Are you looking for a friendly collection of like-minded losers to support you in 2022? Come on in!

Options
mtaratoot
mtaratoot Posts: 13,191 Member
There is a group called "Lose 1 Pound a Week and Keep it Off" has been on MFP since 2016. Many members have done spectacularly well! We are opening the group to new members for 2022 a little early, so consider getting a head start on your 2022 health and fitness goals. We have members trying to lose weight as well as members maintaining their current weight. It's friendly and respectful place.

One highlight is the fun (and totally optional) health and fitness challenges along with our weekly weigh-in. Another is that the group is pretty active and will support you as you work to achieve whatever goals you set for yourself. We do ask that in return you play nice. We don't tolerate disrespect.

We have people of all ages and from all parts of the world. And our members are very kind and supportive!

SO COME JOIN US!

To join, click on the BLUE link below, and hit the JOIN button.. Tell us a bit about yourself and we will accept you shortly after that! Then you can come on into the group and get ready to go for 2022!

If for some reason you can't find the group, you can reply to this thread and we can send you an invitation. You'll have to accept it. Invitations over a week or two old probably will get deleted. You can always ask for another one.

Replies

• Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,784 Member
    Options
    I've been a member of this group since April 2021, and the support and camaraderie in the group has been amazing. I credit the weekly challenges (all optional) with helping me to stay motivated, and I'm 60lbs lighter as a result. Whatever stage of your weight management journey - just starting out, already in maintenance, struggling to get your mojo back - this group will provide you with support and encouragement. I'm so glad I stumbled across it eight months ago!
  • lauragirl84
    lauragirl84 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I can’t join but very interested! Please send me an invitation!!!
  • mtaratoot
    Options

Invitation has been sent. Looking forward to seeing you in the group!
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    @lauragirl84

You have an outstanding invitation waiting. Please accept it in the next few days if you want to come join us.

If your invitation gets removed, you can always still join by going to the group page and clicking the green JOIN button.
  • Elletha
    Elletha Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would love to join! I am starting my journey to lose weight today. Can’t figure out how to do it from this thread. If you could sent me an invite that would be awesome
  • mtaratoot
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Elletha wrote: »
    I would love to join! I am starting my journey to lose weight today. Can’t figure out how to do it from this thread. If you could sent me an invite that would be awesome

Invitation sent.

Now you just have to accept it. If it sits more than a week, don't be surprised if it expires. You, or anyone else, can join by clicking THIS LINK, then clicking on the green button.
  • mtaratoot
    Options

It's been a week now. Please accept the invitation or it will expire. If it does; no worries. Just navigate to community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/129605 and click the green button. Same for everyone!
  • Historybuff1966
    Historybuff1966 Posts: 74 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    I figured out how to pull up the Google spreadsheet, but need advice on how to get a quicklink onto my android for the spreadheet and our group chat so I don't have to search each time.
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    I figured out how to pull up the Google spreadsheet, but need advice on how to get a quicklink onto my android for the spreadheet and our group chat so I don't have to search each time.

Hi there - we can help you with this in one of the group threads... Please come on back in and pose your question there. Since we are a private group, we don't put links to the spreadsheets outside the group site..

Here is a link to the ask questions thread within the group! Have a great day!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10818070/all-members-ask-questions-see-admin-announcements/p1
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    mtaratoot wrote: »

Invitation has been sent. Looking forward to seeing you in the group!
    @lauragirl84

You have an outstanding invitation waiting. Please accept it in the next few days if you want to come join us.

If your invitation gets removed, you can always still join by going to the group page and clicking the green JOIN button.

It's been a week now. Please accept the invitation or it will expire. If it does; no worries. Just navigate to community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/129605 and click the green button. Same for everyone!

@lauragirl84

Since you never accepted your invitation, it is expiring. You can always just go to community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/129605 to join any time. Just click that link and then click the green JOIN button. Anyone feel free to join! The link works for everyone. It may take a day for us to accept your application, but we will.

If you still need an invitation, just ask. But then you have to accept it or it will expire.

HAPPY NEW YEAR! May your 2022 be an order of magnitude happier and more successful than 2021.
  • nfll406
    nfll406 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join?
  • mtaratoot
    edited January 2022
    Options
    nfll406 wrote: »
    Is it too late to join?

It is NOT too late! It's NEVER too late! Don't wait until tomorrow. All you have is today, and today is always the BEST time to start.

Just go on over to https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/129605 and click on the green button. If you want, post back here and someone can send you an invitation. But the easiest thing is just to click the link above and then click join.
  • jillster1965
    jillster1965 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I sent a request to join. But was unable to view the guidelines. If I am accepted, will I be able to view? This is my first attempt at joining a group. Thank you!
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    I sent a request to join. But was unable to view the guidelines. If I am accepted, will I be able to view? This is my first attempt at joining a group. Thank you!

You're in
  • myrnacarrier84
    myrnacarrier84 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this group. Please send me am invitation.
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this group. Please send me am invitation.

Will send you one.
  • samathes
    samathes Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Sent a request!
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    samathes wrote: »
    Sent a request!

It looks like someone approved you. See you over there!
  • Br00klynbaby90
    Br00klynbaby90 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Add me guys looking for like minded people
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    Add me guys looking for like minded people

Just go on over to https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/129605 and click on the green button. If you want, post back here and someone can send you an invitation. But the easiest thing is just to click the link above and then click join.