January 2022 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,969 Member
    Options
    Welcome @rungirlrun500 . I hope you are feeling better soon.

• Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Got in 8 miles this evening. Felt better than I have in months. Shins only hurt for about 2 blocks. Temperature was in the perfect zone at 54F, light breeze.

exercise.png
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,969 Member
    Options
    @Scott6255 It's good to see that you had a good run!

@shanaber I joined the challenge and sent you the $, I think. Please let me know if you got it. I have a pay pal account, but don't ever recall using it, so I'm not sure I knew what I was doing. :lol: Thanks again for doing this for us.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,976 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    I signed up for the Run the World challenge @shanaber. I am in Breckenridge, TX which is about 95 miles west of Ft. Worth. I also sent the money on PayPal, let me know ow if there were any problems getting it.
  • Juliexx00
    Juliexx00 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    5km treadmill

13.5/100
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    @shanaber I will join and pay via paypal tomorrow. I am in Syracuse NY

It's late and I will catch up and update tomorrow!
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Sticks. 🤣🤣🤣

I mean "poles". Trekking poles.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,063 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    For those of you who have run long distances with a hydration vest, which ones do you recommend? I think I might try one for my marathon in October instead of the belt I usually use.

I just got the Osprey Dyna and I love it!! It’s so comfortable and has pockets galore. I’ve worn it up to 11 miles so far and on some sweaty days. No chafing or bouncing. It is a game changer for sure!

Welcome @rungirlrun500 and @tamlyn1980 and @tegass1994 !

@shanaber I just signed up for RTW and sent you $ through Zelle. I am in The Woodlands, TX. The “The” is a part of the town name if you are searching for it on a list.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    @shanaber I joined and paypalled you $4. It's automatically counting runs and walks it looks like. I am not sure if I need to change settings somehow or it's set that way for everyone.

I'll be back to update from yesterday and today later.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,799 Member
    Options
    @polskagirl01 you HAVE to join. We want to run thru your town. I think we can do it with us here no problem. My mileage wont be as high as last year but I plan to contribute about 1800 miles today for the year. We can do it!

@Tramboman amazing what a little rest and chiro can do for our bods! Well done! Altho I expected more than sleasy based on your description.

Today was 5.07 for me. 15 cum out of whatever I said was my goall... LOL. Focused on pace and quality this year more than pounding out miles on my old bones.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,389 Member
    Options
    We have 12 participants now and I've got locations for everyone except @AlphaHowls, @Teresa502 and @run_sara_run to update the map. Right now it looks like we are mostly Running Around Texas! 😊
    I agree @polskagirl01 we need you! We have enough to cover your $4 so what have you got to lose other than fun?
    We are down to 2 credits so I am going to buy another $20 so that will allow 5 more to join. I can add more at any time if we need them.
  • run_sara_run
    run_sara_run Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    @shanaber I sent you PayPal and I am in Providence, Rhode Island. I can't link to Strava while I'm at work but I'm going to try to remember to do it later. I have about 20 miles to add :)
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    @shanaber wrote: »
    I live in Adams, TN
    I think you already have a TN location from quilteryoyo