JUST FOR TODAY--One Day at a Time--Daily Commitment Thread for 2022

Replies

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Library volunteering.
    2. Call Laura @ Y about early AM class times.
    3. YMCA class.
    4. Park walk. Call dentist to RS cleaning for April 25-27.
    5. Duolingo. Reading - Libby. Update Goodreads.
    6. Visit family - PHOTOS.
    7. Shoot unboxing vid?
    8. Evening: Laundry. Dinner: Steak. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Update JFT.
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Lang8?
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Create online signups for trunk or treat and farmer's market and backpack blessings. Sat6 Oct 15. Podcast Oct 9. Sat take Starbucks card on walk! Usher 10/13 Thu w Lee. NO podcast Oct 13. When to set up interviews with Alex & Jake about what's needed for teacher prep?? M-F CrossFit trial 12p. Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. Practice Zoom livestream. Tue 10/11 library volunteering.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    Today: 204.0

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

2. Presenting: Promote YT channel. Invite guests.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKayโ€™s.

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit).

5. Doctorate: Research programs, requirements, resources, cost, timeline.

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Do years of service transfer? Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

7. House: Floor joists. Siding. Gutters. Floors.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Ugly Christmas sweater / Hawaiian shirt. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & fam: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba.

10. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. At 199, 1pr black 1pr white leggings; Hawaiian shirt. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Also back and shoulder pain. Why canโ€™t I sleep better? Is ADHD a possible factor? Indochino Atlanta/Nashville. Dentist RS cleaning. PCP Oct 21 10:30 TEL. Therapy Oct 26 8A and Nov 21 11A. How to respond to regressive behavior? Obgyn Mar 16 1P.

WFTY: Focus. We lost a furry friend today and my daughter has taken it really hard. I'm so tired.
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,441 Member
    @clicketykeys so sorry for your loss. Those critters are family, and it hurts when they pass.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,768 Member
    ๐Ÿณ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿณ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿณ
    ๐Ÿณ๐ŸฌOCTOBER 2022๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿณ
    ๐Ÿณ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿณ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿณ
    WEEK 2: 8 - 14 October

Focus for October:
    Eat under goal!

๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿฅ—
    ๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿฅ—
    Active hours > 6
    ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ
    ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ
    Finding this one a little challenging as my group meeting are up and running again ๐Ÿ˜
    Current Solid Habits
    ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป
    ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป
    Activities expand to fill the time available ๐Ÿ˜

๐Ÿฆ„ Terri

@clicketykeys (((Hugs))) So sorry. Our fur babies are with us for such a short while. ๐Ÿฅฒ

• TerriRichardson112
    edited October 2022
    @cschmitz110515
    ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿฅ‚๐ŸŽ‚Happy 65th Birthday ๐ŸŽ‚๐Ÿฅ‚๐ŸŽ‰
    Carmela
    I remember the fall colours. Have a great day.
    I see Orion before bedtime here. And Saturn in the early morning. We have had several nights of clear skies and the the full moon is spectacular.

@pridesabtch
    Glad that you had a lovely birthday with family.
    ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿฅ‚ Many Happy Returns ๐Ÿฅ‚๐ŸŽ‰
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited October 2022
    ๐Ÿฅฐ
  • krishjaye
    krishjaye Posts: 12 Member
    Hello! Back on MFP. I threw out my back the other day just by coughing. I read about how to recover, and it said I need to exercise and stretch.

I have been a lazy bum for ages, with a love for cheese, and noodles with runny eggs.

I don't like the way that I feel, and it's time I get motivated again!!!

Feel free to add me. I don't remember how to do it! I am 31 with 40 lbs to lose. Thank you!

JFT-
    1. Track my food
    2. Take a walk
    3. Duolingo
    4. Puzzles for my brain
    5. Stretch!!!!
    6. No bevvies
  • emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 478 Member
    Goals for 10/11
    - Yoga
    - Nutritionist appointment
    - 32 oz of water
    - Try to get back on track with eating
    - Try to get somewhat caught up with work

Havenโ€™t been able to eat much lately due to antibiotics making my digestive issues worse instead of better. I have a follow up appointment with my doctor tomorrow to figure out if I need to just try and stick it out for another week and a half or if thereโ€™s some other solution.

Also Iโ€™m miles behind at work, mostly because I was feeling sick from the medicine and couldnโ€™t focus long enough to get stuff done last week and over the weekend.

One step at a time I guessโ€ฆ
  • pridesabtch
    JFT Goals
    - Up by 7:00 :(
    - Weigh :smiley:
    - Work by 8:00 :(
    - Meetings :smiley:
    - Customer complaint management :smiley:
    - Web Portal clean up :smiley:
    - Mini meals :smiley:
    - Log Food :smiley:
    - Check in with MFP :smiley:
    - Wish Carmella a happy birthday and happy retirement :wink:
    - Walk :smiley:
    - Grocery :(
    - Dinner :smiley:
    - Sleep :smiley:

Yesterday was a bit awful at work. I guess I was having a full blown panic attack complete with chest pains. Luckily I kept the tears to a minimum. The control freak in me is definitely not enjoying the fact that I need to count on others to do their job.

