JUST FOR TODAY--One Day at a Time--Daily Commitment Thread for 2022

Options

Replies

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @anchor123456 - welcome! This is a super friendly group which can really help with motivation. I’m coming back to it after a while away and it feels great to be back.

@cschmitz110515 - glad to hear your cat is better. It’s such a worry isn’t it? Definitely be kind to yourself and enjoy that downtime with your husband after his rough time.

@MrsHermit - sorry to hear you have pains. When I had ‘it’ a year ago, my worst symptom was muscle and joint pain. Take it easy and rest up.

@pridesabtch - no judgment here! I had my Christmas tree down on Boxing Day and the rest down on 1st Jan - but that was because, frankly, 2021 was a pretty bad year for me and I just wanted it over and done with!

Hope everyone is well and having a good weekend. I went to the theatre yesterday with my older daughter, along with her classmates and their parents. They’ve been studying The Woman in Black, and we thought it would be good to see it. My daughters spent the afternoon with their Dad so I walked into the city to meet her there - 4.5 miles. So lots of exercise yesterday. Today I think I will just do a treadmill run as lots of cleaning and laundry to finish.

Saturday goals recap:
    Morning run ✅ 5km/3.1m
    Laundry ✅
    LFT before theatre ✅
    Sort gift card for N ✅
    Book yoga?❌
    Walk to theatre✅
    Meet P at 3:30pm✅
    Stay within calorie goal✅
    Bed by 11.✅

Sunday goals:
    Morning run
    Cleaning
    Laundry
    Return the stupid parcel!!
    Health food store
    Refurb research
    Stay within calorie goal
    Water
    Bed by 10
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    JFT Saturday 15th Jan

Stay under maintenance yes
    Only one snack yes
    Back exercises no
    Foot exercises, my foot is very painful just now yes, some
    Housework yes
    Do something in parents house it was cold there, so brought a bag of papers/photos home to sort

What an exciting Saturday lol. Glad though that I'm at home this weekend. Planning to whizz through the house making it look good, then relax with a film in the evening :)

(I've got some of my favourite chocolate in the fridge...can you believe I'm having to be really strong and not eat it as I'm using it as bait in mouse traps. Seems mice love chocolate and peanut butter, and that's the only choc I have!)

Saturday didn't quite go as planned. I went to my son's for lunch as he had food past it's date needing eaten, so some extra calories there. Evening meal was good, included plenty veg. My 2 sons were in a really freak motor accident which left me feeling very unsettled, so no relaxing film night. Very grateful that no-one was injured, but finding it difficult not to keep picturing it. The damage will only be financial.

JFT Sunday 16th Jan

Stay under maintenance
    Only one snack
    Back exercises
    Foot exercises
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,071 Member
    Options
    I can't even log yesterday.
    The kids kept feeding me chocolates, my MIL brought a homemade cake.. god knows what calories in that.
    Then I had a jacket potato and cheese but didn't weigh..
    Then I ate MORE chocolate. Which was my own fault.
    I just had a weird weird day. I felt weird. I had a 3hr nap and still felt a bit "off".
    Dunno what was wrong with me lol just one of those days I guess.

Anyway rather than stressing myself trying to log that I'm just gonna leave it.
    And carry on today.

I did weigh myself this morning. And I've gone up 2lbs again. But with all the rubbish I ate yesterday I'm not surprised.
    I've not logged the weight yet. Im going to eat clean today, and drink plenty and see what the scale says tomorrow and log that weight.

JFT Sunday 16th

- Log all food, make the right choices.
    - Drink 6 waters
    - Go to town centre with Sask. (Dont wanna do this, she's being a pain with her sisters, but getting her out the house might help)
    - Keep calm (I feel stressy today lol)
    - Exercise
  • Janele0627
    Janele0627 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Today is weigh-in day:
    Starting Weight (July 8, 2021): 212.9 lbs
    January Starting Weight: 200.0 lb
    January Goal Weight: 195 lb
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 125 lb

01/09: 199.7 (- 0.3)
    01/16: 194.0 (- 5.7!!)
    01/23:
    01/30:

Total loss/gain for January: - 6.0 lb

Okay, so the huge "woosh" of weight this week is from being sick. I expect to drop to a much more sustainable, slower rate next week. But it's kind of nice to see on the scale.

I'm really hoping to hit 190 or below before our trip to Florida on February 6th. I know that's only a few weeks away, but at 2 pounds a week, I should be able to do it! I just have to be extra good!

