Challenge: Join a Hogwarts Quidditch Team!

Options
e93marie
e93marie Posts: 12 Member
c27jp9etrpot.png

Pick a team then a position and do the exercises that come with it. Have fun, get fit, and make friends. I think you can get something out of this even if you aren't partial to Harry Potter... Or at least that's what I hope for 😅.

I did this to keep things interesting and make friends 😀. I hope someone gets enjoyment out of this.

Let's get started!

First select a Hogwarts team below. I think this can be a good ice breaker. Comment why you picked that team. Do you like the crest? Are you a fan? Do you like the values it stands for? Or is it something else?

dslw28wequow.jpg

Team Slytherin
Core values: ambition, leadership, resourcefulness, cunning.

ronokrf8l4ne.jpg

Team Hufflepuff
Core values: hard work, dedication, patience, and fair play.

7iswckraifoz.jpg

Team Ravenclaw
Core values: curiosity, creativity, wit, and learning.

eqrlnuuhlezu.jpg

Team Gryffindor
Core values: Courage, chivalry, daring, and confidence.

Select a position below.

Each position has different focus areas. (I coincide it with what makes sense for the actual positions because I am a nerd lol.) There are example exercises for each focus area. Feel free to use them or use your own instead.

Chaser
âš« Cardio - jump rope, burpees, eliptical, stair stepper, jumping jacks, jogging.

âš« Core Strength - squats, Russian twists, side bend, leg press, planks, ab roll outs.

âš« Coordination - Dribbling ( basket ball with hands or soccer ball with feet), cross crawl, bear crawl, walking lunges, high knees, cross overs (karaokes).

Seeker
âš« Agility - plyometric jumps, dot drills, step ups, tuck jumps, plank jack, medicine ball drills.

âš« Balance - reverse lunge knee ups, lateral bounds, stand on one leg, single standing leg lifts, single leg deadlift, wobble board exercises.

âš« Focus - yoga, tai-chi, HIIT, shadow boxing, martial arts forms, throwing balls at targets.

Beater
âš« Strength - resistance bands, weight lifting, weighted machines, body weight exercises, superman/back extensions, rowing.

âš« Stamina - mountain climbers, wall sits, boat pose, side planks, cycling, swimming.

âš« Reflexes - side shuffles, double end bag, focus mitt combos, short sprints, dumbbell snatches, wall balls.

Keeper
âš« Speed - tempo runs, glute bridge, clam shells, ladder drills, fartleks, suicides.

âš« Flexibility - standing side stretch, the forward hang, cross over stretch, cobra, eagle arms, crow face pose.

âš« Endurance - static holds, squats, push ups, bicycle sit ups, long distance running.

Team Captain
âš« A leader should know a bit about every position. Preform an exercise for every focus area from each position. That makes you a captain.

Details

The challenge time limit is a week long from the day you start.To complete the challenge you must finish an exercise for each of the 3 focus areas in your chosen position. (Remember you can use your own exercises mine are just examples.)

The freedom is yours of how to incorporate the exercises in your routine. Theoretically it could be done in 1 day but you have 7 to complete it so there's no rush.

After making the team start scoring points.

Points will always be logged for each team. At the end of the month the team with the most points wins. Then the system for earning points will renew.

âš« 1 point for completing a single exercise. (Can be done once daily per exercise.)

âš« 10 points for completing all focus areas for a single position. (Can be done once daily for each position.)

âš« 50 points for becoming a team captain. (Once monthly.)

Catch the snitch!

âš« 150 points goes to the person who completes 4 days of exercise over the course of 5 days (one day of rest). Exercises must include all 3 focus areas for one position in one day. Each of the 4 days must be dedicated to each of the 4 positions.

Posting

Your first post should include your team (reason why), position, and selected exercises. You could also add your sets, reps, weight, and time if you feel comfortable. Put whatever else you would like to introduce yourself and where you are on your fitness journey.

After that posts should then be progress reports, questions, tips, motivation, and support. As well as anything relevant that I didn't consider.

Good luck to everyone I know you can do it!