Cos Play

Options

Replies

• Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    you make a great chris mruntidy. I'm blown away by the costumes. mrsbobafett, think youd be my husbands best friend lol. seen a bunch of lady boba fett costumes in pics a while back, but you'd make a great pepper potts and Harley. or ivy. smoking red hair.

I want to get fit enough to not only do the cosplay, but to take part in universal studios the walking dead and silent hill walks at Hollywood horror nights. would love to be a twitching nurse with a scalpel.

oooohhhh so excited
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I wish I had the time and money to put into it, but just can't right now. All my spare cash goes to kid in College. And my job is sucking up my life.

However, if at some point I am totally going to Cosplay River Song. All I really need is the right clothes and to curl my hair.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    All of these great pictures are making me want to procure a costume! :laugh:
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Well, my plan is to have an alt Chris Redfield from RE6 if instead of going BSAA he went umbrella instead, so this one is unique. I'll edit this post with a couple of others...

image.jpg

Dat Tusken Raider!!

I've been looking for a female Boba Fett costume for a while but don't have the time to make my own *boohoo*

I'm going to the London Film and Comic Con this winter, torn between going as Harley Quinn, Queen Amidala, Black Widow or Extremis Pepper Potts :\
    you make a great chris mruntidy. I'm blown away by the costumes. mrsbobafett, think youd be my husbands best friend lol. seen a bunch of lady boba fett costumes in pics a while back, but you'd make a great pepper potts and Harley. or ivy. smoking red hair.

I want to get fit enough to not only do the cosplay, but to take part in universal studios the walking dead and silent hill walks at Hollywood horror nights. would love to be a twitching nurse with a scalpel.

oooohhhh so excited

I would love to do LFCC at some point as I think MCM is quite restrictive though still a good venue - DC characters are something I would like to get into as well as I have never really read much as I prefer the marvel artwork. Black Widow would be awesome, me in spandex, not so awesome just yet :grumble:

Well we have a few of the UK Garrison in our Resident Evil group, usually about 20-30 of us turn up at MCM for photoshoots and parading around being heckled because, well, no one likes Umbrella :laugh:

For those of you who said you wouldnt know where to start or youd love to make one, honestly they are so easy, its literally just having the balls to do it. Everything I have made has been a first shot at making it and I only started crafting stuff last year.

There are loads of great resource websites out there;

www.cosplay.com
    www.therpf.com
    www.cosplayisland.co.uk

I would love to see some stuff people make - there are a few of my bits and pieces on my youtube channel as well if you look for me on there i also go by mruntidy
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Thank you both :)

I've always admired the art of cosplay and have seen some incredible cosplayers, I just never had the confidence to do it myself.

Been thinking of something like this:

1000412_10151549234950894_999062426_n_zps573eec7c.jpg

or
    harley_quinn_cosplay_by_rongejon-d62x9mj_zps0a35a34b.jpg

or
    tumblr_moxm693uQ81s0g3kyo1_500_zps1f9d642f.jpg

I would love to go like this but would never be able to make the costume
    7617258286_34703e5bc0_z_zpsf9ecac51.jpg

Thanks for the links mruntidy! Will have a browse this evening :)
  • depuydt2011
    depuydt2011 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on cosplaying as Ramona Flowers from Scott Pilgrim for Dallas Comic Con: Fan Days in October. That is a part of my motivation to get fit, so I can do the cosplay justice. :wink:

When i managed the halloween store in st cloud mn, we had a girl dressed as ramona come in a bunch of times. She did a really good job with her outfits
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Thank you both :)

I've always admired the art of cosplay and have seen some incredible cosplayers, I just never had the confidence to do it myself.

Been thinking of something like this:

1000412_10151549234950894_999062426_n_zps573eec7c.jpg

or
    harley_quinn_cosplay_by_rongejon-d62x9mj_zps0a35a34b.jpg

or
    tumblr_moxm693uQ81s0g3kyo1_500_zps1f9d642f.jpg

I would love to go like this but would never be able to make the costume
    7617258286_34703e5bc0_z_zpsf9ecac51.jpg

Thanks for the links mruntidy! Will have a browse this evening :)

I'll view the pics when i get home as i cant on this PC boooooo

But yeah, no problem on the websites, i just wish i had found this hobby years ago :D
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    love those pics. the models did them justice! always wanted to do Harley Quinn after playing arkham city. never liked the one piece suit or the tutu, but that latest one was awesome! you could deffenitly rock them all. for boba fett, im sure you could find an easy way to make it. using clay over a bra for the breast plate with some foam material, a toy helmet modified. if ever I was to be commander shepard, I would make the Omni tool outta isomalt. (sugar)
  • Ginja_Ninja6
    Ginja_Ninja6 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I plan on making or buying a good costume once I reach my goal weight and actually attending a comic con... it would be awesome :)
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    The wife and i both want to Cosplay, but i'm not sure what i would go as. Maybe Capt. Reynolds from Firefly....thoughts?
  • HunterKiller_wechange2
    Options
    This from about 5 years ago. Not very fit but costume is pretty cool. Hopefully i can do another one day but with muscles :)

17162_1111442565904_1303253_n_zpsaa46eb49.jpg
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I want to do a cosplay one year...deciding on a character is the problem. :tongue:
  • imakeyoukneel
    imakeyoukneel Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I love cosplay :D
  • Fit_NYC_
    Fit_NYC_ Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Cosplay is awesome!

I'm actually upset because this year my Tough Mudder conflicts with the NY Comic-Con.

Those are some great ideas BTW!
  • imakeyoukneel
    Options
    I want to be Holo

spice-and-wolf-cosplay-6c0a5b12-sz850x1275-animate.jpg
  • Fit_NYC_
    Options
    I want to be Holo

spice-and-wolf-cosplay-6c0a5b12-sz850x1275-animate.jpg

that would rock!
  • imakeyoukneel
    Options
    my favorite anime ever :)
  • MammaMouse
    Options
    One of the things I really want to do when I'm fit is to cosplay Yuna from FFX-2.
  • Fit_NYC_
    Options
    Spice and Wolf right? It's been a while.. I have to review and catch up!

Yuna wold be a kickass cosplay too!
  • imakeyoukneel
    Options
    yup that's right :)