Today I have to take mom back to get the results of her dementia testing. She doesn't want to go, and I don't blame her, but it needs to happen. Hopefully she doesn't take it out on me.

Other than that, shopping trip at SAM's and Bible study, maybe a walk if there is time before Bible Study.

JFT Tuesday
    - Up by 7:00 :smiley:
    - Weigh :smiley: it was up, but I did it
    - Work by 8:00 :smiley:
    - Meetings
    - Documents
    - QARs
    - Complaint management
    - Check in with MFP
    - Log food
    - Order flowers for a friend's funeral
    - Take mom to doctor
    - SAM's
    - Walk
    - Bible Study
    - Dinner
    - Bed by 11:00

Y'all have a stellar day!
  • emgracewrites
    The control freak in me is definitely not enjoying the fact that I need to count on others to do their job./quote]

The control freak in me completely understands how you feel. Hang in there!
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 3,007 Member
    [quote="more_freggies76;c-47082218"
    JFT for 10/10/2022 (yesterday)โœ”๏ธ
    1) No dessert today, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added (last 10.9).โœ”๏ธ
    2) None of DH's stash today & none of the pie and ice cream leftover that my friend brought.โœ”๏ธ
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 10/5)โœ”๏ธ
    4) Don't weigh again until Friday, 10/14.โœ”๏ธ
    5) No cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 10/9). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.โœ”๏ธ
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok)โœ”๏ธ
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g), but none of Gary's peanuts today.โœ”๏ธ
    8) No beef jerky today.โœ”๏ธ
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage todayโœ”๏ธ
    [/quote]
    JFT for 10/11/2022 (today)โœ”๏ธ
    1) No dessert today, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added (last 10.9).
    2) None of DH's stash today & none of the pie and ice cream leftover that my friend brought.
    3) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 10/5)
    4) Don't weigh again until Friday, 10/14.
    5) Up to 1.5 oz cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 10/9). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok)
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g), but none of Gary's peanuts today.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage today
  • more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch except salad stuff. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Laundry.
    2. Call Laura @ Y about early AM class times.
    3. YMCA class.
    4. Park walk.
    5. Duolingo. Reading - Libby. Update Goodreads. Set up Sat6.
    6. Pickleball.
    7. Shoot unboxing vid?
    8. Evening: Livestream. Dinner: Pizza. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Update JFT.
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Lang8?
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Create online signups for trunk or treat and farmer's market and backpack blessings. Sat6 Oct 15. Podcast Oct 9. Sat take Starbucks card on walk! When to set up interviews with Alex & Jake about what's needed for teacher prep?? Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. Practice Zoom livestream. Thursday zoo afternoon and ushering evening! NO PODCAST. When can we take recycling? McKay's with Cora for driving practice?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    Today: 204.6

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

2. Presenting: Promote YT channel. Invite guests.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKayโ€™s.

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit).

5. Doctorate: Research programs, requirements, resources, cost, timeline.

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Do years of service transfer? Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

7. House: Floor joists. Siding. Gutters. Floors.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Ugly Christmas sweater / Hawaiian shirt. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & extended family: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba.

10. Immediate family: 20m room cleaning daily. When room is clean, nap together. Zoo Thursday. Drive white car together; practice solo driving.

11. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. At 199, 1pr black 1pr white leggings; Hawaiian shirt. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Also back and shoulder pain. Why canโ€™t I sleep better? Is ADHD a possible factor? Indochino Atlanta/Nashville. Dentist RS cleaning. PCP Oct 21 10:30 TEL. Therapy Oct 26 8A and Nov 21 11A. How to respond to regressive behavior? Obgyn Mar 16 1P.

WFTY: Focus. As Walter Donovan says in the third Indiana Jones movie, "It's time to ask yourself what you believe."
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence.
  • more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - After I finish my carrots and peanut butter, I won't eat again until tomorrow.
  • more_freggies76
    JFT for 10/11/2022 (today)โœ”๏ธ
    1) No dessert today, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added (last 10.9).โœ”๏ธ
    2) None of DH's stash today & none of the pie and ice cream leftover that my friend brought.โœ”๏ธ
    3) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 10/5)โœ”๏ธ
    4) Don't weigh again until Friday, 10/14.โœ”๏ธ
    5) Up to 1.5 oz cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 10/9). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.โœ”๏ธ
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok)โœ”๏ธ
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g), but none of Gary's peanuts today.โœ”๏ธ
    8) No beef jerky today.โœ”๏ธ
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage todayโœ”๏ธ
    JFT for 10/12/2022 (tomorrow)โœ”๏ธ
    2) None of DH's stash today & none of the pie and ice cream leftover that my friend brought.
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 10/11)
    5) No cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 10/11). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    8) No beef jerky today.
  • emgracewrites
    Goals for 10/11
    - Yoga
    - Nutritionist appointment โœ…
    - 32 oz of water
    - Try to get back on track with eating ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ
    - Try to get somewhat caught up with work โœ…

Pretty pleased with how work went today - managed to get a good bit accomplished. Nutritionist appointment didnโ€™t go as badly as I thought as far as the weigh-in was concerned.

