January 2022 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,389 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    All I looked into setting up a Run The World 2022 Challenge and now know what the credit issue @SummerSkier hit up against. When you set up a challenge you get 10 credits free. Some number of credits are used for each participant who joins based on the length of the challenge. For a 365 day challenge it requires 4 per participant. We can purchase them 20 for $20. Assuming 30 participants that would be $110 or I can set it up to require a payment to join. They have a 3.5% service fee so it would be $5.40 (USD) per participant.
    Let me know what you all think... I am leaning towards the per participant but not sure if you all will want to pay to participate or not.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,712 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    All I looked into setting up a Run The World 2022 Challenge and now know what the credit issue @SummerSkier hit up against. When you set up a challenge you get 10 credits free. Some number of credits are used for each participant who joins based on the length of the challenge. For a 365 day challenge it requires 4 per participant. We can purchase them 20 for $20. Assuming 30 participants that would be $110 or I can set it up to require a payment to join. They have a 3.5% service fee so it would be $5.40 (USD) per participant.
    Let me know what you all think... I am leaning towards the per participant but not sure if you all will want to pay to participate or not.

I'm willing to contribute $$ join @shanaber.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,799 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO @kgirlhart now tomorrow you can take your easy day while the winds howl and the temps are frigid. I will probably go out in it just because it's such a change....

I am in for the RUn the world also - that's nothing to break the bank .

Rhedd I meant to comment on your heart issues. When they did the echo did they do a stress echo or just normal one? I think my MVP did not show up until I did a stress echo in 2012 or so. Ablation sounds a bit over the top for just starting to get the diagnosis figured out... Also, since it's something new it seems like more investigation is warranted to figure the cause.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,969 Member
    Options
    Question for the "Keeping it Sleasy" RTY team. Do you want me to just count my running miles or is it okay to count my walking miles, as long as they are 3.5 mph or faster? Either way is fine with me.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,976 Member
    Options
    Question for the "Keeping it Sleasy" RTY team. Do you want me to just count my running miles or is it okay to count my walking miles, as long as they are 3.5 mph or faster? Either way is fine with me.

Last year I counted everything. I wish there was a way to not count everything on your team and still count everything as an individual. Is it ok with y'all if I count everything again this year?
  • shanaber
    Options
    @kgirlhart and @quilteryoyo - I am good with counting everything too.

@rheddmobile - I have created an organization called MFP Challenge. If you want to DM me your email address I will add you to the organization if I can. I did see something about merging organizations so if you already have one we may need to do that. They would give us enough credits for 8 participants but I am not sure what would be the best way to distribute them. It may just be easier to set it up with a payment.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Happy new year all!

Great to see you @faebert and @eleanorhawkins! Welcome to everyone joining for the first time or coming back after a while!

I am happy to join run the world again, willing to pay to participate.

Love seeing all the pets!

I am not setting any specific goals for the year right now. Last year my main goals were to run a HM distance once a month and to finish the 46 high peaks. I accomplished both of those. I may continue with the HM challenge. I have a few Spartan race codes I need to use so I hope to do those. I want to try outdoor rock climbing this year. But otherwise I'm just hoping to stay active and be open to possibilities.

I started the year with a 5 mile run this morning - the weather was weirdly mild and the run felt good. I don't have my new spreadsheet set up for the year yet so I'll have to get working on that. I kind of forgot how big a job that is at the start of the year, I should have worked on it over my holiday break!

Oh, and this is my girl, Stella, with her Christmas present - a buffalo horn.
    ha08ao5eitm7.jpg
  • shanaber
    Options
    @katharmonic - I am going through the same thing with my spreadsheets too!
    Love Stella!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,969 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart I'm good with counting everything too.

@julieannegannon So glad you are able to run a little now. Hopefully you'll be able to run more as time goes on. Just don't overdo.

@martaindale Nice seeing the deer on your run.

@Faebert Glad your tummy is feeling better.

Nice running everyone. I'm enjoying everyone's pet/spirit animal pictures too.

It was 72°F (22.2°C) yesterday. Now they are calling for 3 - 6 inches of heavy snow by morning with the temperatures not getting above mid 30's tomorrow. Burr! I'm supposed to work tomorrow, but may wind up being snowed in up here on my little hill. That won't break my heart.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    "Keepin' it sleasy since 1952"

1-1 7k sleasy
    1-2 7k sleasy

January Total: 14k
    January Goal: 140k

Cloudy, low 30s F, with some light snow dancing on the northwest wind off Lake Erie.

Welcome to all the new runners and welcome back to those who have been on hiatus.