How often do you record your weight?

Options
124»

Replies

• amyx593
    amyx593 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, but only record it when I see a drop in weight that has been consistent for several days.
  • svsl0928
    svsl0928 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I weight everyday. Only record lose when it is a pound or more
  • PinkLotus4
    PinkLotus4 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    On Saturday it will be a week since I signed up ....I have been tempted to record my drop for a couple of days now...lol...just two more days to go to make it a full week :)
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Record it whenever you want to. Whatever works for you. I record whenever i lose, which depending on the week/weeks can be every 3 days or every 10 days. I also know a lot of people that dont record gains. I do record all my gains and losses every day on my phone though.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    A weigh in once every week or every other week is enough for me. If I weigh, I record.
  • mike_ny
    mike_ny Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Every morning and sometimes also in the afternoon or evening. It's good to see how weight does fluctuate quite a bit, which helps me to not freak out when I gain two or three pounds overnight since I know I'll most likely drop it the next day or two. The body is a dynamic system with all kinds of things going on like water retention, building and depleting glycogen stores, food still in transit, etc... so you really can't take individual daily deltas too seriously.

The advantage of daily weighing, though, is if you do have some real weight gain going on consistently over a few days, it's better to catch it early than to wait a week and then find out you put on several real pounds you need to lose again.
  • sjanejack
    sjanejack Posts: 158
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week.
  • stacyhaddenham
    stacyhaddenham Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I weigh and record once a week on Mondays. Though a couple of times I did step on the scale sooner and record it just for fun. lol I think how often and what you record as far as gains and losses depends on the kind of record you want MFP to give you. Do you just want to see the ticker go down or do you want to see if there are any trends you should be aware of?
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    As I use a Fitbit Aria scale - and I obsess about the scale (yes - I know - not positive) AND my trainer and nutritionist has asked that I weigh daily at the same time every day - first thing - I weigh daily, and Aria records it in MFP daily.

Not trying to overload folks feed - but since I desire both to be connected to MFP - that is just how it records.

You can customize what is shared in your settings. All the things that look like they are posting automatically, can be controlled by the user. I log my weight daily, but have turned off the option to have that post onto my wall every time I have a loss (usually the same 2 pounds, lol!).
  • sportsjunkee70
    sportsjunkee70 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I record my weight once a week. My weigh-in's are on Sunday mornings.
  • fayeliquete
    Options
    I weigh in once a week, Because it is the beginning of a new week I picked Monday .
  • SutapaMukherji
    SutapaMukherji Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily first thing in the morning but I only record it once a week. Even if I go up, I still record it.

This is me
  • Fattackler2013
    Fattackler2013 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself every day because I'd obsess over my weight and I wanted to see quick results, however it's not going to happen that way. I'm only going to weigh myself once a month from now on.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I try to record weekly.
  • Eli716
    Eli716 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning to see if I'm going in the right or wrong direction. No matter the number, I log it on my personal calendar. If I lose at least half a pound, I'll post it on MFP. My friends here are awesome and build up the confidence of staying focused.

Weighing yourself, in my opinion, depends on the person. If you'll have a heart attack because you gain a pound in a day, weigh once a week. (Weighing yourself morning AND night can be pointless because the numbers will fluctuate!)

An idea a friend gave me. Way once a month on the "anniversary" you've joined! Example, I joined August 8th, so I should weigh on September 9th to see how much progress I have done, good or bad. (But hopefully good!)