JFT 01/16
    - 64 oz of water
    - 10,000 steps / 5 flights of stairs
    - 30 min of yoga
    - Log everything / Stay green
    - Put laundry away
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,583 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    @MrsHermit Yep! He loves the Fannie May mint meltaways and I got him some for his birthday. I don't eat much of them but I do like to have a few. Funny, but yesterday, even though I gave myself permission (mindfulness), I just didn't get around to it.

JFT for 1/16 (today): ✔️
    1) No dessert today unless I want sugar free or no sugar added (last 1/12) Can have up to 2-3 of Gary's meltaways.
    2) Peanut butter ok today (last 1/13)
    3) Don't weigh again until Monday, 1/17
    4) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 1/14) Note: some parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese.
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. Honey ok today (1-2 Tbsp). (last - 12/13)
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds ok, 1 oz of nut gift ok today
    7) 1 serving dried apricots ok today. (last 1/13)
    8) None of DH's treats today (except as noted under #1). If he leaves some pistachios, I can have them.
    9) No turkey jerky today.
    10)Turkey Vienna sausage ok today

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options

JFT Saturday
    - take V to get Covid booster 😀
    - Get some groceries 😀
    - Shop for Tim’s birthday 😀
    - Take down tree😀
    - Nap😞
    - Log food😀
    - Need by 11:30😀

No goals today. Going to chill and enjoy the snow fall. Have a great day y’all!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,198 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    So far behind reading and posting on here .. each week I vow to get better.
    Since it is late in the day, will post my goals for tomorrow. Suppose to be getting 2-6" of snow tonite.
    JFT, Saturday, 1/15
    1. log all food :s
    2. concentrate on water :s
    3. sew on charity quilts :)
    4. clean house :)
    5. make homemade tomato soup and custard :s Made custard, and chicken pot casserole
    6. if not icy .. go out for a walk :s

I am going to try and read all posts to see what I have missed

JFT, Sunday
    1. LOG FOOD
    2. concentrate on water
    3. tonites dinner .. leftover chicken pot casserole and custard
    4. lunch .. cottage cheese and fruit .. eat light
    5. snack for tonite .. eat only a apple and a piece of cheese. Stay away from the nuts and raisins
    6. work on quilt
    7. work on taxes

Its a cold snowy day .. so just staying inside, working on taxes and sewing :)
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    We took the tree down yesterday, just in time for the township's pickup. It's great to get the space back in the sunroom! Didn't get much else done because my daughter's family came for dinner and a belated birthday celebration for my husband. It was planned for today, but she called just after I posted goals to say she had a conflict. We switched days, so instead of hopping on the bike, I was baking an angel food cake and slicing strawberries. Quite a summery dessert, but it's my husband's favorite (and pretty much the only cake he eats).

Lots on my mind this week as several extended family members have gotten caught in the latest covid wave. My daughter-in-law is isolating in her basement guest suite while my son holds down the fort with the kids. They're 2 and 5 and not happy that mom isn't available, so I'll Zoom with them this afternoon for a bit. Wish I could drop by to help out, but they're in MD. A sister-in-law and two of her kids are sick as well. They also live several states away, but fortunately they have a good support network. Most concerning is that my 81-year-old aunt picked up covid in the hospital where she just had surgery for a broken hip. What makes it especially hard on her and her immediate family is that no one can visit. Terri's "glitter" metaphor is apt. The current variant seems to be everywhere.

So not a lot of extra goals today. Here they are:

Recap - Saturday 1/15
    Log - :)
    Balanced meals - :( Could have done better. Too much salt, sugar, and fat; not enough protein.
    Stay hydrated - :)
    Take down tree - :)
    Indoor bike - No
    Write and mail cards - No
    Bed by midnight - No

JFT Sunday 1/16
    Log
    Balanced meals
    Stay hydrated
    Indoor bike
    Zoom with MD grandkids
    Write cards
    Relax in the evening
    Bed by midnight
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour Commitment - After my dose of metamusal, I won't eat again until after 5 pm. No more mint meltaways or ground turkey today!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, quick check-in before bed. A pretty good day today. Slightly higher calories than the rest of the week, but still well below maintenance so I’m ok with it. Not quite a ‘cheat’ day more a ‘flirted but wasn’t unfaithful’ day…. 😉

Otherwise I did pretty well on goals. Have noticed I drink less water when I’m at home than at work. I guess because I am constantly talking or presenting so notice my thirst. But also because I keep a bottle of water to hand. Must do the same at weekends.

