Have a Health & Nutrition Question? Ask the RD!

Options

Replies

• dylanmurphy2621
    dylanmurphy2621 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What should my calorie goal be? Should I have days with a lower target so my body doesn't get used to it and stop losing weight?
  • Stephie7669
    Stephie7669 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Is it best to exercise fasting or is it okay to have a little fat and carb before exercise? ie: peanut butter and 1/2 piece of sourdough toast.
  • fatty2begone
    fatty2begone Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Looking to increase my good chloresterol HDL. My bad chloresterol numbers are within normal range, however, my HDL is lower. Are there any good food choices to help increase this? Any recommendations to strive for would be greatly appreciated.
  • jaimdawghotmail
    jaimdawghotmail Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m a plant based flexitarian and workout regularly but maintain the struggle to build muscle and size except in my tummy area what can I eat to help me build muscle while loosing not adding to my mid section. Heck I would take loosing the mid section over building muscle if I only had one option however “porque no los dos” thanks.
  • eaglefitnessclub
    eaglefitnessclub Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm a 69 yr old female athletic who swims, bikes, runs, & lifts. I'm having trouble figuring out what my macro nutrients should be. I've done the calculations, but every site has a difference of opinions. Keeping my Carbs on the low side seem to help with keeping my weight down & feeling better (not bloated anymore) but I need carbs to keep my training up. Your thoughts?
  • toohipgramma
    toohipgramma Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a 68 year old woman. How many carbs should I eat for weight loss? Carbs are my weakness but I need to eat less!
  • mariolemieuxjr
    mariolemieuxjr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Would a Heart Healthy Breakfast properly balance Protein, Fat, and Carbs by combining 200 gram Fage Fat Free Greek Yogurt, 10 grams Bobs Red Mill Whole Rolled Oats, 20 grams Walnuts, 20 grams Raspberries, and 20 grams Blueberries? Is this a Heart Healthy Breakfast? Thanks for the feedback!
  • lisy416
    lisy416 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 42 years old and have always trouble getting the viceral fat out. What foods you recommend to burn or help in that region? In addition, do you think that BURN pills are effective? I see that almost in every site about losing weight. I live a healthy lifestyle and eat pretty healthy but everything seems to go to that region area
  • mattbell007
    mattbell007 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Is it OK for an otherwise healthy, overweight adult to do an extended fast (water and electrolytes only)?

[Otherwise healthy: BMI 25-30, not taking any medications, not pregnant or breastfeeding]
  • tdarke1
    tdarke1 Posts: 38 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    I'm a 72 years young, 5'8", 164 lbs. man, I have lost 50 pounds on MFP! No more bread lunchmeat chips beer! Do you have a favorite plant based burger? I want to keep the sodium down.
    "EAT TO LIVE NOT LIVE TO EAT".
  • dtj670
    dtj670 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a 51 yr old female and I’m wondering how many grams of protein should I be eating per day? About 7-8 yrs ago I was told 45-65 g/day as I was seeing an RD for wt loss. Is this too little protein and do the plant proteins count as much as the animal proteins? Thank you!
  • irussell2168
    irussell2168 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What is the best way to reduce belly fat? I understand doing exercise but what food helps to reduce belly fat?
  • mypart912
    mypart912 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Best smoothie options for my am post workout breakfast please. Low glycemic and high in protein?
  • amycouture
    amycouture Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    A few hours post-workout I crash meaning I get extremely tired to the point that I have to quit working and lay down. This happened last week even after just a brisk 30 min walk! Any suggestions?
  • courtneybrown1359
    courtneybrown1359 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of weight to lose to get to my goal weight (75+ lbs). Any advice for a new mom who strongly dislikes measuring out ingredients and counting calories?
  • cfrances12
    cfrances12 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am vegan, and have some health issues with gluten, which I cannot have - I do take supplements but my diet is limited so I bake and started using (I also don't eat sugar) cocoa to make things palatable, well, now there are vegan bean cereals with unsweetened cocoa and chocolate with monkfruit, etc so I have started eating a lot, not changing my caloric input except maybe by 100 calories (I use MFP daily) - I am wondering how much cocoa a day is counter health-wise in consumption? I am guessing I have probably 1/2 to 1 cup of cocoa a day. Thank you.
  • mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Hello! What suggestions do you have for helping to ease symptoms of Fibromyalgia via diet? I've tried researching it online, but I've seen a lot of contradictory information.

(I'm already a vegetarian which is one suggestion I've seen a lot, and I have tried several medications and had super bad side effects so I'm trying to control via diet and exercise.)
  • Jlpalacios
    Jlpalacios Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’ve lost about 30 pounds since August. I’ve got approximately 12 to go. How many calories a day should I be eating to continue my weight loss?
  • thomasirpan
    thomasirpan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What are your recommended supplements for Active Aging & Longevity? and How to get the reimbursements from Insurance and HSA?
  • mlmunson
    mlmunson Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’m looking for suggestions/tips for someone who gained a significant amount of weight after being put on medication for ulcerative colitis management. They work out 3-5 days a week and they make 80% of their meals at home, but are struggling to lose weight.
This discussion has been closed.