Less Alcohol ~ JANUARY 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Replies

• ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Happy TGIF, everybody. I discovered a vacuvin-ed Chardonnay in my fridge this week, I guess DH opened last weekend. It’s been tempting me a little this week but I held off for tonight. I hope it’s still good. If not I’ll open something different that I really like. Or maybe I’ll make room in my calories for hot cocoa. That sounds pretty good!
  • ducky133
    ducky133 Posts: 82 Member
    edited January 2022
    @Turtlemummy so sorry to hear your daughter has covid. I hope she recovers quickly. Glad you were able to limit the damage.
  • GiveHerGrace
    GiveHerGrace Posts: 101 Member
    Posting for accountability. 27th consecutive day AF.

12/25 - 12/31 AF
    1/1 - 1/20 AF

4 cans of Diet Coke again today. The fatigue was real. I did take 2 walks totaling 5 1/2 miles or who know how many I would have drank.

Happy Weekend everyone. Oh and Go Pack Go for any of you NFL fans out there. Going to be cold in Green Bay tomorrow night. Hopefully it works in their favor against the 49ers.
  • Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    AR10at50 wrote: »
    My first AF Friday night in ages. I mixed up some essential oils that are supposed to prevent melt downs, and have been rubbing it all over me. One day at a time. Day 5 being AF and DH hasn’t even noticed. Tonight he asked me what I had in my glass and it was kombucha.🙄 My dessert was lemon water.
    Have a good weekend everyone!
    @lmlmrn - I hope the socks have fun painting!!!!😀

I'm having a celebratory glass of soda stream in a fancy glass. It's empowering to reprogram those Friday nights, celebrations, stressful days, socializing, etc, not to *require* alcohol.
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,599 Member
    18 AF/21 days. My first Kombucha yesterday was a store brand lemon ginger. The effervescence and tartness was very good and it did not give me any tummy issues. It tasted like a margarita with some white vinegar plus nutrasweet. Drinkable, yes, but repeat - not this brand.

I do have 2 others on today's shopping list: Synergy Trilogy (has Raspberry and I like that) and Kevita Dragonfruit Lemongrass. Both seem to have 30 cals for half a bottle - trying to stick to any of the lower sugar ones. I can't do fake sugars - and I don't care for stevia.

Since I cut out sugar years ago, most items to me taste way, way too sweet-and I get physically queasy. Strange right?

@lmlmrn I hope you find your sunshine this weekend. I am sooo looking forward to going out today and getting my exercise and sunshine.

Today I work on doing things that make me happy.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,812 Member
    My usual goal, 16-20 AF days per month.

My schedule pretty much dictates my AF days.
    I will be AF on Sundays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays for the next few months.

Diary style is how I keep track

Wednesday Jan 19th - 2 drinks. Not planned, but I enjoyed them after crawling home from a very long day.
    Thursday Jan 20th - AF - Skating in the morning before work, so AF tonight : - )
    Planned drinks Friday and Saturday.
    Friday Jan 20th - 2 1/2 drinks (the half was mulled cider with a half shot of spiced rum). Planned drinks Saturday afternoon with a friend.

Rolling total: 12AF days out of 21 days.
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,599 Member
    @Womona glad you are on the upswing! It's hard when the brain says "go" and body says "no".