What THINGS do you LOVE MOST about your spouse/partner

Options
TemikaThompson
TemikaThompson Posts: 222 Member
What THINGS do you LOVE MOST about your spouse/partner

I always see negative comments about what people DON'T like, but there has to be something that you love otherwise you wouldn't stay with the person...

-I love that my husband really notices me and is very complimentive.
-I love how no matter how tired he is, if I ask him for "anything" he doesn't mind getting up to it with no complaints or grumbles.
-I love that he makes me feel special, wanted, needed and loved.
-I love that he is a great provider not necessarily by how much he makes (which is good) but the fact that when needed he is willing to work 2 jobs to take care of his family with no complaints.
-I think I just love the fact that he doesn't really complain too much about anything really. Trust me, it doesn't mean that it's because I'm perfect but because he is just so nice. His non-complaining habits makes me put myself in check when I have a complaint

Replies

• RashaePree
    RashaePree Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    - I love that he is mr. fix it so if something is broke immediately I don't have to worry about aww man we have to pay someone to fix this, that, or the other.
    - I love that he's a goofball at times and we can be goofballs together.
    - I love that when i'm sick he takes care of the kids so I don't have to and also takes care of me like i'm a little baby.
    - I love that I can just ask him to come lay in bed and hold me and he will (as long as there isn't something he has to do).
    - I love that he knows how to cook so sometimes when I absolutely don't feel like it he will take the initiative to.
    - I love many other things there's just so many....No matter what I may dislike about him the Loves outweigh them. :love: :heart: :happy:
  • naturallyme36
    naturallyme36 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    - I love that he stands by my side no matter what.
    - I love that he tells me that he loves me everyday
    - I love that he does the laundry without me asking
    - I love that he supports me on my journey
    - I love that he has never complained about me being on MFP all day, evening and sometimes night
    - I love that he will not spend a dime out of his paycheck until he checks with me on what is NEEDED
    - I Love that he brings me flowers
    and MOST IMPORTANTLY
    I absolutely LOVE the fact that he LOVES my children as his own and treats them with so much respect :)
    Thanks TT for asking, this is an important question to ask while we are on this journey. Having their support and acknowledging them is 1/2 the battle WON!!
  • Guinivere
    Guinivere Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I love that he never comments on my body so I can never take it the wrong way
    I love that he supports my new eating regime
    I love that he is sometimes another conscience giving me a gentle nudge in the right direction
    I love that he sees us as equal (complimentary)
    I love that we work together on problems
    I love that he loves our kitties as much as I do
    I love that he's willing to try (new things, cooking, gardening)
    I love that he smells nice
    I love that he's a kind and gentle soul
    I love that he's intelligent and funny
    I love that we like to enjoy similar entertainment and sports together

I'm very blessed and happy
  • withabandon
    withabandon Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I love that my partner recognizes the things that I am passionate about, even if he has no interest in them, and supports me in them.
    I love that he is good to his nephew (showing he'll make an excellent father)
    I love how thoughtful he is, remembering small things and doing little stuff to make me smile (he bought me Mother's Day flowers from our dog because he knew I was feeling kind of 'blah' about another year without babies)
    I love that he gets along so well with my family and recognizes how important my relationship with them is

ETA I also love how I feel so completely at ease with him and like I can be 200% my genuine self without fear of judgement or mocking.
  • m_wilh
    m_wilh Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I love my husband because:

He puts me first. My needs are always above his needs where he is concerned.
    He works hard to provide for our family and never complains about it.
    He is a GREAT dad to our kids. Over the years he's lost LOTS of sleep to make sure he is at their ballgames. (He works 12 hour shifts, usually third shift)
    He tells me he loves me everyday, not just once but multiple times.
    He really listens to me, actually engaging in the conversation and offering feedback when needed.
    He has always supported me in this weight loss journey, never complaining when I fixed healthy options for dinner that he didn't particularly care for.
    He tells me how beautiful I am and compliments me on my clothes, hair, make-up, etc.
    He's a man of his word. If he tells you he'll do something, you can count on him to do it.
    He's got a wonderful sense of humor.

