InMotion Compact Strider Exercise?

MissKaramatic
MissKaramatic Posts: 1 Member
Hi! I use the InMotion Compact Strider as my main at-home workout equipment and was curious what to log it as in the app? I've used the stairs/walking option but I want to make sure I log it correctly since there's not a strider option. Someone mentioned Elliptical Trainer as an option but this machine doesn't have the range of a full elliptical, though it does have resistance bands attached for a similar arm workout! Any ideas? Also if anyone wants to share their favorite compact/small space workout equipment I'm all ears!

Answers

• durden
    durden Posts: 3,451 MFP Staff
    So to preface, this is just my opinion and not a "definitive" answer.

If your device (i'm not personally familiar with the one you're using) gives you a calorie burn directly, I would go with that rather than using an estimate from the exercise database. You can create a new exercise and directly input the number of minutes and calories burned right into the app/website rather than trying to find a "best match" in the database.

The same applies if you happen to have a wearable like a Fitbit/Apple Watch/etc. I personally use an Apple Watch, and the integration basically takes care of everything for me.

If you none of the above applies to you, then based on what you said I think that using the elliptical trainer exercise is going to be the closest match in the database, so you're probably okay going with that unless it is absolutely critical that you're 100% accurate on your calorie burn. (Which IMO, it probably isn't unless you're training at an olympic level and are hyper-focused on macros and the like)
This discussion has been closed.