January 2022 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Another 2 miles today - just treadmill so boring but needs must.

I joined Run the World previously but I just kept forgetting to manually add my miles and it wouldn’t sync to my running watch so I gave up! Then with Run the Year I synced successfully but for both running and walking miles - think I’ll keep out of challenges this year as I’m too prone to messing it up! Good luck with it all - I’m sure you’ll be round the globe in no time! X

1/1: 2.1m
    2/1: 2m
    3/1: 2.5m
    4/1: 2m

Jan total: 8.6m
    Jan target: 30m
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    @shanaber I joined and paypalled you $4. It's automatically counting runs and walks it looks like. I am not sure if I need to change settings somehow or it's set that way for everyone.

I'll be back to update from yesterday and today later.

I did set it this way overall for the challenge. I know not everyone in the group (including me) is able to run or run all the time so I figured we could do both. I imagine these to be intentional walks that you might track with Strava or your Garmin but not just a casual neighborhood or park walk. It also had a category for virtual runs and my first thought was, virtual races so yes, but now I am not sure exactly what a virtual run would be... no you can not log the runs you think about in your head as a virtual run 😁

OK great. Yes, just visualizing a run should probably not count :). I record my dog walking time and hikes so purposeful walking definitely.

Date :::: Miles :::: Cumulative
    01/01/22 :::: 5.0 :::: 5.0
    01/02/22 :::: 3.2 :::: 8.2
    01/03/22 :::: 2.0 :::: 10.2
    01/04/22 :::: 4.2 :::: 14.4

Yesterday 2-mile warmup on the treadmill because it was a) 14 degrees out, b) Monday, and c) the first day back after break, so I was not in the mood. Today was quite a bit warmer by the afternoon so I met a friend for a canal run just before dark. It was getting a bit slippery in spots as the sun was setting so I was glad to be done.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,976 Member
    Options
    January Goal: 100 Miles

1/1: 10.02 miles
    1/4: 5.31 miles

15.33/100 miles completed for January

It was 32°F, feels like 24°F when I ran this morning.  But it wasn't bad and even though I am not a fan of cold weather I got out and ran 5 miles. I even enjoyed it. 😊

@shanaber Did you get my PayPal payment and my location?

exercise.png

• marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I have joined and sent my money via PayPal. I’ll contribute more miles this year with marathon training and my effort towards a run streak.

The last two days were not normal run days, so I did a mile after work each day.

January total: 14.65
    Streak day 4
  • kgirlhart
    Options
    Glad you got it, and thanks for setting it up for us @shanaber.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    @tamlyn1980 Welcome to the Group.
    You have some NZ sisters ( running sisters that is ) in the group.
    Our NZ friends @Avidkeo and @ContraryMaryMary
    tamlyn1980 wrote: »
    Hi! I’m new here. I live in rural Wairarapa in New Zealand on a small 5acre block of land.

Planning a modest goal for Jan based on 12 sessions of C25K- 42km.

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,389 Member
    Options
    Hey @juliet3455 - want to join our Run the World 2022 group? We could use another fun place to visit and run (virtually)!!
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    It's that time of year. Dreadmill Time.
    rajbrb5qm2rp.jpg

42bbzcf2a24e.jpg

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    1/1 – 6.11
    1/2 – 6.21
    1/4 – 6.31
    1/5 – 5.11

23.74 of 160 miles

Overslept a little this morning so had to cut my run short to get into the office.

@Teresa502 you are very lucky. Hopefully the snow will not an issue, by the time you get home.
    @Faebert hope your cat is okay.
    @rheddmobile you really need a break, hopefully 2022 will be nicer to you. Sweet about the raccoons.
    @juliet3455 I shivered just reading those temperatures.
    @noblesheep glad your run was better today
  • kgirlhart
    Options
    January Goal: 100 Miles

1/1: 10.02 miles
    1/4: 5.31 miles
    1/5: 5.26 miles

20.59/100 miles completed for January

It was another cold 5 mile run this morning.  Not @juliet3455 cold, but Texas cold.  It was actually a little warmer than yesterday and I took off my outer layer of sleeves about 3 miles in. Wearing 2 pairs of sleeves is definitely easier for me than wearing a jacket. It's too much of a hassle to take off my jacket when I am wearing my Noxgear vest.

@faebert I hope the kitty will be alright.

@rheddmobile I love hearing about your racoon family. 

exercise.png

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,389 Member
    Options
    @Faebert - I am so sorry about your kitty! Hope it is ok and that you got some rest.
    @juliet3455 - I can't even imagine weather that cold! Pretty sure my CA cold is warm tank top weather for you!
    @rheddmobile - love hearing about your raccoon adventures! How long will the grown babies stay with their mom? Also is your albino baby still hanging around too? Hope you hear from the cardiologist soon!

We have 13 people signed up for Run the World. If it looks like no one else is joining I will go ahead and set up the map tonight.