1235»

Replies

• claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Wait.

Oreos?

Thanks. Now I want an Oreo.

Okay I’m going to be really contentious and unpopular here but… Oreos? Meh. Just an average biscuit. Now a Fox’s Chocolate Round - THAT is a classy biccie.

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,390 Member
    Options
    Wait.

Oreos?

Okay I’m going to be really contentious and unpopular here but… Oreos? Meh. Just an average biscuit. Now a Fox’s Chocolate Round - THAT is a classy biccie.

Oreos taste like nothing to be honest. Just sugar and a hint of cocoa. I'm totally into Dutch cookies: Bokkepootjes, eierkoeken, roze koeken, and my personal favourite: bitterkoeken (sticky almond paste cookies)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,147 Member
    Options
    Wait.

Oreos?

Not even that, IMO. Two rounds of dark brown fiberboard, filled with deminted dollar store toothpaste. I don't understand about Oreos. Smashed up, they're OK in something like ice cream, but wouldn't be my top choice there, either.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,956 Member
    Options
    Wait.

Oreos?

Never said they were classy. :tongue:

Crumbled Oreo pieces on vanilla ice cream with fresh strawberries is one of my favorite treats. I buy just the pieces or sometimes a dollar store pack of Oreos.

I think there was a million-page thread about Oreos a long time back on MFP - it's a polarizing topic!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,595 Member
    Options
    Wait.

Oreos?

Never said they were classy. :tongue:

Crumbled Oreo pieces on vanilla ice cream with fresh strawberries is one of my favorite treats. I buy just the pieces or sometimes a dollar store pack of Oreos.

I think there was a million-page thread about Oreos a long time back on MFP - it's a polarizing topic!

When I get frozen yogurt, I always top it with the Oreo pieces.

I've been buying knock off sandwich cookies from the There Are Still 99 Cent Items Here and the They Should Change The Name To The $1.25 Store and you can definitely tell the diffrrence. The knock off Oreos are more cocoa...ey and less sweet. Same with the vanilla and probably lemon but those work better.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,626 Member
    Options
    I like cookies. The cookies I like are 50% fats and 50% carbs. I guess they fit equally not well in both low carb and low fat diets! They don't fit very well in my caloric budget... not in the quantity I would prefer to consume them at!

I was recently asked if I wanted the cookie or pretzel option. To those in the "know" this would be 15 pretzels or ONE cookie. Used to be TWO (different) cookies. Caloric count is 50 vs 80. You can only make one cookie last soooooo long :wink: Oh... the pretzels are mini pretzels... it is very entertaining trying to double check whether you got 14 or 16 especially if there are a few broken ones in there.

Hmmm.... that's not the amount of cookies I would eat out of a box at home :lol:
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Wait.

Oreos?

Not even that, IMO. Two rounds of dark brown fiberboard, filled with deminted dollar store toothpaste. I don't understand about Oreos. Smashed up, they're OK in something like ice cream, but wouldn't be my top choice there, either.

If you put it that way, they sound terrible. But why did my mint toothpaste never ever taste good dunked in milk?
    I used to love Oreos. :/
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,714 Member
    Options
    Carbs are not bad, it drives me up the blinkin wall.

It is the quantity that can be the issue, and part of that for me is what 'type' of carb your talking about. I prefer porridge for breakfast or wholemeal toast. Both of those things are carbs, both will fill me with a reasonable portion size. I could however happily eat about 28 danish pastries :D

It wasn't baked potatoes or wholemeal bread that got me into a pickle. It was whole packets of chocolate biscuits and cakes. (I do understand that other people may not have quite an issue, so for them it wouldn't matter)

I really am not on board with anyone who starts to try to tell me that a bowl of porridge and an apple is somehow a 'bad' way to start my day. It might not work for them, but they can bog off lecturing me about it. You might choose to be less grumpy explaining that to your certain someone :)

^^I thought you wrote it " drives you up a BIKINI wall" ! 😂