, instead of giving me any word of advice or kindness just decided that they should second, third or whatever the post, Alright? I'm sick and I'm not going to put up with all of the other peoples' crap about how old I am because obviously that is IRRELEVANT to my question/topic. I should be asking those posters how old they are or am I wrong?
    In case you didn't read that comment correctly, I wrote "to those who are going to jump at me for.." Did I say everyone? No. I was going to properly thank everyone tomorrow because obviously I'm sick right now and some of you managed to ruin things for me even worse.

M'kay.

Lemme break it down for you.

You have a few options.
    1. Go to bed and get better.
    2. Eat something, then go to bed and get better.

But you chose "post online what I should do, and kinda be rude to the folks that are responding."

That wasn't a really good option. Now, the age thing is obvious because you look like you're.. maybe...15? If you're older, awesome. Congrats on good genetics. If those of us that are wondering how old you are are correct in our assumptions, then this certainly isn't the place for a child.

Now, based on your responses, I'm sticking to the "you're probably not old enough to be here" vote. How you deal with that is up to you. So. There ya go.

Just keeping it real.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Definitely not old enough to be here unless that's her daughter in her profile pic.
  • jacalennejax
    jacalennejax Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Love.
  • needtoloseafewpounds
    needtoloseafewpounds Posts: 161 Member
    Options

In case you didn't read that comment correctly, I wrote "to those who are going to jump at me for.." Did I say everyone? No. I was going to properly thank everyone tomorrow because obviously I'm sick right now and some of you managed to ruin things for me even worse.

M'kay.

Lemme break it down for you.

You have a few options.
    1. Go to bed and get better.
    2. Eat something, then go to bed and get better.

But you chose "post online what I should do, and kinda be rude to the folks that are responding."

That wasn't a really good option. Now, the age thing is obvious because you look like you're.. maybe...15? If you're older, awesome. Congrats on good genetics. If those of us that are wondering how old you are are correct in our assumptions, then this certainly isn't the place for a child.

Now, based on your responses, I'm sticking to the "you're probably not old enough to be here" vote. How you deal with that is up to you. So. There ya go.

Just keeping it real.

Let me "break it down" for you. If people are going to be rude to me, I don't take it. Whether my actions are correct or not, whatever. It was some peoples' choices to tell me that I may possibly have an ED in a rude way.
    Second, I honestly wanted to know if I should try to eat back my calories because obviously I have no food right now and soup was an excellent idea which is what I will be eating tomorrow when I wake up (hopefully) happily. In other words, posting a QUESTIONon a help forum is definately not a mistake nor am I wrong to do so.
    Lastly, to satisfy your irrelevant question, I am 21 years old in American age. 22 in Korean.
    I really need to sleep now so reply all you want but I'm out.
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Wow...yet again we have the bash the OP crowd instead of trying to honestly offer help. Judging is not helping.

OP,

If you do not feel well, eat a few saltines or drink some ginger ale. It may help your stomach settle and get rest. Tomorrow hopefully you feel better. Feel better soon and ignore the people here trying to assume and judge.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Wow...yet again we have the bash the OP crowd instead of trying to honestly offer help. Judging is not helping.

OP,

If you do not feel well, eat a few saltines or drink some ginger ale. It may help your stomach settle and get rest. Tomorrow hopefully you feel better. Feel better soon and ignore the people here trying to assume and judge.

That's not the help she asked for. She asked, should I enter the calories I just puked up...., or should I force myself to eat....even though I don't want to.

What kind of "honest help" should be offered?
  • trogalicious
    Options
    Lastly, to satisfy your irrelevant question, I am 21 years old in American age. 22 in Korean.
    What's the conversion rate on that?
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    if you just recently upchucked your entire meal ice cream would not be the smartest choice to help ease your tummy. saltines, dry toast, flat ginger ale, chicken or vegetable broth not soup (unless it's good ole fashioned chicken noodle) think bland foods.

unless you're drunk vomiting an entire meal imo means you have a bug so get some rest check your temp make sure you don't have a fever and don't worry about logging. if you're sick you're sick. logging would be the last thing on my mind if i just projectile vomited my dinner.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    What's the conversion rate on that?

*raises hand*

I'm just going to chime in and say that I do believe OP because to many others, Asians do look younger. I remember when I was 18, people thought I was 12-14. Even now at 30, people still think I'm 5-10 years younger than I am.

For anyone that has lived in an Asian country, OP would look like a typical 21-24 year old.

My mother is 55 years old and people swear she's only in mid-forties.

ETA: For those wondering why two different ages, in some Asian countries (i.e. Korea and China), they do the ages differently. When you are born, you are already 1 years old.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    OP, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you are really sick and not purging. If this is the case, don't record what you ate, but still try to get some food in. Maybe stick with soups until you feel your stomach can handle solid food.

IF this isn't the case and a case of purging, then that's your business but I hope that you seek help.

Either way, best of luck OP.