We've been together for almost 27 years and I could go on and on. I love him more with each passing year.
  • TemikaThompson
    Options
    Very good ladies! Yall reminded me of some other things...Sooooo,
    I also love how he surprises me with flowers as well
    I love how I can be myself around him and be the silly goof ball that I am
    I love how he took my 2 oldest kids in as his own and treats them as his own
    I love how he doesn't spend any money besides gas money without asking me (even when I wasn't working)
    I love how he loves to have fun and always includes me in it.
    I love that he is a family man
    I love that he does NOT have any addictions (drugs, FB, internet, etc) that can jeopardize our relationship like I hear of op
  • TemikaThompson
    Options
    We've been together for almost 27 years and I could go on and on. I love him more with each passing year.

Hey, if you feel the need to go on and on feel free, that's what this thread is for. love is beautiful. Whoever complains need to make their own thread lol
  • TemikaThompson
    Options
    She has sex with me.

Really??? lol That's all you could come up with lol
    The title says "THINGS" not 1 thing lol
  • TemikaThompson
    Options
    (he bought me Mother's Day flowers from our dog because he knew I was feeling kind of 'blah' about another year without babies)

Awwww :blushing: that is sooooo tweet not sweet but tweet :flowerforyou:
  • zedgt87
    zedgt87 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    that feel when no girlfriend
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    She has sex with me.

she has a thigh gap.
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    A few things i love about my husband :

1. He does not care if i cook dinner , as long as there is something he can make quick he is fine.
    2. He rarely if ever complains about anything i do or dont do.
    3. He works two jobs to make sure we are taken care of
    4. He doesnt hit me ( always a plus)
    5. He puts up with me and my fitness goals and makes sure i have the toys i want to go along with that.
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I love that he lets me be myself he doesn't try to change me he even encourages that so I can be very comfortable with him.I don't feel like I have to change to be someone or something else for him to like me. I love that he is always brutally honest about everything sometimes he's super super sarcastic but I always know he speaks the truth. I love that he can make you laugh at any time. He cracks up most people he meets by his silly mannerisms sometimes like him dancing in the car while he drives. He definent enjoys being silly and making people laugh. The other day we went to a parade and he was dancing around and really getting into it every time the marching bands would go by and he didn't care if people laughed and pointed at him I said what if someone puts a video of you up on you tube wouldn't you get embarassed and he said no, hopefully I made somebodys day people need to lighten up. I love that he is good with my kids. And I love his arms am always curling up by them and they are very strong, he's a disabled veteran. I love his eyes they're beautiful. And do for sure love that he supports me with my weight loss that is a nice thing. Especially since he has very fast metabolism and doesn't put on weight easy like I do.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    He's protective, supportive, loving, gives me guidance, takes very good care of me, I can be myself around him, he's funny, smart, handsome, bearded, tall, and covered in freckles which I find adorable! I feel safe when I'm around him and he always tells me how beautiful he thinks I am and compliments me on my outfits. He calls me his princess and definitely makes me feel like one, too! ❤
  • zedgt87
    zedgt87 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    j9bkp5.jpg
  • beckieboomoo
    beckieboomoo Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    How he always makes me feel loved!
    his sense of humour !
    his sweet side!
    How he makes me feel like prettiest girl in the world
    how he tells me am pretty even if am ill or just got up
    His nerdy side!
    The way he holds me And the way he kisses me!
    How he always puts me first !
    His eyes and booty!XD
    how he gets "annoyed at me" when i can't play a game!
    How smart he is!
    How he has supported me through some of the hardest parts of my life!
    How he is always there for me!
    How he has coped with me for 3 years! (on friday)
  • debbash68
    debbash68 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    It may be a bit narcissistic, but that he loves s me as much as I love me ...
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    *sense of humor (we laugh at just about everything)
    *he's a badass when needed
    *he's soft when needed
    *he knows I'm independent and does NOT try to change that
    *he's almost ALWAYS happy
    *he has no tolerance for people who treat others poorly (LOOOOOOOVE this about him)

:heart: :heart:
  • TemikaThompson
    Options
    She has sex with me.

she has a thigh gap.

Ummmm I think you are on the wrong thread :noway:
  • whiteberry17
    Options
    j9bkp5.jpg