Havenโ€™t had all my water or done my yoga yet today, but Iโ€™m going to try and get both done before I go to bed.

Getting back on track with eatingโ€ฆ I got more calories in my body today, thatโ€™s for sure, but it definitely wasnโ€™t healthy. Will try to do better tomorrow.

• krishjaye
    krishjaye Posts: 12 Member
    Hello! Back on MFP. I threw out my back the other day just by coughing. I read about how to recover, and it said I need to exercise and stretch.

I have been a lazy bum for ages, with a love for cheese, and noodles with runny eggs.

I don't like the way that I feel, and it's time I get motivated again!!!

Feel free to add me. I don't remember how to do it! I am 31 with 40 lbs to lose. Thank you!

JFT-
    1. Track my food
    2. Take a walk
    3. Duolingo
    4. Puzzles for my brain
    5. Stretch!!!!
    6. No bevvies

Yesterday went very well! Did a 9 mile walk. Only thing I didn't do was Duolingo.

So just for Wednesday:

1. Track my food
    2. Take a walk
    3. Duolingo or crochet, or Hey - Both!
    4. Puzzles for my brain
    5. Stretch!!!!
    6. No (alky) bevvies
    7. Chew more thoroughly
    8. Make healthy dinner again

I'm really enjoying cooking at home again. For some reason, I always thought I'd get a pitiful amount of food if I cooked from scratch, so I'd get premade meals because I thought the effort wouldn't be worth it.

But actually, wow we both got a ton of salad these last few days! And it's all fresh!

Feel free to add me if you'd like. I don't know how to add people on here anymore!
  • emgracewrites
    Goals for 10/12
    - yoga
    - Minimum 40 oz of water
    - Grocery store

Water is my main focus today. Nutritionist wants me to aim for 64 oz a day, which is at least double what I normally drink right now. Increasing slowly but surely
  • pridesabtch

JFT Tuesday
    - Weigh :smiley: it was up, but I did it
    - Meetings :smiley:
    - Documents :smiley:
    - QARs :smiley:
    - Complaint management :smiley:
    - Check in with MFP :smiley:
    - Log food :neutral: I totally went off the rails yesterday evening
    - Order flowers for a friend's funeral :smiley:
    - Take mom to doctor :smiley:
    - SAM's :( Forgot my card
    - Walk :( Home too late
    - Bible Study :smiley:
    - Dinner :smiley:
    - Bed by 11:00 :smiley:

Y'all have a stellar day!

Yesterday was busy, but I didn't get as much done as I needed to. Work was stressful and non-stop until I left at 2:00 to take mom for her follow-up appointment for her dementia evaluation. The evaluation was pretty conclusive that she has Alzheimer's, which is good and bad. Good because there are medications that can slow progression, but bad because that is a long awful disease. Mom took the news pretty well all things considered. We will follow up with her regular doctor for treatment options. After I dropped her off at home, I went to SAM's to buy goodies for the crew team. Unfortunately, I couldn't find my membership card so it was a no go. All I ended up doing was making it so I got home too late to grab a walk before Bible Study. Bible Study was ok, I wasn't really prepared, but that's ok it was still nice to fellowship. My eating was not on point yesterday...

I think the Alzheimer diagnosis is really just now hitting me as I type this. It really is an awful disease. One I'm not ready to experience.

This evening we are going to a viewing/visitation for a dear friend who has gone to be with the Lord. She was the most positive Christian woman I've ever known. I put her up there with my great grandma in influence, that is pretty high praise. Sandy was just one of those people who put herself out there, god, bad and redeemed. I suck at going to these things. I tend to get overly emotional and make a fool out of myself. Hopefully, taking the anxiety meds will take the edge off. Sandy was sick for a long time, and she is most definitely in a better more peaceful and joyful place.

After the viewing, I'll try going to SAM's again. Still can't find my card so I'll need to get a new one, but that is doable.

JFT Wednesday
    - Weigh :( I'd like to say I didn't have time, but truth is I didn't want to look today
    - Meetings
    - Check in with MFP
    - More meetings
    - mini meals
    - log food
    - leave work by 5:00
    - viewing
    - SAM's
    - Dinner
    - Bed by 11:00

Take it easy y'all!

• more_freggies76
    JFT for 10/12/2022 (today)โœ”๏ธ
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 10/11)
    5) No cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 10/11). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    Hour commitment - I won't have my coffee stuff until 8 am.
  • more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.