West Coast vs. East Coast

Options

Replies

• clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,634 Member
    Options
    all coasts. cause i <3 food and don't discriminate.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Hard to say because it's so different!

I'm from Montana so...kind of west-coast/North West/West? We have Huckleberries, which you just cannot find outside of Montana, Idaho and parts of Washington state...so....kind of hard to compete with that.
    Living in MD now and we've got the blue crabs so...

Both good? I do know this, Montana and the Northwest in General know their coffee...and local businesses seem to thrive out there...lots of chains in the area I live now.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    West coast has better food. Except for pizza. East coast has better pizza. West coast pizza does not even qualify to be called pizza.

again...east coast has higher concentration of good pizza but there are places to be had in the west as well. one of the best pizza places in the country is in Phoenix(Pizzeria Bianco)

There are good pizza places on the west coast, usually when they are real Italian food places. But, on the east coast there is an abundance of good pizza. I still prefer the west coast for food from California up to British Columbia. California has the best fresh fruit, veggies and nuts.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Grotto's brings back fond memories of going to the shore when I was little :tongue:

The Conshohoken Bakery won't deliver tomato pie either...

as long as you realize its not the best pizza :) and i too have a soft spot for Grotto. i spent a few summer's going to Dewey for the weekends and it reminds me of those days. (still wouldnt order it next time im there)

i do miss Arenas Deli.

Oh no way is the "best"...not by a long shot. But we had one right up the road from our house in Long Neck & we always used to get delivery when got there on Friday nights. And then, of course, getting Thrasher's fries & Grotto on the boardwalk in Rehoboth before hitting up Funland, LOL! :)

now you have me thinking of The Starboard, Rusty Rudder....so many drunken, sunburned nights. :D
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    West coast has better food. Except for pizza. East coast has better pizza. West coast pizza does not even qualify to be called pizza.

again...east coast has higher concentration of good pizza but there are places to be had in the west as well. one of the best pizza places in the country is in Phoenix(Pizzeria Bianco)

There are good pizza places on the west coast, usually when they are real Italian food places. But, on the east coast there is an abundance of good pizza. I still prefer the west coast for food from California up to British Columbia. California has the best fresh fruit, veggies and nuts.

Fresh is definitely a great way to describe the food in that region.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options

I mean...Missoula, MT has three pizza places that I can safely say are better than ANYWHERE I have been on the East Coast...and that's just MT!
    "Bigga Pizza"
    "Red Pies over Montana"
    and (even though it's a chain) Mackenzie River...

Amazing pizza...all West coast.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Grotto's brings back fond memories of going to the shore when I was little :tongue:

as long as you realize its not the best pizza :) and i too have a soft spot for Grotto. i spent a few summer's going to Dewey for the weekends and it reminds me of those days. (still wouldnt order it next time im there)

i do miss Arenas Deli.

Oh no way is the "best"...not by a long shot. But we had one right up the road from our house in Long Neck & we always used to get delivery when got there on Friday nights. And then, of course, getting Thrasher's fries & Grotto on the boardwalk in Rehoboth before hitting up Funland, LOL! :)

now you have me thinking of The Starboard, Rusty Rudder....so many drunken, sunburned nights. :D

OMG...the Rusty Rudder! Good times!!! LOL!!
  • NinjadURbacon
    NinjadURbacon Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Depends on the food...when it comes to pizza, the East Coast wins, hands down...no question.

West Coast pizza = sh!te on a shingle

you should come try a pizza place in Anchorage, Alaska. I prefer it over east coast pizza. And i have had both.

Gonna fly me up there? LOL...or do they deliver? :bigsmile:

I keep trying to get this one place in Delaware to deliver to Nevada; but they refuse :grumble:

just be prepared ot be drinking out front with 100 of your best local friends in -10 degree weather during winter lol
  • NinjadURbacon
    NinjadURbacon Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Alaska b/c we have moose, caribou, and tons of salmon.

And Moose's Tooth
  • fitpam90x
    fitpam90x Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    East Coast hands down! NY has some of the best restaurants, fish and lobsters are amazing, and can't forget Philly!
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    Depends on the food...when it comes to pizza, the East Coast wins, hands down...no question.

West Coast pizza = sh!te on a shingle

you should come try a pizza place in Anchorage, Alaska. I prefer it over east coast pizza. And i have had both.

Gonna fly me up there? LOL...or do they deliver? :bigsmile:

I keep trying to get this one place in Delaware to deliver to Nevada; but they refuse :grumble:

just be prepared ot be drinking out front with 100 of your best local friends in -10 degree weather during winter lol

we do the opposite here. we'll be waiting outside in 115 degree weather. :D
  • robdel302
    robdel302 Posts: 292 Member
    Options

i do miss Arenas Deli.

North DE is where I'm from and Rehobeth is a part of what I call home. Can't wait to get home and hit up the boardwalk. Unfortunately most of it will be out of season, bah. Gotta wait till next year for the potatos, funnel cake, and taffy. Well at least the DFH brewery is still open.

And your welcome, it's been a pleasure to serve. A headache at times like right now since this thread has me craving real American food! :sad:
  • Fuax75
    Fuax75 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    The South
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    West, obviously. But no one can touch dat southeast barbecue.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options

i do miss Arenas Deli.

North DE is where I'm from and Rehobeth is a part of what I call home. Can't wait to get home and hit up the boardwalk. Unfortunately most of it will be out of season, bah. Gotta wait till next year for the potatos, funnel cake, and taffy. Well at least the DFH brewery is still open.

And your welcome, it's been a pleasure to serve. A headache at times like right now since this thread has me craving real American food! :sad:

LOL...sorry to enhance the cravings...believe me, I know what it's like. When I was pregnant with my son, my mom sent me a Philly care pack. TastyKakes, soft pretzels, meat, cheese, Amoroso rolls for cheesesteaks, and pork roll!!
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Both!

West Coast has the best Mexican, Chinese, Japanese, and Fusion cuisine.
    East Coast has the best Italian, Mediterranean, Eastern European, and Middle Eastern food.

Used to live in the West, now in the East.
  • britttttx3
    britttttx3 Posts: 458
    Options
    Eaaast sideee. Just because.
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    West because my mom is there and shes the best cook ever and shes skinny!!
    South food booo cuban makes me sick and restaurants suck here! A plus for my weightloss journey though