Night all, see you tomorrow x

Sunday goals recap:
    Morning run ✅ 2m
    Cleaning ✅
    Laundry ✅
    Return the stupid parcel!! ✅ 😁
    Health food store ✅
    Refurb research ✅
    Stay within calorie goal ✅
    Water ❌ not enough
    Bed by 10 ✅

Monday goals:
    Morning run
    Take photo of garden area for contractor
    Pack soup and yoghurt
    Walk kids to school
    Keep an eye on water intake
    Update pastoral document
    Mark at lunchtime
    Leave by 4:30
    Stay within calorie goal
    Bed by 10.

• tech_hunter
    tech_hunter Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Well, today ended up a little chaotic, but I got through it pretty well. I COMPLETELY forgot I had a baby shower after church, and we were invited out to lunch with some church friends. So, my hubby went with them, and I stayed at the shower. I made it through the shower with a couple tbsp of chicken salad, some almonds, some celery and cuke with french onion dip, and a Paleo Bar. That was a win. I also did not have any of the chocolate ice cream cake, super tempted. I had weighed this morning and found that I am at 185.6, so that was a huge motivator!

Then this evening we were supposed to have steak and soup, but I had quite the salad (some roasted turkey, an egg, and a little bacon and olives mmmmmmm) and my hubby had soup because the group had gone to Golden Corral. They made money on my man, $16 and he had a piece of chicken with the skin taken off, some chips, and a little salad, I think. He is completely dairy intolerant, so he has to be very careful at buffets.

1/17/2022 JFT:
    -log food, and maybe don't have to completely re-log it late in the day!
    -no snacks
    -horse riding or gym, maybe both? Pipe dream but will try.
  • more_freggies76
    Options

JFT for 1/16 (today): ✔️
    1) No dessert today unless I want sugar free or no sugar added (last 1/12) Can have up to 2-3 of Gary's meltaways.✔️
    2) Peanut butter ok today (last 1/13)✔️
    3) Don't weigh again until Monday, 1/17✔️
    4) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 1/14) Note: some parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese.✔️
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. Honey ok today (1-2 Tbsp). (last - 12/13)✔️
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds ok, 1 oz of nut gift ok today✔️
    7) 1 serving dried apricots ok today. (last 1/13)✔️
    8) None of DH's treats today (except as noted under #1). If he leaves some pistachios, I can have them.✔️
    9) No turkey jerky today.✔️
    10)Turkey Vienna sausage ok today✔️

JFT for 1/17 (tomorrow): ✔️
    1) No dessert today unless I want sugar free or no sugar added (last 1/12) (including DH's meltaways)
    2) No peanut butter today (last 1/16)
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 1/14) Note: some parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese.
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey ok today (1-2 Tbsp). (last - 1/16)
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds ok, none of nut gift today
    7) No dried apricots ok today. (last 1/16)
    8) None of DH's treats today (except as noted under #1). If he leaves some pistachios, I can have them.
    10)No turkey Vienna sausage today (last 1/16)

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrw.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,733 Member
    Options
    JFT - January 15
    Log all food - 🙂
    1.5L of water - 🙂
    Exercise - kept active so chose not to
    Gratitude journal - 🙂

JFT - January 16
    Log all food
    1.5L of water
    Exercise
    Gratitude journal

I feel it was a lazy weekend, but I got all of Christmas put away yesterday. Today I did laundry, baked some banana bread and puttered.

I can’t believe how fast the weekends go. Hello to everyone, I’ve read through.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of "flirting but not unfaithful" :)

JFT Sunday 16th Jan

Stay under maintenance yes
    Only one snack yes
    Back exercises no
    Foot exercises yes

JFT Monday 17th Jan

Stay under maintenance
    Only one snack
    Back exercises
    Foot exercises
    Walk

Can't type much today as some of my fingers are painful, should rest them.
    Have a good week everyone!
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options

No goals today. Going to chill and enjoy the snow fall. Have a great day y’all!

Yesterday was a pretty good day. I went over calories, but I did log it. Today is a holiday for me, but I have a 6:00am Global meeting or I would still be in bed. There was also a snow storm yesterday so the gym isn't opening until noon today. Spin class is at 6:00pm. Looking forward to it. Other than that, I'm going to clean a bit.

