Feb 10 - 12 - 2 drink limit
    Feb 13-15 AF
    Feb 16-17 - 2 drinks
    Feb 18-19- went a little off the rails oops
    Feb 20- 23 - AF - Feeling good!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,602 Member
    Options
    I am in, with my usual goal: 16-20AF days per month. I had 18 last month.

Diary Style is how I roll.

Friday Feb 20 - 2 drinks
    Saturday Feb 19 - 3 drinks all together, I had a piccolo of Freixenet with cheese for lunch (one flute) and then 2 drinks in the evening. Planned AF for Sunday
    Sunday Feb 20 - AF - Running out of month already! We are getting an Arctic Cold front coming through here over the next few days.
    Monday Feb 21 - AF - The temperature dropped 30 degrees overnight. Hard on the joints when that happens.
    Tuesday Feb 22 - AF - Trying to rack some up.

Rolling total: 13AF days out of 22 days
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    lmlmrn wrote: »
    Ok my AF- AL family (alcohol free - alcohol less).
    I have been feeling soo good. I did not get back into my exercise routine yet, look out tomorrow. I retested and I am covid free....lol so I am out of jail. We did go out to lunch yesterday and I did drink 2 beers. So still doing well, in my mind, with less.

So DH surprised me by doing more downsizing of his business in anticipation of retiring. In 2019 we agreed that 2025, January to be specific was the official retirement date. DH bought this business when he was in his early 20's. He just turned 66. It is a small business and currently only has 1 employee who has been with him for 15+ years. So anyway my point is, he is moving things along towards his retirement. Something I was not expecting him to move with this amount of vision on how long it will take him. After all it is his baby so to speak.

Anyway I am proud he is doing so well mentally about letting go. We will see how he is doing 6 months in of, no having to get up at 5am any longer.

Ok I am off for now

Footloose and Covid Free! So happy for you!

I’m also happy to hear your husband took a big step toward winding down the business. What a thing to see your plans coming to fruition!
  • Womona
    Options
    Measured out a 4 oz. glass of wine with a delicious dinner made by my wonderful son. Working out tomorrow morning, so didn’t want to overdo it.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options

Friday Feb 20 - 2 drinks
    Saturday Feb 19 - 3 drinks all together, I had a piccolo of Freixenet with cheese for lunch (one flute) and then 2 drinks in the evening. Planned AF for Sunday
    Sunday Feb 20 - AF - Running out of month already! We are getting an Arctic Cold front coming through here over the next few days.
    Monday Feb 21 - AF - The temperature dropped 30 degrees overnight. Hard on the joints when that happens.
    Wednesday Feb 23 - AF - Planned drinks on the weekend, possibly drinks before and after the theatre on Thursday night also. Seeing a local production of Annie Baker's "Aliens" which looks interesting.

Rolling total: 14AF days out of 23 days
  • Womona
    Options
    One glass of wine tonight with the “wine club” at work. I noticed I got a little loud about half a glass in- that’s on an empty stomach. During dinner I’m much better, ans way less embarrassingly loud.
  • lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    So I still have not got back to my workout routine and I am hoping for a fresh start on Monday.
    Tomorrow I am making a loaf of rye bread for my little brother who will be over Saturday for our belated B/D party for DH.
    I am also going to attach the 'closet' area in my home office. Today I tackle the kitchen counters and rearranged them.
    Are there any DIY'er's in this group? I am looking for a good make-up brush solution to clean my brushes that won't leave them dry.So far I have not had much luck making it on my own. I have used witch hazel, garnier makeup remover, water, dawn, castile soap and leave in conditioner. Combinations of these ingredients.

I am open LOL
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,522 Member
    Options
    I've had 2 back-to-back long work days that end at 7 pm. and this is affecting my morning work-outs. And with my schedule dererailed, it's not good but I am eating and drinking less. I'm with you, @lmlmrn, I too need to get back to the exercise routine and I am trying for Saturday. About brushes, that's a good question. Honestly I have not used a makeup brush since I was maybe 35. I'm a low-makeup person, just moisturizer and sunshine for color. But I hear great things about Ulta and they sell an inexpensive product for cleaning make-up brushes.
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    February accountability: 6/28 days AF
    Alcohol: 18 days (34 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 1-2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days per month. Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row.

2/18 - 2 wine
    2/19 - 2 wine
    2/20 - 3 drinks; 1 Bloody Mary @ brunch; 2 wine @ dinner (Travel in Baton Rouge for granddaughter's baptism)
    2/21 - AF book club

DH decided to drink less
    2/22 - AF
    2/23 - AF

DH asked if he needed to get wine since my sister was coming to dinner … we agreed “no”
    2/24 - AF

ALWAYS helps me when DH is not buying and opening bottles of wine every night!
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    @Lilylady3k nice seeing you back and good job keeping things moderate this month. Having an AF dinner with your sister -- that seems like a big step out of the norm. Good for DH for supporting that and good for you to put your goal over habit.

@lmlmrn It's amazing how long my makeup has lasted during the pandemic :D I do use makeup brushes and they're 20-25 years old. I think they are difficult to clean thoroughly, and I do it only about once annually. I know makeup sales people say to do it more often, but I think that does wear them out faster. The thing that I think slowly destroys them is getting the area where the bristles are fastened to the handle wet. The product I use to clean them is also 20-25 years old and same brand as brushes themselves -- Tish McEvoy. Maybe your brush maker has a specific cleaner they recommend? Honestly, the physicist in me thinks all soap work the same way, and it does work so soap (vs. rinse alone) is effective, but which brand matters less. I suspect it's the soap concentration that matters most.

Happy Friday, all. AF so far this week and looking forward to moderate drinks this weekend. Plus mocktail experiments if AF spirits arrive.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options

Friday Feb 20 - 2 drinks
    Wednesday Feb 23 - AF - Planned drinks on the weekend, possibly drinks before and after the theatre on Thursday night also. Seeing a local production of Annie Baker's "Aliens" which looks interesting.
    Thursday Feb 24 - 2 drinks after the play.

Rolling total: 14AF days out of 24 days
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    I don't know anything about cleaning brushes so that they are not hard later.
    Micellar water possibly? Many of the brands have ones that are also moisturizing.

I don't have any expensive brushes, so I just throw them out.

My small paint brushes I just use water.
  • lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    ahoy_m8 wrote: »
    @lmlmrn It's amazing how long my makeup has lasted during the pandemic :D I do use makeup brushes and they're 20-25 years old. I think they are difficult to clean thoroughly, and I do it only about once annually. I know makeup sales people say to do it more often, but I think that does wear them out faster. The thing that I think slowly destroys them is getting the area where the bristles are fastened to the handle wet. The product I use to clean them is also 20-25 years old and same brand as brushes themselves -- Tish McEvoy. Maybe your brush maker has a specific cleaner they recommend? Honestly, the physicist in me thinks all soap work the same way, and it does work so soap (vs. rinse alone) is effective, but which brand matters less. I suspect it's the soap concentration that matters most.

Happy Friday, all. AF so far this week and looking forward to moderate drinks this weekend. Plus mocktail experiments if AF spirits arrive.

I too look at soap kinda the same way, and since I make my own liquid and solid soap from Olive oil, KOH and water I would think they would work well. But I noticed it really does not remove the makeup. I think the waterproof properties (that and I make my own makeup too) have a small amount of wax and oil so I am thinking I need almost a conditioner and something to dissolve the waxy type film and care for the bristles. The makeup has mineral oxides, clay, wax and some light oil. There are a few other things (for aging skin) but that is the jist of it.

AF last night, but may have something tonight not sure yet