December 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Thank you for sharing those links @shanaber I miss the array of expertise that seemed so readily available back then sometimes. Not that there is not an array of expertise available now, or anything like that. It's just... different. I suspect it's just site changes over time and people's willingness to freely share that has changed somehow. Could be as simple as not being able to share links on the newsfeed as one example, but I just don't know. I do recall something of an exodus of users when UA took ownership but that did not seem to affect the running groups so much. I guess I'll never know!
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,908 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile great report. It gives me hope your symptoms were just delays lupus/vaccine reactions and perhaps things will settle down.

@shanaber thank you for the links also. I watched the first one and the skipping and butt kicks are definitely something I might incorporate into my runs. They haven't really discussed BPM yet. Probably because I am pretty old I won't be able to do much change to my stride without possible causing knee or hip anger but I know I an a shuffler which is why I don't trail run. No ACLs so I tend not to pick up my knees very much. I wanted to respond to tag but the link is so old I didn't want to resurrect a zombie.

@WhatMeRunning I actually find a LOT more array of expertise. So much so that it's often difficult to weed out the chaff from the wheat.

good morning everyone! It's WARM and humid here again.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,112 Member
    Options
    I got my computer back. It's working better and they were able to get things installed that I couldn't. It's still slow as Christmas, but I'm glad to have it back.

@polskagirl01 I'm so happy that the stone has gone and I would definitely call the run a win.

Nice run @marisap2010 ! Yeah for the new jacket.

Glad your heart behaved yesterday @rheddmobile . I hope you can get to the doctor soon to get properly checked out and treated.

@Tramboman I don't run with my glasses either, so I can totally relate.

• polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    Great job @marisap2010 !!!
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing those links @shanaber I miss the array of expertise that seemed so readily available back then sometimes. Not that there is not an array of expertise available now, or anything like that. It's just... different. I suspect it's just site changes over time and people's willingness to freely share that has changed somehow. Could be as simple as not being able to share links on the newsfeed as one example, but I just don't know. I do recall something of an exodus of users when UA took ownership but that did not seem to affect the running groups so much. I guess I'll never know!

I know what you mean. I feel like we all shared more articles and such back in the day. I think the loss of two of our "main" (for lack of a better word) posters has had an effect. And with the originator of the thread no longer an active participant.

Personally, I use my phone a lot in here and it's harder to go and search for a supporting article or previous post etc. And a lot of the resources I used to share are now behind paywalls. Runners World, Women's Running, Trail Runner etc either have paywalls or memberships now.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    ...I actually find a LOT more array of expertise. So much so that it's often difficult to weed out the chaff from the wheat...
    That could very well be it. I see lots of people eager to help. Makes a lot of sense that in the past there were just fewer knowledgeable sources.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Great race, @marisap2010 !!!
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your race @marisap2010 - great finish time!