What THINGS do you LOVE MOST about your spouse/partner

Options

Replies

• GymRatGirl13
    GymRatGirl13 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    -He is my hero. My absolute hero.
    -He is healthy and supports my healthy lifestyle
    -He is real. He knows that we will butt heads, bicker, and need time alone, but he accepts that as life and sees it as a positive thing
    -He is supportive
    -He is easy to communicate with
    -I can tell him anything...be vulnerable and feel safe at all times
    -He is kind to me and all others around him
    -He is raising my 3 girls as his own, without asking me to have more children for him (he is an only child and has no kids, but chooses me over kids of his own) Little does he know, I will ask to give him a child before long. :-)
    - He is mentally and physically strong and will defend and protect me...always
    -He loves his parents
    - He RESPECTS me
    - He loves my imperfections and says they make me "me"

I could go on and on.....forever. Last week when he was in the hospital for over a week for a bad mountain bike wreck, we slept hand in hand and as I was falling asleep he whispered, "Me and You, You and Me...and that is how it will always be"
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    Options
    Thank god you showed up.

The sarcasm is unnecessary; the stupid "male" persona that people obsess over gets really old. Every single male that posted in here posted in an idiotic and childish way and I just have a hard time comprehending why it's SO hard to publicly appreciate what you have and be open about it.

I promise your genitals won't fall off and you won't just magically not be "a man"

You know, some men express love through humor and guy bravado.

When my husband read what I posted, he looked at me, touched, those magical eyes glistening, and said two words:

Bikini season.

And the list of why I love him grew by one.
  • GymRatGirl13
    GymRatGirl13 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    -He is my hero. My absolute hero.
    -He is healthy and supports my healthy lifestyle
    -He is real. He knows that we will butt heads, bicker, and need time alone, but he accepts that as life and sees it as a positive thing
    -He is supportive
    -He is easy to communicate with
    -I can tell him anything...be vulnerable and feel safe at all times
    -He is kind to me and all others around him
    -He is raising my 3 girls as his own, without asking me to have more children for him (he is an only child and has no kids, but chooses me over kids of his own) Little does he know, I will ask to give him a child before long. :-)
    - He is mentally and physically strong and will defend and protect me...always
    -He loves his parents
    - He RESPECTS me
    - He loves my imperfections and says they make me "me"

I could go on and on.....forever. Last week when he was in the hospital for over a week for a bad mountain bike wreck, we slept hand in hand and as I was falling asleep he whispered, "Me and You, You and Me...and that is how it will always be"
  • steve2kay
    steve2kay Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I've just read 4 pages of this and now I feel like the worst husband in the world (well, except the 'boobs' guy, maybe I'm one step ahead of him). I dont' think my wife would say half these things about me.
  • wtelephant
    wtelephant Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    1. He helps me in the kitchen. In fact he taught me how to cook.
    2. Doesn't shy away from household chores.
    3. Very meticulous and organized in whatever he does.
  • chubalina
    chubalina Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    He is very complimentary
    He is very manly and tough but also can tell me what pants/shirts/shoes look best with what
    He is REALLY good in bed
    He loves to spoil me, even if its something small, I know he is thinking of me
    The way he talks about me to other people like he admires me ; )
    He's not a PU$$Y and will stand up to anyone for me and our son
    The way he is really sweet and nurturing when I am sick
    He will do anything I ask of him without a huff and puff (most the time lol)

**Thanks for this post - I enjoyed it!
  • justinleebauer1
    Options
    Thank god you showed up.

The sarcasm is unnecessary; the stupid "male" persona that people obsess over gets really old. Every single male that posted in here posted in an idiotic and childish way and I just have a hard time comprehending why it's SO hard to publicly appreciate what you have and be open about it.

I promise your genitals won't fall off and you won't just magically not be "a man"

When my husband read what I posted, he looked at me, touched, those magical eyes glistening, and said two words:

Bikini season.

While I agree with that to a point, it's still just an excuse to not actually have to SAY something nice and emotional.

And last I checked "boobs" and "which spouse/partner are you referring to" were not an expression of love through humor or bravado, just pure bravado and childishness.
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Men are pretty simple creatures.... give us our top two needs (respect and love/sex) and we will give your our lives!

Not all men are like that!!!

I gave those 'needs' to my ex and well.... let's just say, he took advantage, he gave NOTHING, kept expecting more and more (including money, wanted me to work 3 jobs and he didn't even work!), and he's now an EX...

