New to fitness pal!

Just wanted to say hi to everyone. I started my weight loss journey in august when I decided to do keto, and I lost 50 lbs! Now my goals are to build more muscles, so I decided to add carbs to my diet. It’s been a little bit of a struggle finding what foods contain the best carbs for my body in order to future my fitness progress. That’s why I decided to start using fitness pal.

Replies

• rebekah2882
    rebekah2882 Posts: 50 Member
    Welcome! MFP has helped me a lot in my journey. Best of luck to you in your journey. Feel free to add me for support and motivation.
  • fattyfightnit
    fattyfightnit Posts: 18 Member
    @rebekah2882 how do you add people?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,770 Member
    Hello and welcome, @jcardoza1578!

I think you've come to a good place, to work on your goals: MFP can be a help.

If you have specific questions about the carbs, or other aspects of your goals, I'd encourage you to ask. People here have a wide range of opinions, which makes things lively at times, but the diversity means one can almost always find some ideas that are useful to test drive, see if they work well for us personally.

Wishing you huge success!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,770 Member
    @rebekah2882 how do you add people?
    y
    That's unfortunately gotten a little more complicated since a recent software upgrade.

Web users can look up another user by using the Find Members link (top of page) to search a username. App users can Navigate to the More menu in the App, then Friends or Messages, and then click the "+" icon to start a new friend request or private message using another user's username.

Another option on the web is to click on the user name on a Community post, then edit the URL in your browser. Delete the "community." (note the dot in there) and the funny looking number part plus a slash (looks kinda like "1003102222/"). Hit enter, you should see the person's basic MFP web profile page, where there should be an "add as friend" button you can click to generate a friend request to that person. When they accept the request, voila, you're MFP friends!

Yes, I know that's fiddly and a pain. The MFP staff are working on improving it, so it's easier like it used to be.
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,479 Member
    welcome & let the gainz begin! :)