Anyone interested in a Beat Saber cardio group?

Options
I play too much Beat Saber, and none of my friends IRL have a virtual reality headset or play rhythm games.

If you have a VR setup and you're looking for fun cardio, Beat Saber is the way to go! Songs include dashing side-to-side, squats, and flailing your arms about wildly. In 30 minutes at my current fitness level, my Fitbit says I'm burning 130+ calories (based on my heart rate and movement; I just set it to general workout).

I play once a day for 30 minutes to an hour. I'm looking for some accountability buddies to play with, so I get my cardio in everyday. Beat Saber just has virtual avatars and no in-game chat, so there's no personally identifying information. To play together, we just have to use the same room code.

Is anyone else interested in working out virtually together? Currently I work out very early in the morning EST (~8am EST / 5am PST) but I'm open to changing that to anytime before noon or after 8pm EST M-F. I play un-modded, so you don't need to do any complicated computer setup to join. I've got the following albums:
  • All of the stock albums that come with the game
  • Lady Gaga
  • Billie Eillish
  • BTS
  • Panic! At the Disco
  • Skrillex
If there's interest, I'll set up a post in the challenges section. Goal would be for us all to get 30 minutes in at least 4 days a week together and share 1 personal high score a week on an individual level for 4 weeks.

Replies

• raemac2021
    raemac2021 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’d love to play! I play Beat Saber usually only 1-2 days a week but longer sessions. Right now, I just join random people online so I’d love to have a set time to play. Not sire I could do 4 days a week though… & I am really only at hard, just learning expert. Have everything you do except skillrex 👍🏻
  • rwoodvet
    rwoodvet Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Over the holidays, my niece brought her Oculus Quest 2 and let me play Beat Saber for the first time. Needless to say, I now own a Quest (as of yesterday) and intend to play Beat Saber to lose weight. I would love to join the group, but I can't do the times suggested as my schedule is sporadic. I will say though, I've increased my energy output by selecting 360 on allowable songs. Another thing I do is take the arrows out on first play to get the hang of the song and block locations, plus its fun to just wildly swing at the blocks without worrying which direction to swing. Then I'll turn the arrows back on and change the speed of the song. It's so much fun and it doesn't feel like I'm working out, except this morning, my arms and legs are on fire, lol.