Hello

Options
I am newly married, have 6 kids and 4 dogs, and run my own business. I have been overweight for 20 years, am pre diabetic, and have high blood pressure.

I want to be healthier and thinner. I turn 40 in October and am going to Hawaii in November. I want to lose weight slowly as I’m hoping not to end up with a lot of extra skin.

I am looking for friends with similar goals and accountability.

Thank you!

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,202 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!
    You sound like you have a very busy life, kudos on putting your own health on your list of priorities!
    Trying to avoid loose skin certainly is a reason to lose weight slowly (that was also my concern when I started losing weight more than two years/70lbs ago. But it has other bonuses too :smile: Not being (as) hungry since you can eat more while losing weight and also having more time to think about strategies to improve your lifestyle and keep the weight off once you reach your goal. I think aiming for slow losses is one of the success factors for weight loss, so you're off to a good start!
    Personally I find the the forums a great place for absorbing knowledge and strategies and asking for help if needed (and just generally 'keeping my head in the game'), so stick around :smile:
    Wishing you success!