Intro Time -- Long Time Lurker

Options
Hi! My name is John. I'm 43 and have a 4 year old son. I love cooking, bourbon, and craft beer. It had been a couple years since my last physical, due to covid and just not scheduling one...

The NP that did the physical would not let me leave without heart medication (20mg of Lisinopril, daily. My labs came back with not great cholesterol and A1C readings as well.

The NP specifically suggested a low sodium diet, and because of elevated A1C numbers, a follow up call suggested a low carb diet as well.

So, here I am, in my mid 40's.. with motivation to shed some pounds as well as get off this medication.. I started off this journey at 298.6 So far, I've dropped 16.6 pounds since February 24, simply by tracking everything, but know that I will hit a plateau soon, when my body starts to realize it's new calorie norms.

zz55c5mjg5r3.jpg
r7zf0fxhumwc.jpg

Replies

• ferriswheelur
    ferriswheelur Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Hi John. Good on you. Keep going strong. Excellent so far. I am only in week 2. Have lost 11lbs. But as you say the starts the big loss and dreading the plateau. I have at least another 50-60 pounds to go to be at a far more acceptable BMI. Feels different this time. Also in my 40’s with young child. Needs to work this time.
  • YinFL
    YinFL Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi John. I am in the same boat. Life gets crazy and I go off track. My blood chemistry is looking crappy at the moment too. So I am buckling down and trying to be diligent. One of my friends has been doing keto and has lost 43 lbs since the beginning of the year so I am taking a page from her book. Its only been a few weeks but it is good to have support and people to get ideas from
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,477 Member
    Options
    Hey John, sounds like you're off to a good start! Keep it up!