Have a Health & Nutrition Question? Ask the RD!

Options

Replies

• janssummergirl_9
    janssummergirl_9 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am Diabetic Type 2 on Metformin, Blood Pressure meds and Cholesterol. I have a Very hard time loosing weight, my body has found it's Sweet Spot and just refuses to let me keep it off, I have been using your calorie counter for a few months maybe 2 or 3, I was loosing in the beginning but have started now to regain even though I am Still do the same things??
  • michellepope59
    michellepope59 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’m a 63 year old gluten sensitive female with a history of breast cancer and pancreatic cysts. I have read so much about different diets and lifestyles and am overwhelmed with all the differing opinions. Is their an appropriate macros combination for my age to lose weight? I find myself gaining 5 pounds every 5 years or so. I’m up 13 from my normal early adult weight. Thanks for your help.
  • michellepope59
    michellepope59 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’ve been encouraged to do the Fit For Life diet which is all about timing different foods for instance not eating fruit with any protein. I find it very hard to live by. Do you ever recommend that?
  • losethetire2
    losethetire2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Over 65 and trying to lose a few pounds and lower my cholesterol. Is there any way to set that goal in the app?
  • janetlb
    janetlb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am very healthy, for which I am grateful, but every day throughout the day my stomach becomes bloated. No pain or discomfort, just bloating. Any suggestions to remedy?
  • corlett2014
    corlett2014 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m 4 ft. 9”, what should my BMI be. I weigh 142 and I can’t seem to loose any s’more weight
  • Yaniko2
    Yaniko2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’ve recently been diagnosed with insulin resistant PCOS. I need to loose some weight but the insulin resistance makes that difficult. Any recommendations on what I can do to address this issue? There is so much out there about this but I find it mostly contradictory in nature. Appreciate any insight you have on this!
  • gigibi
    gigibi Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    How do I calculate what my daily micronutrients intake should be for carbs, proteins and fats?
  • mcarrera1999
    mcarrera1999 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started strength training 5-6 times a week (3 upper - 2/3 lower body days). Since I want to increase muscle mass but avoid gaining unnecessary fat, should I do any changes to my diet? I already eat 1.8 g of protein per kg of body weight but I am eating at maintenance, maybe even in a deficit some days. Will this prevent me from progressing in the gym and gaining muscle mass?
  • kateebrings3469
    kateebrings3469 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    I'm struggling with a weight loss plateau and staying motivated for losing those last 5 pounds before I can go back into maintenance calories. I'm currently intermittent fasting and taking in about 1500 calories and ~110 g protein a day, and I do a combination of cardio and strength training 4-5 times during the week. The problem is, I've been doing this for about three months and lost 15 pounds and I'm starting to get burned out, and I've been splurging more as a result of that. Any tips for pushing through the burnout and plateau?
    Thank you!
  • NonaNina
    NonaNina Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello
    I'm 70 years old and type 2 diabetes controlled by ozempic. I'm having a difficult time losing weight. I keep gaining and losing the same two pounds. How do I calculate my daily nutrients? I would also like to know how to do low carb (not keto) for diabetes.
  • imtaliaaa
    imtaliaaa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have medullary sponge kidney and have started seeing a nephrologist. I’m curious what about dietary suggestions for healthy kidneys! Thank you!
  • mcarrera1999
    mcarrera1999 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I went through a period of undereating due to illness for 2-3 months, is it true that my metabolism has adapted and now my maintentance calories have decreased? I know the reduction of body mass already decreases BMR but is there some kind of effect after sudden weight loss that lowers the BMR even further?
  • firelady3
    firelady3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Portion and what type of food are the best for meals? Cereal and milk vs turkey bacon and kale spinach omelet? Over 60, bad hip, currently trying to lose another 50 lbs but I am at a stall again. Do you have any recommendations on protein, carbs, etc to shoot towards. Currently my calories are 1200 a day. I do enjoy salad and either make my own dressing or buy Walden's dressing.
  • charity468
    charity468 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    1200 cal/day base. Use some of extra, exercise-induced cals; not all. Losing 1lb/wk. What do I need to do to increase lb/wk? Already added blueberries and spinach to my a.m. smoothie as has been suggested.
  • Michelel321
    Michelel321 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What is the best diet for ankylosing spondylitis?
  • careybarnard
    careybarnard Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Active athlete 68 yrs. All of a sudden numerous injuries. Pulled calf, pulled hamstring, periformis. Wondering if I’m missing something in my diet?
This discussion has been closed.