December 2021 - Accountability Month

Options

Replies

• deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 11,224 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    @deepwoodslady

It seems that a really good long sleep really helped you! Food for thought.

@dawnbgethealthy I know that (according to new science) the optimum sleep is 7 hours. Oh how I long for that! But most nights, 4 hours and most of the time I am 100% refreshed. I wish I could say that feeling refreshed means it's okay, I've had enough sleep. HOWEVER, I think the body needs more no matter how I feel in the morning. I hate to resort to asking doc for sleeping pills just to get there. My hairdresser said Melatonin works wonders for her. She takes it a couple of times per week. I'm also wondering about quality essential oils (Lavender). Any opinion from anyone who would like to chime in would be great! BTW, I've already cut coffee early but..... not always chocolate. I try to stick to one square of 90% cacao dark chocolate or Sugar-Free chocolate but they still contain caffeine. But it doesn't feel like a caffeine problem. I'm just not tired.
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,825 Member
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy - You are on a roll! Keep up the wonderful downward trend. What you've been doing is working and just starting to catch up with you.
  • Lavoisier61
    Lavoisier61 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    So this came with my new scale. (Accuweight is the brand). Kind of surprised to see this. Common sense I guess.
    It talks about muscle being heavier, but muscle burns fat.
    Thought that I would share.

n684kpxw3afo.png

I honestly do try not to get upset with the fluctuations, but they still bother me.

I think that we all should pin it on the wall in front ot the scales :)
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,647 Member
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy Excellent month for you! Way to go!

Thanks Tina : - )
    Hoping to have a bit of a buffer before stuffing and gravy season : - )
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,647 Member
    Options
    @deepwoodslady
    I have never been a good sleeper. Since I was 7 years old. Part of it was FOMO from having older siblings and I think that I forced myself to fight through tiredness.
    I do take a sleeping pill once per week, usually the night before the beginning of my work week. I get at least one good night of sleep lol, and hopefully set my clock for the rest of the week.
    I have tried Melatonin and other things in the past. I have heard people talk about some sort of gummy on other forums, but I can't remember what they are called.
    Yes, sleep helps weight loss I believe.
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 11,224 Member
    Options
    @deepwoodslady
    I have never been a good sleeper. Since I was 7 years old. Part of it was FOMO from having older siblings and I think that I forced myself to fight through tiredness.
    I do take a sleeping pill once per week, usually the night before the beginning of my work week. I get at least one good night of sleep lol, and hopefully set my clock for the rest of the week.
    I have tried Melatonin and other things in the past. I have heard people talk about some sort of gummy on other forums, but I can't remember what they are called.
    Yes, sleep helps weight loss I believe.

@dawnbgethealthy That's what my hairdresser uses. Some sort of gummy. I'll have to find out the brand.