ColetteM6 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Well put. I feel your pain
  • TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options
    So... you're 50 years old and use terms like "haters"

I think I see the problem.

Wow, I had no idea there was an age cutoff for using slang! Thanks for the heads-up! (Could you tell me what age it is, exactly, just so I don't miss the cutoff?)

That's hilarious. I'd like to know, too.
  • chevyimpalagirl
    chevyimpalagirl Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yeah those sure are a bunch of haters. If I were you I would smile at them everytime I see them. It's obvious that they are jealous of you. You probably can't see it but I sure do. People will always hate when they see that you are doing good. Now when they stop talking about you that my dear is when you know you are doing something wrong LOL
    like my saying goes "don't hate me cause you ain't me". You just keep doing what your doing. Brush their negativity off of your shoulders and keep it moving like a boss.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Would a mom joke be appropriate?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

Awesome! Would you please be a little devil on my shoulder the next time I have to attend one of my sister's get-togethers? I can never think of these things when the time is right.

feel free to take them. be aware they tend to not go over well- but I also give no fCk.

:D

but yeah- I'd definitely come be the devil to whisper on your ear- sometimes you just gotta stand up and say the mean thing.
    Would a mom joke be appropriate?
    your mom jokes are NEVER inappropriate

neither are "your face" jokes.

and why is every thread turning into a Miley thread? god bless her in her latex panties- distracting us from the real true life haters in the world.
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    GOOD FOR YOU on your weight loss!!! Keep it up! Green is such an ugly color on some people isn't it?

This :)
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    In my opinion those who put others down are not that happy ...

Often it is that. People like to deflect their own self-loathing onto others.

But sometimes it also depends how people know you... whether they have always known you big... whether they have known you at a lower weight before...

I recently joined a new team at work. There is a lady there who lost a lot of weight. I think she looks great, but she gets subtle (or not so subtle) grief from people about having gone "too far" and "looking gaunt". Her colleagues have always known her "big" and I think to some extent she fulfilled a certain social role in her team as the "larger than life" character (much of it was put on if you speak to her...). I think it must be hard when people make you feel like you're "no longer you" for having lost weight and perhaps sometimes a "new me" is exactly what some people need, but that might mean losing some people on the way.

I'm glad that most people know me at my normal weight, i.e. before my gains, and I get a lot less grief for trying to what for me is "getting back to normal". :ohwell:
  • mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Just remember this: If you have haters then you must be doing something right.
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    for the record, I give permission for 50 years young women the right to say haters.
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    for the record, I give permission for 50 year old women the right to say haters.

IFIFY
  • younginaz
    younginaz Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Name an awesome person without haters. I dare you. :)

OMG. I love this!!
  • Southern_Belle_LA
    Southern_Belle_LA Posts: 931 Member
    Options
    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent"
  • TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options
    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent"

E. Roosevelt was on point when she said this. I love it!
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    No one can make me eat tofu without my consent either!
  • UKMarjie
    UKMarjie Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Welcome to being a woman - where people feel free to comment about your body and discuss your body with you. If you are overweight they tell you about it, if you are thin they tell you about it. We are public property in general (look at celebrity gossip mags and how many lines of print are devoted to dissecting the bodies of women in the public eye). It is not acceptable and people should be told so full stop. If someone discusses these things with you, whatever their weight or situation, you should tell them "I am not comfortable having a public discussion about my appearance. It is not anyone's business but mine."

That of course means that you are not to discuss it with anyone but a select group. If you invite people to discuss it with you by offering unsolicited advise then you get what you deserve sadly.

At the gym I get a lot of the questions about how I did it. I tell them about MFP - if they want to know more then I will discuss it. But if someone comes at me with a off colour comment to begin with then I will give them my shut down comment. I don't like the whole 'when are you going to stop' discussion. I don't know myself and thus am not equipped to be the center of a debate like that. I want lasting health is usually my answer - and it is amazing how that shuts people up.