JFT Monday
    -Meeting at 6:00am :smiley:
    - Go back to bed
    - Clean dining room and bathroom
    - Stop by Y and do new hire paperwork
    - Log food
    - Stay green
    - Spin Class
    - Try not to die
    - No alcohol
    - bed by 11:30

Happy Monday y'all!
  • more_freggies76
    edited January 2022
    Options

JFT for 1/17 (today): ✔️
    1) No dessert today unless I want sugar free or no sugar added (last 1/12) (including DH's meltaways)
    2) No peanut butter today (last 1/16)
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 1/14) Note: some parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese.
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey ok today (1-2 Tbsp). (last - 1/16)
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds ok, none of nut gift today
    7) No dried apricots ok today. (last 1/16)
    10)No turkey Vienna sausage today (last 1/16)
    11) Going to have coffee stuff early today due to meetings.

• beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Classes start on Wednesday, so it's time to get my act together. I have a lighter teaching load this semester, so I'm hoping to focus on some household projects, clear out some things I don't really need, and reorganize my storage. My husband proposed using this year as a financial test run for retirement, so we'll be working on spending less and using what we have more efficiently.

On the health front, I'm back on track with logging, and my weight is finally going in the right direction again. My food choices have been okay, but could improve. I also need to step up the exercise and maintain a reasonable sleep schedule, but being back at work should help with that.

Recap - Sunday 1/16
    Log - :)
    Balanced meals - :) Pretty good, but too much sodium
    Stay hydrated - :)
    Indoor bike - :)
    Zoom with MD grandkids - My son and the kids had a challenging day, so it didn't work out.
    Write cards - No
    Relax in the evening - :)
    Bed by midnight - No

JFT Monday 1/17
    Log
    Balanced meals
    Stay hydrated
    Exercise
    Laundry
    Zoom with grandkids?
    Write cards
    Update planner
    Bed by midnight
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,067 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    ❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️
    ❄️⛄️JANUARY 2022 ⛄️❄️
    ❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️
    Life Affirmations
    🔹WOTY - CONSOLIDATE
    🔹I am in tune with my dreams
    🔹I know what is right for me
    🔹I will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    🔹I live in congruence with my authentic self
    🔹I am mindful
    🔹I am creative every day
    🔹I foster positivity
    🔹I am compassionate
    Keep your chin up!
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    Personal Stats:
    • Name: Terri
    • Height: 5'2"
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 Sept 2015
    • UGW: 145
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    [*] 31 Dec 2019: 151.2
    [*] 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    [*] Total weight loss: 81.4 lbs
    [*] (30 Dec 2021: 138.6 - Total Loss: 87 lbs)
    [*] 3 Jan 2022: 138.9
    [*] 8 Jan 2022: 135.8 - TL: 91.2

January Daily Habits:
    Week 3
    Sat:👌🏻 Sun:👌🏻 Mon:👌🏻
    Tue: Wed: Thu: Fri:
    1. Weight < 145: ✅3/7 (I weigh each morning after ablutions)
    2. Reduce Fat%: ✅ 29.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 21%
    3. Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.8
    4. Calories in the green ✅3/7
    5. Steps > 7500 ✅ 3/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily✅3/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily ✅3/7
    8. 11pm shutdown of devices✅3/7
    9. Cleanup sweep of ground floor rooms✅3/7
    10. after making bed > 10 minutes of flex✅3/7
    Recap for Sun 16:
    • Meditation 🦄
    • Daily Flex🦄
    • Visit DED to select DEGS’s Grad photos
    • jigsaw: 🦄 crochet:
    • Daily Chores🦄
    • Self Care🦄
    Positive Intentions for Mon 17:
    • Meditation 🦄
    • Daily Flex
    • Hospital appointment 🦄
    • Outdoor walk🦄
    • jigsaw: crochet:
    • Daily Chores
    • Self Care

Had a busy weekend, and then had my follow up gynae checkup this morning. No major problems, follow up in 3 months.

@beachwalker99 When my hubby was made redundant in his late 40s, we discovered that we could manage quite well on my salary. He took over the domestic duties at home, and started working as a volunteer with learning disabled adults, which he found very rewarding. He did eventually get a part-time job in that field. You never know what will come up in life and he certainly enjoyed his second career, at least as much as he did his first career as an engineer.

🦄 Terri