All of you posters are very BLESSED!
  • tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Here's a few of my favorite things about my wife:
    I love that she is smarter than I am and challenges me intellectually.
    I love that she challenges me to be a better man in every aspect.
    I love that she puts up with my shenanigans and sometimes even joins in.
    I love that she tries to see things from my perspective when we disagree.
    I love that she has given me a second chance on more than one occasion.
    I love that she is just as handy around the house as I am and doesn't wait for me to fix everything.
    I love that she has put up with me for the last 10+ years and hasn't killed me yet. :laugh:
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Thank god you showed up.

just to be clear, you want us to change for you? I don't bash a loving and romantic man, neither do I say anything to a man who is the silent or sarcastic type. But you are suggesting that the unromantic type change for you.

Please, stop worrying about us men. We have and will be fine. If you need romance and drama in your life, I suggest you pickup up a Nicolas Sparks book (I have read most of them. They're good reads btw).
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    Thank god you showed up.

Bikini season.

While I agree with that to a point, it's still just an excuse to not actually have to SAY something nice and emotional.

And last I checked "boobs" and "which spouse/partner are you referring to" were not an expression of love through humor or bravado, just pure bravado and childishness.
    Everyone is different. I like men who use humor to express themself. If you are solid in your relationship then you honestly do not need it expressed in a public forum. Again everyone is different and you can disagree with me as I disagree with you. Doesn't mean I think you are childish and lacking bravado.
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I love so many things about my husband.

1. He's my very best friend
    2. He's so funny, we always laugh when we're together
    3. He gets my sick sense of humor
    4. He never flirts or eyes up other women in my presence which leads to number 5.
    5. He makes me feel good about myself
    6. He has a great *kitten* :-)

The list could go on and on.
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    There are so many things I could say about why I love my husband, but the one that is big in my mind right now is the fact that he has been there for me and taken such good care of me since I shattered my ankle 2 months ago. He picked up extra hours at work to make up for the fact that I was out of work for 8 weeks, and then came home and cooked and cleaned the house when I was unable to do anything (which was quite a while). He didn't even think twice about it, he said he would do anything to help me heal and to help me get back into fighting form.

It's easy to get really depressed with an injury like this; the doctors can't even tell me if I'll make a full recovery right now because of the damage I did. I might not ever run again or do Zumba, but they can promise me that I'll at least be able to lift weights and do yoga. Since I had recently fallen in love with running before my accident, it's a hard pill to swallow to think I might not run again. He is my biggest supporter and believes I will get back out running again someday. Having him by my side makes this all more tolerable. <3
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    1. His wacky, oddball, sense of humor. Humor is one of the few things we actually have in common. Which I think is why we work so well.

2. Patience. He is my rock. I am the emotional, non-stop whirlwind. He is the calm, steady presence. He comes along for the ride and when things get too much for me, he is there to just calm things down.

3. Honoring the agreement we made on our very first date: never try to change the other. We accept each other as we are, for all our faults and flaws and strengths and joys. And still, we haven't even had a minor disagreement, let alone a fight.
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Awwww, this is such a sweet thread!!!! Y'all have pretty much mentioned everything, but I'll play along. :-)

1. My husband is a professional chef, and when I tell him I am cutting out sugar, salt, and fat, he goes out of his way to adjust his regular cooking to support me
    2. He even bought a kitchen scale, weighs everything out for me, and baggies it up so I can just grab and go and know that everything is the correct portion size
    3. He texts me every single day and asks me how my day is going
    4. He never says goodbye without saying he loves me
    5. He suffers through "The Voice" because he knows I love it
    6. He compliments me all the time unexpectedly. One time he was cooking at work and I was sitting outside; he texted me, "You look so beautiful today!" Awww....
    7. He loves me regardless of whether or not I lose weight, but is supportive in whatever it is I want to do
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Thank god you showed up.

:drinker:
  • sinistras
    sinistras Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I've just read 4 pages of this and now I feel like the worst husband in the world (well, except the 'boobs' guy, maybe I'm one step ahead of him). I dont' think my wife would say half these things about me.

^ The good news is it's never too late to change this! Blessings on your marriage! ^
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options

^ The good news is it's never too late to change this! Blessings on your marriage! ^

I agree! And if it is too late, it may be a case of being with the wrong partner.
  • tanashai
    tanashai Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    -He's always supported me-through university, through my rocky writing career, through pregnancy and labor (and believe me, I was a difficult person for those nine months XD) and in everything else I've wanted to try

-He works incredibly hard to provide for us and let me pursue my writing at home

-He's a real family man

-He's very careful not to scare me or our son, not even by accident

-He's really working hard to become healthy!

-He pushes me to think outside the box when I'm coming up with ideas for things

-We have great conversations about history and science and archaeology and aliens, lol!